Pearl Harbor

Tools    

Has anyone read a review of this thing yet? is it any good?
How many times do they show the ragedy american flag floatin in the water? will there be shots of japanese pilots holdin up there email adress at the windows? Will Ben afleck die of his woonds as he looks up at kate beckinsdales honeydews? I bet it makes a billion dolars.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
the reviews have been good and bad but uh ... I say bad.

This was the crappiest script EVER. the cinematography was very good (scratch the fuzzy haze over the Pearl Harbor hospital shots after the bombing) but anytime anyone ever opened their mouth I either snorted in derision or laughed in disbelief at the cheesiness. Just about EVERY spoken like in this movie is a premeditated speech - normal human beings do not speak that way. It's as if everything was sealed and packaged to be meaningful and moving, so much so that it was loaded with cliche's and dignified, over-invested dialogue.

Not even Alec Baldwin could save it. He's got that gruff, sexy voice and makes everything sound like there's going to be an impending disaster (if the mood is right) but there's just no forgiving the lines he shells out -- "we'll make them believe!" (demoralized Americans) and while I can forgive the quoted speeches of the President, I can't forgive the language supposedly exchanged in private - "So our boys are flying blind with no fuel. God help them all." Delivered deadpan with soaring music with a staged shot it's too much. EVERY SCENE is like that! too much man. Disney needs to stay away from the war movies. they disneyfied it so much it was pathetic. there's a difference between recapturing another, more innocent time, and dang near making a parody of it without even trying.

COME ON!! even the people who put the trailer together knew it was crap - notice there isn't one spoken word, just music and images!

I haven't seen it yet though I have heard good and bad reviews. I am not seeing it at the movies. I am waiting for DVD so I can watch casually, fast forward any crappy parts, go to the bathroom when I want and etc. To me, everything else is worth seeing.