A Day in the Life

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I wasn't saying I agreed with the puppet statement, I ment that I thought your statement in response to Sun's was just as ignorant in putting down Clinton.

Well, by saying that, you're saying that you think my statement was ignorant...which is uneducated or incorrect. If my statement was incorrect, then you must agree with him on something.

Or you might have misused the word a bit. A lot of my friends used to do that. Around here, for some reason, the word ignorant means "rude." Go figure.

I agree with his Bill Clinton is the man statement. I don't think he was a disgrace. Just how you don't think Bush is a puppet. It's just something we will disagree on.

I do agree that he will be elected again though.

What are you talking about? I didn't say any of that. I'm saying Clinton is the man cuz he revitalized the economy and got the girl.

You must be paranoid, but thanks for pointing out Bush's faults. I think Bush is a puppet cuz he hasn't done anything since he's been elected except travel around and make public appearances and sign autographs. He's like the Vice Pres or something. He's just a nice guy to please the people while the guys behind the scenes do all the work then say, Mr Pres this is what we your party think you should do, and he goes, ok. I don't think he's in control of anything. What has he done since he's been elected? The tax rebate, which he did just to get elected, and talking to Mexico, just to get the Hispanic vote. And all the stuff you said, just to get money and votes. Btw, I resent him thinking I'll vote for him just cuz he's Bush's son or for a rebate or cuz he likes Hispanics. I resent it a lot. Clinton had original ideas and did them. As a result the economy kicked butt. Having Bush is like not having a Pres at all, it's like having two VPs.

Name one bill that Clinton signed that helped the economy. While I'm waiting for that, I'll have to mention the Energy Tax he put forth almost IMMEDIETLY after being elected to office, and anyone who's read anything at all about economics knows that higher taxes is BAD for business/the economy.

First of all, the tax issue is a big one, secondly, if you really want me to, I can look further into what he's gotten done. What did Clinton do? Honestly, you and I are ordinary citizens don't know what The President does day to day...if you claim you do, well, you're mistaken.

It's also pretty odd to dislike him him because you THINK he expects people to vote for him from some reason you've thought up. I also marvel at your incredible knowledge of the inner-workings of the Republican party. Now the whole thing is off! They'll have to tell Bush to make decisions himself now, huh?

Anyway, feel free to wake me whe you've composed that amazing list of great ideas Clinton has thought of and done.

Jeez, I just mentioned how I would love Clinton to be my PM & now Day in the Life is political thread. BTW I wish you stop yelling TWT. I know you put smileys after yer comments but everytime Clintons name comes up, you really talk like youre yelling. Youre always rantin on & on about his willy like its the worst thing in the solar systim. If Clinton were a Nazi youd probably still be talkin about his evil Nazi willy, haha!

And I dont know why you keep sayin hes a disgrace --look at all the people of New York followin him around & shouting, WE LOVE YOU BILL! WE WISH YOU WERE STIL PRESIDENT! (Dont deny it, I heard them on the telly.)That sure doesnt sound like a disgrace to me. And then you call him a media whore becuz he walks down the street & attracts crowds of people, whats whit that? YOu cant even say one good thing about him, you hate him so much. This is where you & Pigsnie are alike though-- he cant say one good thing about Bush either, LOLL. Well I guess you got one thing in common.

THAts not enough, OG-! TWT will want you to give him hard proof (no, not his willy) like in the Starr report! hahaha!

LOL, if he needs proof then he apparently wouldn't know much about what Bill Clinton did for this country! And no TWT, we're not making fun of you.

No, were good little boys. SERIOUSLY!

Yeah, I do hate him...I think he's a liar, and perhaps even a murderer in some ways. As for a disgrace: I don't think we should measure honor and honest based on what a few people on the street say. People do stupid things all the time...like insult Bush.

Sorry if you think I'm yelling. I'm not...I'm just very firm in these beliefs, that's all. Not angry at anyone. As for the media whore thing: it's not as if he just walks down the street and people come up to him. Clinton is a lawyer man...he's all about show, and image. Why do you think some people still like him, after he bacically acknowledged committing perjury? Because he's intelligent and charming...they don't call him Slick Willy for nothing (see? I said he was intelligent and charming. ).

Clinton was the first president since Nixon to clear the deficit!!! Just thought I'd throw that in there.
Also the first President since Jackson to get his a** impeached. I would argue that he's probably riding some of Reagan's wave, and that of the Internet. But, seriously: what bills has he signed? What did he do, and how?

LOL, if he needs proof then he apparently wouldn't know much about what Bill Clinton did for this country!
Did? Other than a fat chick? Don't want proof...more like a good reason to believe he was a good President. Honestly, I'm pretty much amazed that people will dismiss his lying under oath (he's The President man) and having sex while talking with a Representative on the phone, just because the economy WAS good (yeah, that's right, it crashed BEFORE he left office...or did we all convienently forget that? ).

lol!
The economy crashed cause of
  • Clinton going away and look at the choices we had left.
  • Dot coms didn't know what they were doing.
  • And Alan Greenspan going nuts.
Plus, he didn't get impeached, he made it through all that. That's another reason he's the man. He's like Teflon baby! Hehehe

I liked Reagan, he reminds me of my dad. Except my dad is funny. He's always joking an stuff.

I don't hate Bush. I like him. He's a nice man with a good heart. I'm just saying he's being used. He's not the one pulling the strings around Washington.
And yes, maybe you should change the way they do things up there. I sent my Senators emails and so did everybody else asking them to leave Bill alone and not one of them listened. Everyone was so hot to try and impeach him they totally ignored the will of the people, and not for a good reason, because they were playing their little politics game. I mean how can you disguise or dismiss how low, ::ahem::, a certain political party, stooped to try and get Bill impeached. I think THAT conduct was a disgrace.

Now look what you did! You made sweet curly-haired Plite say whore! I'm really telling your mom on you now.
Don't listen P, he's a potty mouth...and he blocked Jesus. Lol! And don't smoke, Pigsnie prolly doesn't inhale anyway.

The economy crashed cause of...(snip)
If Clinton's going to get credit for the economic boom that took place significantly because of the Internet, the dude needs to take the heat when it crashes again. C'mon man, just one bill Clinton signed that helped our economy. I'm fully convinced the man rode other people's waves.

Plus, he didn't get impeached, he made it through all that. That's another reason he's the man. He's like Teflon baby! Hehehe
Naw man, he WAS impeached. You don't have to be thrown out of office to be impeached.

I don't hate Bush. I like him. He's a nice man with a good heart. I'm just saying he's being used. He's not the one pulling the strings around Washington.
C'mon man...is this just based off of the way you see him act on TV every now and then?

And yes, maybe you should change the way they do things up there. I sent my Senators emails and so did everybody else asking them to leave Bill alone and not one of them listened. Everyone was so hot to try and impeach him they totally ignored the will of the people, and not for a good reason, because they were playing their little politics game. I mean how can you disguise or dismiss how low, ::ahem::, a certain political party, stooped to try and get Bill impeached. I think THAT conduct was a disgrace.
Dude, you can't be serious. A man has sex in the Oval-freaking-Office, lies about it UNDER OATH. Misleads people for weeks, and then some people actually want to prosecute him for his crime, and that's a disgrace? Are we talking about the same thing here?

Besides, the will of the people comes out in elections. If we let polls tell us what to do, this country would be in chaos. The public was sickingly uneducated and apathetic about all this. They all said "Well, I don't really care...as long as he does his job." Most of them don't even realize that part of his job is to, uh, NOT break the law and lie while under oath. This guy is the most powerful man in the entire world, he lies under OATH, and it's not supposed to be a big deal?

And don't smoke, Pigsnie prolly doesn't inhale anyway.
Damn straight...that's Clinton's job.

YEAH, TWT made Little PLite say the Ho word, now I gotta wash my mouth out with Irish spring, pah phtooey!

Christofer Robin TWT! (Hee hee, I haf always wanted to say CHRISTOFER ROBIN!) If Clinton havin sex in the Oval office bothers you so much, I wonder what you think of Mr Camelot JFK. I heard he had sex with hussys not his wife in almost evry room in the White house includin the broom closet. He even footled around with a Communist! And americans say hes like one of the best presidents you ever had!

I think Republicans have a sex problem. On the one hand they try to kick Clinton out of office becuz he LIED about an affair (woo, an affair, wheres the firing squad?) & on the other hand, theyre pissed that Henry Hyde & Newt Grimgich & Bob Barrs affairs were also exposed & theyre not important enuf to impeach. So the Repubs are quite conflicted. (Ps. I know about Newt becuz Pigsnie wrote a funny story about the whole thing in a magazine & I just read it. See! Here it is, in National geographic, hahaha!

Ps. TWT you said Clinton is a murderer. Show me!

Okay, here you go bud.

By BBC News Online's Steve Schifferes
President Bill Clinton will leave office with the longest boom in US history still intact.

Mr Clinton also leaves the legacy of a huge and growing budget surplus, the product of years of bitter battles between Republicans and Democrats.

During the eight years of the presidency, the economy expanded by 50% in real terms, and by the end of his tenure the US had a gross national product of $10,000bn - one quarter of the entire world economic output.

The unemployment rate has dropped by half, to 4%, a 40-year-low, while the economy has created some 15 million jobs.

The stock market grew even faster - by more than three times - creating thousands of millionaires among middle class stockholders, and employees of fast-growing companies like Microsoft

The booming economy and strict controls over government spending has meant that Mr Clinton also leaves office with the public finances in their strongest shape for decades.

The Office of Management and Budget is projecting a surplus of $5,000bn over the next 10 years, enough to pay off the entire Federal debt and fund Social Security, the state pension scheme, for several more decades.

By BBC Washington Correspondent Nick Bryant
The largest budget surplus in history, the lowest unemployment rate in more than 40 years, the fastest growth in real wages for more than two decades, and the biggest drop in welfare rolls seen during any administration.

If "It's the economy stupid" was the mantra of his campaign to win the presidency, it has also fast become the stock answer from the White House about what President Clinton's legacy should be.

That he has presided over the longest economic expansion in US history is undeniable. The US entered its 107th consecutive month of growth last February.

Mr Clinton can also point to the fact that while he inherited the biggest federal budget deficit in history, it now shows the largest surplus ever - a huge $230bn.

From Bill's farewell speech
Working together, America has done well. Our economy is breaking records, with more than 22 million new jobs, the lowest unemployment in 30 years, the highest home ownership ever, the longest expansion in history.

Our families and communities are stronger. Thirty-five million Americans have used the family leave law. Eight million have moved off welfare. Crime is at a 25-year low.

Over 10 million Americans receive more college aid, and more people than ever are going to college. Our schools are better - higher standards, greater accountability and larger investments have brought higher test scores, and higher graduation rates.

More than three million children have health insurance now, and more than seven million Americans have been lifted out of poverty.

Incomes are rising across the board. Our air and water are cleaner. Our food and drinking water are safer. And more of our precious land has been preserved, in the continental United States, than at any time in 100 years.

America has been a force for peace and prosperity in every corner of the globe.

[blue]Who's the man? That's what I thought.[/blue]

Pres Bush, the first 100 days

[purple]Brief summary by me[/purple]

Day 1 Sits at his desk
Day 2 Has coffee
Day 3 Looks at his watch
Day 4 Combs his eyebrows
Day 5 Goes to Mexico
Day 6 Meets school kids
Day 7 Shakes hands and offers someone a stick of gum
Day 8 Christens a ship
Day 9 Pets the cat
Day 10 Talks with some guys
Day 11 Goes to a convention or something
Day 12 Watching something funny on tv
Day 13 BBQ party in the rose garden
Day 14 Picks his teeth
Day 15 Goes to Canada

Check it out if you don't believe me

HEY, I can sit at my desk & pet the cat!! Then people will say I look just like the president!

{PLite sees TWT comin across the parkin lot with a real big machete & warns Sunfrog to flee to the American Skizool.]

Originally posted by sunfrog
Okay, here you go bud.

By BBC News Online's Steve Schifferes
President Bill Clinton will leave office with the longest boom in US history still intact.

Mr Clinton also leaves the legacy of a huge and growing budget surplus, the product of years of bitter battles between Republicans and Democrats.

During the eight years of the presidency, the economy expanded by 50% in real terms, and by the end of his tenure the US had a gross national product of $10,000bn - one quarter of the entire world economic output.

The unemployment rate has dropped by half, to 4%, a 40-year-low, while the economy has created some 15 million jobs.

The stock market grew even faster - by more than three times - creating thousands of millionaires among middle class stockholders, and employees of fast-growing companies like Microsoft

The booming economy and strict controls over government spending has meant that Mr Clinton also leaves office with the public finances in their strongest shape for decades.

The Office of Management and Budget is projecting a surplus of $5,000bn over the next 10 years, enough to pay off the entire Federal debt and fund Social Security, the state pension scheme, for several more decades.

By BBC Washington Correspondent Nick Bryant
The largest budget surplus in history, the lowest unemployment rate in more than 40 years, the fastest growth in real wages for more than two decades, and the biggest drop in welfare rolls seen during any administration.

If "It's the economy stupid" was the mantra of his campaign to win the presidency, it has also fast become the stock answer from the White House about what President Clinton's legacy should be.

That he has presided over the longest economic expansion in US history is undeniable. The US entered its 107th consecutive month of growth last February.

Mr Clinton can also point to the fact that while he inherited the biggest federal budget deficit in history, it now shows the largest surplus ever - a huge $230bn.

From Bill's farewell speech
Working together, America has done well. Our economy is breaking records, with more than 22 million new jobs, the lowest unemployment in 30 years, the highest home ownership ever, the longest expansion in history.

Our families and communities are stronger. Thirty-five million Americans have used the family leave law. Eight million have moved off welfare. Crime is at a 25-year low.

Over 10 million Americans receive more college aid, and more people than ever are going to college. Our schools are better - higher standards, greater accountability and larger investments have brought higher test scores, and higher graduation rates.

More than three million children have health insurance now, and more than seven million Americans have been lifted out of poverty.

Incomes are rising across the board. Our air and water are cleaner. Our food and drinking water are safer. And more of our precious land has been preserved, in the continental United States, than at any time in 100 years.

America has been a force for peace and prosperity in every corner of the globe.

[blue]Who's the man? That's what I thought.[/blue]
Amen to that.

Btw, Clinton didn't technically lie under oath. When he said "I did not have sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky", it was at a press conference. You seem to have a huge amount of faith in the judicial system, TWT, so why did he get off? And btw, Reagan was one of the worst presidents the country ever had, and Bush (H. not W.) didn't do so hot either (how can you atone for selling missiles and other weapons to Iran & the Ayatollah Khomeini, then just forgetting to tell the country about it? When Dubya talked about restoring "integrity" to the white house, I thought that was what he was talking about. But alas, apparently where Bill Clinton puts his willy is a bigger issue than that.)

Oh, I wanted to add some of my favorite Bush quotes. He may not be of lower intelligence per say, but quotes such as these aren't exactly presidential material:

"But the true threats to stability and peace are these nations that are not very transparent, that hide behind the—that don't let people in to take a look and see what they're up to. They're very kind of authoritarian regimes. The true threat is whether or not one of these people decide, peak of anger, try to hold us hostage, ourselves; the Israelis, for example, to whom we'll defend, offer our defenses; the South Koreans."

"Drug therapies are replacing a lot of medicines as we used to know it."

"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."

"I think we can agree, the past is over."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"I have learned from mistakes I may or may not have made."

Now, if this man gets reelected, I will be beside myself. Anyone else got any good Bush quotes?

Well theres that book, the Bushy Dislexicon but I dont want TWT to come after me in a hot air balloon.