Slash Vault, Bloody Adventures with MoFo Nostromo

→ in
Tools    

I hope you enjoy it.
I did. I've been selecting my non franchise slasher fare by year, so that covers rewatches and new discoveries that exactly what I'm looking for. It's been quite great so far. Only bummer was not liking Madman as much as I did when I was a kid. In fact, it's quite meh.

Can't believe, out of all these slasher reviews, I only reviewed two Freddy movies.

Some definitive discipline, people!

Giving us variety is a bit of a Freddy thing to do.

I have a review coming for A Nightmare on Elm Street coming, but it's hard because...I'm DOING NAUGHTY THINGS TO IT.

Yeah I know what you just thought. Yes, and no.

REVIEW COMING, OK?

How do you say something that isn't just straight up concurrence?

It's really hard with NES, because it's quite a perfect concept. And execution wise, it's also, near perfect. How do you just be one more voice upon thousands saying the same thing?

I have a review coming for A Nightmare on Elm Street coming, but it's hard because...I'm DOING NAUGHTY THINGS TO IT.

Yeah I know what you just thought. Yes, and no.

REVIEW COMING, OK?

SLASHSTREET BOYS

it's easier with FT13 because it's probably seen as the most throwaway of the 3 franchises. I rebel because I just appreciate Jason Voorhees in general. I could take it all apart and build it all up in one on one convo about all that, but on the surface, NES films are DEFINITELY attacking on another front.

It's about time you two get the blood flowing in here again. There's been a disappointing lack of updates lately in what is one of the best threads on the forum. Also: all this discussion/analysis of Freddy, Jason and Michael, but poor Leatherface doesn't even warrant a mention? Tsk, tsk.

Nostro, I'm glad you dug Intruder, although I thought you might like it even more than you did since it has that hang-out vibe I associate you with, plus plenty of fun, artistic kills. Very pleased to see House of 1000 Corpses make your top ten. Now you'll have to watch The Devil's Rejects sometime and give me your opinion. It's shocking to see you rank Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween over the original, but I've always admired your willingness to go against the grain. Gonna have to make sure I give Urban Legend a watch sometime soon since I dismissed it back in the day. Will also be checking out Terrifier since it sounds very much like my kind of horror. (And I also need to scout this new clown trying to make a name for himself. Pennywise and I might have to shank a bitch the next time we catch him out behind the circus tent.) Watched Candyman a few weeks back and found it more impressive than you did. Loved how sinister and unpredictable it was, and I thought Virginia Madsen and Tony Todd gave great performances.

As for cat, I loved your Friday the 13th reviews. You're obviously more passionate about the series than I am, but it sounds like we're mostly on the same page when it comes to how we'd rank them. I know The Final Chapter and A New Beginning have their fans, but I'm not one of them. For me, Part III and Jason Lives are the most enjoyable entries.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I like Freddy vs Jason.....

There I said it.

My original review was a bit harsh, but it works.

Suspect's Reviews

Will also be checking out Terrifier since it sounds very much like my kind of horror. (And I also need to scout this new clown trying to make a name for himself. Pennywise and I might have to shank a bitch the next time we catch him out behind the circus tent.)
I straight-up loved Terrifier. Would tongue kiss that director for giving me proper 80's in the now. Suppose I'd better google a pic of him now...

DAMN, HE'S CUTE.

Settled then.

As for cat, I loved your Friday the 13th reviews. You're obviously more passionate about the series than I am, but it sounds like we're mostly on the same page when it comes to how we'd rank them. I know The Final Chapter and A New Beginning have their fans, but I'm not one of them. For me, Part III and Jason Lives are the most enjoyable entries.
Thank you! Yeah I super-fangirled out this time around (wouldn't be surprised if I woke up with a tattoo), but I let myself do so, and thoroughly enjoyed it. This time doing the marathon, if order and ALL of them, I found myself trying to slow down the speed of my viewing towards the end of the series as I wasn't ready to say goodbye (for a few months, or whenever the urge to marathon it comes around again).

I like Freddy vs Jason.....

There I said it.

My original review was a bit harsh, but it works.
I LIKE IT TOO.

Not even ashamed.

My only real beef is that they ****ed over Kane Hodder. Oh boy, that's clumsy sentence construction, but that mental image works.

I third the love for FVJ. It was the first script I ever read.

I third the love for FVJ. It was the first script I ever read.
Of them all, I think I'll be rewatching this one again soon, but out of the context of the entire series. I'm one of those people where timing often makes a difference. If I'm not in the mood/ready for a certain movie whether it be time of my life or time of day/year, it will impact my enjoyment or how the film strikes me.

I'm in the middle of the Nightmare of Elm Street franchise, but haven't been able to write anything presentable about them. YET.

@Captain Spaulding

Intruder (1989) - Was this close to giving it a 7.0, and I know now that I underrated it. Also, I'm about to start working in a grocery store stockroom on the night shift, so I'll be living inside the movie Intruder. Made me think of The Return of the Living Dead a few weeks back when I re-watched and mentioned it in the "Rate the Last Movie You Saw" thread, with Thom Matthews working his first day at the warehouse with James Karen and Clu Gulager. I'd just had my interview that afternoon, and after watching The Return of the Living Dead that night, I got a call the next day that I'd got the job.

Had my pre-orientation last weekend, have two more coming up this weekend, then I start after that. Another set of movies that have been in my head- The Evil Dead films. Especially the first one, about some friends who go to a cabin in the woods and get possessed by an ancient book. There's also a TV series. I know this isn't slasher stuff, it's just where I am creatively right now. And it's natural, for me at least, to cross up work and movies... Since I've had such an admiration for exploring fun movies and stories. Oh, I got off topic. Rob Zombie. And his Halloween remake, it hit me at the right time when I watched it earlier this spring. With the masks and Malcolm McDowell, while I had got myself banned. It was enjoyable, I do really dig the Halloween movies anyways. Especially the first from 1978, the fourth from 1988, the sixth from 1995 with Paul Rudd, and the remake from 2007. Haven't seen Zombie's sequel from 2009, or Resurrection from 2002, but I'll go see the new one this year.

Shop smart. Shop S Mart.