Stunning Pictures of the World

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
I've got an addiction for seeking this stuff out at work Here's some recent ones...

"Meltwater sculpted the dagger-like shaft of ice near a cave in Matanuska Glacier in Alaska's Chugach Mountains"

"Antelope Canyon, Arizona_Photo by Alessandro Saponi"

"Ukraine, Pripyat, 2009_abandoned after Chernobyl"

"Views of the ancient city of Petra, Jordan"

"Massive beams of selenite dwarf human explorers in Mexico's Cave of Crystals, deep below the Chihuahuan Desert"

"Ancient Mayans created negative handprints on the walls of what we now call Handprint Cave in western Belize by taking pigment and blowing it on the walls around their hands"

"This 45-minute exposure of a dilapidated barn near Iron River, Wisconsin captures the whirling motion of stars"

"Vladimirskaya church built in 1789 by architect Bazhenova_all photoshopped up"

Creatures...

"The barreleye_rotatable tubular eyes within transparent fluid-filled head_green-capped eyes point upward in this pic_two spots above mouth are olfactory"

"Luidia sarsi starfish with larval attachment_the two separate with larval form staying alive & pursuing independent life"

"Habitat by Alessio Viora"

"I never did find out how this Mountain Goat, Oreamnos americanus, managed to get down_I was there for more than an hour and it kept licking away at the mineral in the rock"

"Concrete mould of ant colony"

Excellent photos Golgot! Youve a great eye for unique shots.

Great Horned Owl

Great Salt Lake

Great White Shark The 3 greats in a row were unintentional.

Lenticular Clouds

Originally Posted by TONGO
Excellent photos Golgot! Youve a great eye for unique shots.
Danke monsieur About half of those were from National Geographic and the like tho - just trimmed em down a bit

---

Seeing as I'm at blooming work again, i might as well upload some more I've got hanging around...

"Teens capture images of stratosphere 20 miles up with £56 camera and balloon"

"Water tower Northern Italy, close to Gavia Pass"

"Central City, Colorado (Rex A Stucky)"

Unknown spiral staircase

"Beneath this concrete dome on Runit Island, built between 1977 and 1980 at a cost of about 239mil dollars, lie 84,927 cubic meters of radioactive soil and debris from Bikini and Rongelap atolls"

"A few hundred degrees separates this pool of fiery orange magma in Italy’s Mount Etna from its hardened, gray crust"

"A wisp of smoke escapes from Mt. St. Helens’ dramatic eggshell-shaped crater after an eruption"

Lost the source for this - PS reckon it's flipped horizontally for that 'gleamy sky'

"National Geographic 2008 Best Wild Animal Photos_Southern Right Whale intrigued by man 'bait' off Auckland Islands (by Brian Skerry)"

"artfromthearctic_Director David Hinton, cameraman Philip Chavannes and sound recordist Albert Bailey filming at Kongsfjord"

"Art from the Arctic"

"Huge entrance on the Khumbu Glacier in Nepal_Note figure in red in distance. Scalloped walls"

"In the foreground, you see a group of bathing machines (for modest lady bathers to change in) en route to the waters off of Scarborough, Yorkshire"

"East oblique of missile site control building, with better view of exhaust (the taller columns) and intake shafts"

"Digitaly stitched together from multiple field emission gun scans etc_base surface highly aligned dense zinc oxide nanorods_higher complex structures grown by absorbing reactants from vapour"

Some Jason de Caires underwater art...

This one's called Vissicitudes...

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
Some cool pictures

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

Some more worldly stuff

(I hate my work, does it show? )

---

Armenian Church Maryam-e Moghadas

Saayeh khosh formations in Southern Iran, photo by Sizif

A dust storm at Owens Lake, California - surveillance by Basin Unified Air Pollution Control District

A mate Gwen in Brazil

Lenin in the rubble (don't know location/photographer)

Driftwood horse sculptures by Heather Jansch

'Jaipur-28 (viajar24hr FLickr)'

National Geographic 2008 Best Wild Animal Photos_Black Crested Macaque by Stefano Unterthiner

Allegedly part of the 'Most Beautiful Goat' competition in Saudi Arabia

Stink bug from Singapore looks like it’s carrying a gorilla-mask on its back

Window Shopping by Walfred Moisio

Reverse graffiti - images cleaned into walls

Takasugi-an, a tea house in Chino, Nagano Prefecture, Japan

'The Blue brain is the work of artists Chris Christoffels and Jose Roland and the structure is built to represent creativity'

Bridge, a site-specific installation by Michael Cross

Remembered i had these up elsewhere. Click to embiggun like