Anyone know any game publishers?

Tools    

It’s not really my field, but a friend developed a gaming startup. Can explain what it is if need be, but for now I’m helping him find some contacts of video game publishers in the UK or US. Grateful for any thoughts on where I could find any or any contacts.

Long shot to ask here, honestly. Also, at this point it seems like this is basically never how someone gets a game made. They either get hired by a gaming company and work up from within, or they just make and sell the game themselves, given how viable that is now.

If he's looking to "pitch" an idea to a publisher or something, I don't think that's how it really works.

Long shot to ask here, honestly. Also, at this point it seems like this is basically never how someone gets a game made. They either get hired by a gaming company and work up from within, or they just make and sell the game themselves, given how viable that is now.

If he's looking to "pitch" an idea to a publisher or something, I don't think that's how it really works.
This is very helpful, thank you.

Account terminated on request
This is very helpful, thank you.
Doesn't hurt though. It'll all be a learning process for him over time (what to do, what to not do, whom to talk to, etc.).
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.