Song of the day

Tools    

This BB King / Eric Clapton / et al guitar session is so transcendent that it feels like Pope presiding mass directly in St. Peter's Basilica. Like a choir of Angels making musical piece out of Book of Revelation. I don't wanna impose however check the faces of listeners, they are definitely nothing but happy on that set. As I am despite of fact I didn't make it to BB King EU tour on time due to his departure. Well I am pretty sure dearest Riley you doing your vibrato in heaven now and giving your gift in full.

Terrific- never heard this jam before. Loved your way of describing how the music moves you @Nestorio_Miklos. Also loved the look on BB 's face about halfway through- just so glad to be playing with all these guitar luminaries, as if he's forgotten that he's the reason they are so inspired. Like a kid in a candy shop.

Never got to see him in person alas- though I' ve seen Clapton and that's as close to guitar heaven as you'd want to be. . But BB's gone now. And the BB King Blues Club just closed up this spring.

Well here's the thing. I ' d like to think there is a heaven, indeed. And folks like BB should be there now. I would n't be surprised if all dogs go to heaven, not atall. Cats too. But don't expect to see your favorite car up there. No sirree.
No inainimate objects go to heaven.

Exceptin' for Lucille. No doubt Lucille is right up there with BB in heaven too, and the two of them are having a grand old time- just singing their songs. But of course it's not like Lucille was really just a hunk of metal - as you could plainly hear and see here- she's been very much alive.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I keep reading the title as soup of the day. I must be desperately wait g for Jerry Seinfeld. 🐢🐝🌷

Lol @Dani8 well I love soup AND music. I actually know 2 songs about soup, but don't like either enough to post here. But I got to thinkin'-why not a song about food.

Which this almost is -sorta. See, do you remember we were talking on another thread about Meryl not being gifted in humor. Well I can think of one exception- in the movie Heartburn (spoilers here friends) when she talks about being in a dream and waking from a dream- and then smashes a cake in her two timing husbands face at a dinner party. Perfect brilliant comic
timing. Perfect-and when she boards the plane with a baby and toddler in loving tow; you KNOW (no Gone With the Wind question here)- she is going to be just fine.

And for a perfect song to end a movie , not just this movie but for any movie, I would say this one by Carly Simon.....takes the cake.

We love soup!!!

That video won't run for me. Having a few challenges since I drowned my laptop falling asleep at the wheel.

We need a song about cockatoos in my backyard. Mr D shot them and counted 40.

Yeah, these guys did it for me. I mean the blues with a Tuareg style. That's just crazy! This music makes me think. Sometimes we are just sleepwalking and living our lives unnoticed. Don't you wanna leave your signature for generations to see? Please distinguish your talents and make people to see them! Just like Earl Nightingale said: "Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway". It might sound like a cheap philosophy quote however it's vy true. I'm adding the lyrics to this song:

There was a time
I lived fulfilled.
Life taught me that
It can often change.

The one you find in solitude
Is prisoner of egotistical desires.
I have a friend I can trust
Who quenches the thirst
That burns in my heart.

I walk in his footsteps
Pursuing memories built
On a dune that’s always moving.

no sleepwalking,
don’t keep me apart
I’m through sleepwalking,
god be in my heart
no more sleepwalking,
been asleep too long
no more sleepwalking,
keep me with you god

For us it's magpies. Oh the colour poverty !

Lol. I love magpies except during spring. Those babies sure make a racket!

Lol. I love magpies except during spring. Those babies sure make a racket!
or Autumn when they nest and attack anything that moves. My tiny pooch chases them in retaliation.

Thanks for posting that song
@Nestorio_Miklos - I never heard of them before. Turns out they are Grammy winners and were fans, by listening to bootleg recordings - of my personal Muse, Bob Dylan
The lyrics are beautiful - a poem.

Well I noticed something - the lead guitarist in the band is playing his guitar upside down. That is, he's playing a right handed guitar left handed- without re-stringing it.

So did the beloved folk singer Elizabeth (Libba) Cotten. The song I'm about to post has been covered by everyone from Dylan to Chris Smither to The Grateful Dead. She started it as a lullabye for her grandchildren, who loved it so they begged her to put words to it. A simple performance here, but you can hear the love in her voice.

And btw, she was first discovered by a once young man you may have heard of- when she was the maid for the family of Pete Seeger.

@lenslady great you started a new thread, today I am feeling so lonely because of my co-workers are at leave and I am the only one working in the office right now and also because of I am alone in the office all of the past sadness started to hit me, I am listening songs to get rid of boredom and sadness but all in vain. I don't know which song suits to my present situation but I am posting this song because I am feeling a little better when I listen this song

Terrific @alexievin. Thank you SO much for your contribution, and your compliment !

I know this song and it is so apt to pick you up in your stranded situation at the office. Are you out of work now, and pedaling to paradise?
OMG The video alone ( which I had not seen before) is enough to make you smile. And when the band of elephants bowed at the end of their song I truly was rotflmao. I' m still grinning now.

Thus week I ' m hoping to go to a couple of events where I may run into people I haven't seen in years. This song, brilliantly crafted by the gifted writer/guitarist Chris Smither - is a clever rumination on the passage of time ( by someone much older than I btw but I get the gist)

Chris is a personal favorite of mine - in the style of 'roots' music I very much enjoy - who I've seen perform. several times - and the percussive 'tapping' you hear is not a snare drum- the man brings his own floor to concerts - big wooden circular slab - and taps out the rhythm with his feet.
If you haven't heard of him, he 's written hit songs for people like Bonnie Raiit.
Well anyways, if I feel a little older after seeing these folks ( I mean I don't think I look that much older after 5- 10 or so years, do you?) I know .... I' ll be home soon.

This BB King / Eric Clapton / et al guitar session is so transcendent that it feels like Pope presiding mass directly in St. Peter's Basilica. Like a choir of Angels making musical piece out of Book of Revelation. I don't wanna impose however check the faces of listeners, they are definitely nothing but happy on that set. As I am despite of fact I didn't make it to BB King EU tour on time due to his departure. Well I am pretty sure dearest Riley you doing your vibrato in heaven now and giving your gift in full.

Great stuff. If you like that youll love:

Thankfully Im not feeling like that right now though. I guess I would go with

since Im almost done with the mad scramble of catching up to a weeks worth of work...

Sorry I haven't been around my own thread- but thanks for listening AND posting. Haha the Ramones, one of the few punk bands that made the top 40. But for me, the only drug of choice is.....coffee. Wouldn't want to face the day without it. In this warm shirtsleeves and shorts weather, a tall glass of iced coffee is my choice.

And speaking of good weather- today is the first day of summer! Yippee!!

So I searched hard to find something to fit the mood and found this song-- it's just happy fluff, silly fluffy stuff - but hey that's the sorta mood
I' m in. Besides, it's got a good beat and you can dance to it:

Today I just heard this song, I don't know what language is this but I just love the music and tune of this song Awesome, do listen and thank me later.

Thanks @I. Rex. Was finally able to find time to listen to the 'recent' posts. Gray day today, so the BB/Clapton piece fit the overcast mood of the day. Two guitars talking. Talking back and forth. Talking to each other, by the end - underlining each other 's thoughts.

I realized the Ramones, after second hearing, were top notch of the headbanger bands.

@akexkevin . When I was listening to this I kept feeling it was like a film score. Name was not familiar to me. Then researched the musician, he was Pakistani, and a top star in 'world music'. AND he did contribute music to films. Admired by and played with a lot of musicians
I do know, including Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam.

These recent submissions make me think of an oft repeated, but so true, saying: Music IS the universal language.

Like your thread LL. Like your outlook on life as stated eloquently..almost poetically in some of your posts. Sorry I am not really into your type of music. I am more a classical man.

We love soup!!!

That video won't run for me. Having a few challenges since I drowned my laptop falling asleep at the wheel.

Shot them with a gun or camera. If former send Mr D to my neiborhood please.

I only know one bikie. I wouldn't touch a gun anyway.