I'm having trouble finding good movies from this decade

Tools    

Di je Karlo?
Since my 2000s marathon ended, I've been trying to find some great movies from the 2010s. This is how it's going so far:

-I love How to Train Your Dragon, though that's mostly for personal reasons

-Scott Pilgrim vs. The World was a great time

-I liked Rise and Dawn of the planet of the Apes, but they didn't really blow me away. War was so-so.

-I have no idea what to make of Birdman. I might end up loving it later on, who knows.

-The new Mad Max really didn't do ir for me. The same goes for the Star Wars, disney and Pixar movies.

-Spidey Homecoming was probably my favourite superhero movie since 2008. I'm thinking of giving MCU as a whole another shot.

-I've seen all of the Christopher Nolan and Quentin Tarantino movies. I liked them for the most part. Not much more to say here.

-Stuff like Her or Moonlight doesn't catch my interest that much

So in brief, nothing really wowed me in the same sense as Fight Club or E.T. or whatever. Do you have anything to recommend?

Edit: I've also seen the Lego movie. It was good, but it's not the second coming of Christ like some people make it out to be

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Social Network
The Intouchables
Whiplash
Zootopia
No Country For Old Men
There Will Be Blood
Prisoners
Grand Budapest Hotel
Arrival
Black Swan
Nightcrawler
About Time
Big Hero 6
Wreck it Ralph
The Lego Movie
Ex Machina
Hell or High Water
The Raid
The Conjuring
Sing Street

Suspect's Reviews

If you're into sci-fi, I recommend "Passengers," "About Time," "The Martian" or "Gravity," though the latter two could be called dramas set in outerspace rather than sci-fi. I think "The Cobbler," with Adam Sandler, is under-rated and could have been an episode of "The Twilight Zone."
Have you seen "Sing"? I thought it was pretty fun.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Just look at the films in his top 10. I don't think he's the right audience for Bela Tarr. :P
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

“I was cured, all right!”
Just look at the films in his top 10. I don't think he's the right audience for Bela Tarr. :P
So this is a good opportunity for him to expand his vision of cinema!

He also said: -Scott Pilgrim vs. The World was a great time. That film stinks (in my opinion of course). Who know he search something different with our recommendations and maybe he like some of them.

Since my 2000s marathon ended, I've been trying to find some great movies from the 2010s. This is how it's going so far:

-I liked Rise and Dawn of the planet of the Apes, but they didn't really blow me away. War was so-so.

-I have no idea what to make of Birdman. I might end up loving it later on, who knows.

-The new Mad Max really didn't do ir for me. The same goes for the Star Wars, disney and Pixar movies.

-Spidey Homecoming was probably my favourite superhero movie since 2008. I'm thinking of giving MCU as a whole another shot.

-I've seen all of the Christopher Nolan and Quentin Tarantino movies. I liked them for the most part. Not much more to say here.

So in brief, nothing really wowed me in the same sense as Fight Club or E.T. or whatever. Do you have anything to recommend?

Edit: I've also seen the Lego movie. It was good, but it's not the second coming of Christ like some people make it out to be
I noticed that you only mentioned American productions. With all due respect: Of course you will have a hard time finding good movies. Hollywood is in an absurd decay! Just expand your horizon and you will find lot's of great movies from whatever genre you like.

-The new Mad Max really didn't do ir for me.
Nor me.

Do you have anything to recommend?
If 2010 still counts then Monsters . I really like that. From the same year: Troll Hunter, Tron: Legacy and Certified Copy.

Carol (2015)
Entity (2012)
Dredd (2012)
The Thing (2011)
The Equalizer (2014)
Take Shelter (2011)
Riddick (2013)
Under the Skin (2013)
X-Men: First Class (2011)

Some great movies already mentioned ^^

Blade Runner 2049 is another to add to these.

Life (Ryan Reynolds) is a decent Alien wannabe.

The new IT movie based on Stephen King's novel was, well, ok.
SeeingIsBelieving mentioned Dredd... great movie.

Gotta say though, TheUsualSuspect mentioned Ex_Machina.
Best film of the 2010s so far by a long way, give it a go.

Life (Ryan Reynolds) is a decent Alien wannabe.
Yeah I quite fancied seeing that. Just to see if the influences cast too long a shadow for it to outrun.

SeeingIsBelieving mentioned Dredd... great movie.
Dredd 's so cinematic on top of the expected action. That really took me by surprise at the time.

I'd certainly watch Life tbh, SIB... it draws upon a lot of classics, and it does throw a few new things into the mix as well. Enough so it's worth a watch more than once tbh.

But yeah, Dredd is such a perfect blend of cinema and action.
Quotable too and packed with memorable scenes.

Di je Karlo?

I noticed that you only mentioned American productions. With all due respect: Of course you will have a hard time finding good movies. Hollywood is in an absurd decay! Just expand your horizon and you will find lot's of great movies from whatever genre you like.
If you got any good non-hollywood movie to recommend, please do. I haven't been that interested in films for long so I don't know how to find good non-mainstream movies.

If you got any good non-hollywood movie to recommend, please do. I haven't been that interested in films for long so I don't know how to find good non-mainstream movies.

Elle (2016)
The Mermaid (2016)

Di je Karlo?

Elle (2016)
The Mermaid (2016)
Thanks

I already did it:
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...62#post1896462

The truth is in here
Shutter Island
The Other Guys (Very funny Will Ferrell romp)
Kick-Ass
Toy Story 3
A Serbian Film (This film is not for everyone though )
The King's Speech
Hot Tub Time Machine
Megamind (Surprisingly good)
Super
The Ghost Writer (Chilling Polanski, great suspense)
Buried
Rubber (Absurd humor at its best)
Submarine
Hesher
Wild Target
Easy Money
My Name Is Khan
Welcome To The Rileys
Sound Of Noise (Unique Swedish comedy)
Dear Mr. Gacy
Sebbe (Emotionally riveting Swedish drama)
Crazy, Stupid, Love. (People are overrating it a little bit, but it's still good and one of the very few divorce movies that doesn't feel depressing)
Intouchables (Amazing. I guarantee you will love this one.)
Paul
Horrible Bosses
Limitless
Source Code (One of the best sci-fi movies from this decade, and in general)
Moneyball
50/50
Melancholia
Martha Marcy May Marlene
The Skin I Live In (Haunting, but very recommended)
Attack The Block
Hobo With A Shotgun
The Crown Jevels
Le Havre
The Invader (L'envahisseur) (Can be hard to track down, but definitely worth it if you do)
Guilty (Présumé coupable)
The Miscreants (Les mécréants)
The Cabin In The Woods
Moonrise Kingdom
The Perks Of Being A Wallflower)
Silver Living's Playbook
Lincoln
Flight (Denzel Washington is brilliant in this movie)
Ted
Argo
The Hunt
The Woman In Black
Ruby Sparks
Cockneys Vs. Zombies (Witty British comedy with Alan Ford at his best)
Smashed
Wadjda
The Orheim Company
Of Snails And Men (Romanian comedy)
Shoping-tur (Russian horror comedy. It's awesome!)
Letter To Dad (Pismo caci)
The Wolf Of Wall Street
The Conjuring
This Is The End
Gravity
The Heat
Locke
Enemy
Captain Phillips
Warm Bodies
The Butler
Mandela: Long Way To Freedom
The Double
Bad Words
Tom At The Farm
R100
The Reunion (Återträffen) (Swedish self-perspective drama about a very real and overlooked problem)
Class Enemy
Stand Clear Of The Closing Doors
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Gone Girl
The Grand Budapest Hotel
X-Men: Days Of Future Past
Nightcrawler
The Theory Of Everything (Stephen Hawking himself approved of it!)
The Babadook
The Interview
The Voices
Maps To The Stars
Turist
The Skeleton Twins
They Have Escaped
Manglehorn (Lowkey touching drama starring Al Pacino)
The Revenant
The Lobster
Straight Outta Compton
Spy
In The Heart Of The Sea
Carol (I know it's already been mentioned, but I really can't recommend it enough)
Danny Collins
A Man Called Ove
Maggie
Floride (A great character centred piece)
Split
Moonlight (Give it a chance, bud)
Hell Or High Water
Don't Breathe
The Conjuring 2
A Cure For Wellness
The Light Between Oceans
Lost In Paris
Aloys
Amok (Dzgan) (This is a VERY disturbing movie. Not only because of its violence, but also how it depicts a broken city and people who are lost in themselves. But it's incredibly wellmade.)
Knife In The Clear Water
Yarden
Poppy Goes To Hollywood
In Front Of Others
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2
Molly's Game
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Baby Driver
The Disaster Artist
The Killing Of A Sacred Deer
Borg (Known in the US as Borg/McEnroe)
Thelma (Chilling, beautiful and sad all at once. It also has one of the weirdest and most powerful love stories ever put to film.)
Loving Vincent
Downrange (This is a great one-location thriller)
The Other Side Of Hope
Darkland
Apostasy (Hardhitting social commentary on the consequences of joining Jehovah's Witnesses)
Liyana
Dragon Eyes
Once Upon A Time In November (Realistic with a tragic side to Poland I never knew about before)
Distant Constellation
The Book Of Birdie
Ted - Show Me Love (I have the deepest respects for not only Ted, but his brother Kenneth as well. This movie really brought me to tears.)

That enough?