New DVDs

Tools    

Originally posted by spudracer
Hyper, Episode 1 just sounds so much better than it did on VHS (of course), especially the added footage makes the movie a tad bit more enjoyable. Wonder which version they'll show on FOX.

I bought Mortal Kombat and the weaker sequel, Annihilation, in a two pack for 14.95. Tomb Raider, being a Paramount disc, amazed me being only 19.95 instead of the usual 21.95.

POTA, I'm with OG- on this one, the features are so fulfilling its almost unbearable.

The Grinch, the features on this are alright, but not fully satisfying.

visit www.movieforums.com/dvd for the specs on these discs as well as some not yet released.

I own the SW EP 1 DVD and it is reeeeeeealllllly outstanding . Unlike other people for some reason (except for Jar jar) I liked Phantom. With the DVD's sound and picture and bonus features makes it as you say "more" enjoyable.

Movies based on video games seem to just well.......not do well for me mostly. Though the only one that really caught my eye as being well, worth it, is Tomb Raider. I have seen it like so many times. Hollywood makes movies based on video games at least 99% of em all kiddy.

POTA - - AWESOME

Grinch - -Good / Could have been better

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I got mad when I got The Grinch simply because I grabbed the wrong version(I was in a hurry), but I have no plans on exchanging it for the Widescreen version. I'm not going to watch it much anyways...just my nephews and nieces are going to watch it.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I got mad when I got The Grinch simply because I grabbed the wrong version(I was in a hurry), but I have no plans on exchanging it for the Widescreen version. I'm not going to watch it much anyways...just my nephews and nieces.

You too???? LOL I went to Kmart and picked it up along w/POTA. I brought it home to watch and check for glitches and etc... and noticed the same. It is for me so I was kinda upset .

I would say that a movie like that I don't really care if it's Widescreen or not. I mean I have a few Disney DVDs and I'm used to it being Widescreen or Full Frame.

I only really gripe about not being Widescreen if its a movie that really needs to be Widescreen...i.e. I put Willy Wonka back because it was Full Frame.

I bought 4 DVD's today

The Stunt Man Special Edition - Richard Rush

Dirty Harry Special Edition

The Messenger - Luc Besson

The Nightmare Before Christmas Special Edition

plus a couple I bought a week or two ago
Magnolia
Sydney (Hard Eight)
The Great Escape
Dressed To Kill
________
GLASS BUBBLERS

I got the whole Dirty Harry boxed set a few weeks back when it streeted, and The Stunt Man too. The documentary, "The Sinister Saga of making The Stunt Man" is worth the extra price of the S.E., and the commentary track is decent.

This week I picked up Untiltled, Cameron Crowe's Almost Famous director's cut. I liked the movie OK when it was released, but I didn't consider it top ten material from that year (top twenty anyway). I actually appreciate the longer cut more, I think it's a better film. That doesn't always hold true, but in this case it's definitely worth seeing, even if you weren't a raging fan of the original theatrical cut.

The second best thing about Untitled, other than the longer cut of the flick, is the commentary track with Cameron and his Mother. Great stuff!

I'm glad this was a relatively light week, release-wise, because next week is a real bear for me. I may have to put a couple on a X-mas wish list: Topkapi, The Elephant Man, Medium Cool and The Following (Chris Memento Nolan's first feature) all street next Tuesday. Gotsta have all four of those puppies.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Holden, how much did Untitled sell for? I was wanting to get it, but I'm short on the dough right now. I'm too lazy to go out and look too.

The retail tag for Untitled is $34.99, but Suncoast had it for around $28 or so (I've already forgotten).

Put it on your holiday wish list if you liked the movie or are a fan of Crowe's.

Actually, haven't seen it. I have liked some of Crowe's previous work so I just thought about buying this thing without seeing it.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Series 7: The Contenders
Wild Things so sue me =/

got jurassic park for 25$ today because i couldnt find fight club, i already have jp on vhs but good enough!
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Well, that's the thing. The closest thing I have to me that involves hard to get DVDs, is Hastings. Other than that, I have the mall 40 minutes away with no Suncoast, or a mall an hour and a half away with a Suncoast. It's very frustrating.

i really like hollywood or blockbuster's used dvd's hollywood video was just haing a 2 dvd for 20$ a week ago and i go o brother where art thou and mememto.

That's a really good deal, and usually, if the customers know how to treat the discs, you can get them with minimal scratches.

Well, that's the thing. The closest thing I have to me that involves hard to get DVDs, is Hastings.
You should always support Hasting's. The Marmadukes (the family who started the chain) are family friends. And the chain is based in the town where I grew up (and one of the Marmaduke daughters is incredibly hot, especially in the chestal region).

I picked up a few DVDs recently. I got:

The Magnificent Seven
Finding Forrester
Wonder Boys
Dogma
State & Main

That makes 103 DVDs in toto for me, though I do have two copies of Monty Python and the Holy Grail (SE and non-SE) and two copies of Charade (Criterion and non-Criterion).

wow! 103 dvd's!!! I have 21 and i thought that was a lot.