Anyone else here not like Pulp Fiction?

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
I can't stand Pulp Fiction. The movie isn't that good, the dialogue is boring and overall it is way too hammy. It doesn't have much of a plot and it emphasizes style way too much over substance.

Also, Natural Born Killers, which is a much better movie with a much better director came out the same year, but nobody paid any attention to it because they were all fawning over Pulp Fiction. That was really annoying. The editing, the cinematography, the directing and the acting were all so much better in Natural Born Killers. It also had a plot, a message and cohesion.

I consider Pulp Fiction the (early) Justin Beiber of movies; lots of acolytes fawning over the new pretty boy on the block, coos and cries and screams of how gorgeous it was, but nobody saw just how shallow and devoid of any substance it was. It was just "fresh, new and different", so it had to be good, yeah?

Sorry, but when it comes to Pulp Fiction, The Emperor has no clothes.

P.S. Yes, I know that the original story for Natural Born Killers (the original screenplay) was written by Quentin Tarantino. That just goes to show how important proper vision via direction and re-writes of a screenplay is to a story.
It's one thing not to like Pulp Fiction, but I find these particular complaints curious since they sound far more applicable to a cinematic garbage fire like Natural Born Killers (this was my review - spoiler alert, it's even more style-over-substance than Pulp Fiction could ever hope to be and the way that it delivers its message sucks) - it's just a Gen-X version of Bonnie and Clyde, while Pulp Fiction at least manages to mix and match its influences into something that's a crime-genre novelty at worst and a genuinely deserving classic at best.

Like, fair enough if you don't like it, but if Pulp Fiction is the Justin Bieber of movies then Natural Born Killers is the BrokeNCYDE.

It's one thing not to like Pulp Fiction, but I find these particular complaints curious since they sound far more applicable to a cinematic garbage fire like Natural Born Killers (this was my review - spoiler alert, it's even more style-over-substance than Pulp Fiction could ever hope to be and the way that it delivers its message sucks) - it's just a Gen-X version of Bonnie and Clyde, while Pulp Fiction at least manages to mix and match its influences into something that's a crime-genre novelty at worst and a genuinely deserving classic at best.

Like, fair enough if you don't like it, but if Pulp Fiction is the Justin Bieber of movies then Natural Born Killers is the BrokeNCYDE.
"BrokeNCYDE" O.k... I have no idea what this is. LOL!

Natural Born Killers had the message that the media was toxic and that it created sensationalism for the sake of ratings based on sensationalism. That the media was the bad guy and that it would take advantage of all wherever it could.

What message does Pulp Fiction have?

I can't stand Pulp Fiction. The movie isn't that good, the dialogue is boring and overall it is way too hammy. It doesn't have much of a plot and it emphasizes style way too much over substance.

Also, Natural Born Killers, which is a much better movie with a much better director came out the same year, but nobody paid any attention to it because they were all fawning over Pulp Fiction. That was really annoying. The editing, the cinematography, the directing and the acting were all so much better in Natural Born Killers. It also had a plot, a message and cohesion.

I consider Pulp Fiction the (early) Justin Beiber of movies; lots of acolytes fawning over the new pretty boy on the block, coos and cries and screams of how gorgeous it was, but nobody saw just how shallow and devoid of any substance it was. It was just "fresh, new and different", so it had to be good, yeah?

Sorry, but when it comes to Pulp Fiction, The Emperor has no clothes.

P.S. Yes, I know that the original story for Natural Born Killers (the original screenplay) was written by Quentin Tarantino. That just goes to show how important proper vision via direction and re-writes of a screenplay is to a story.
Nobody paid any attention to NBK?

Someone got a bunch of sour grapes.

Reservoir Dogs even which is by far my fave Tarantino.
Probably my fav Tarantino, too.

Nobody paid any attention to NBK?

Someone got a bunch of sour grapes.
I will be 50 this year. Everybody that year was "Pulp Fiction, Pulp Fiction, Pulp Fiction, Pulp Fiction, Pulp Fiction, Pulp Fiction, Pulp Fiction". I had to drag friends to see Natural Born Killers. You had Mozart (Natural Born Killers) and Antonio Salieri (Pulp Fiction) playing at the same time and all anybody cared about was Salieri. It was infuriating.

I will be 50 this year. Everybody that year was "Pulp Fiction, Pulp Fiction, Pulp Fiction, Pulp Fiction, Pulp Fiction, Pulp Fiction, Pulp Fiction". I had to drag friends to see Natural Born Killers. You had Mozart (Natural Born Killers) and Antonio Salieri (Pulp Fiction) playing at the same time and all anybody cared about was Salieri. It was infuriating.
Maybe where you live. But where I lived at the time, everyone went nuts for NBK. You spoke for the planet. I'm saying your impression may be wrong.

Also, Salieri is allowed to have fans. Otherwise the world would only worship virtuosos, and they don't.

Maybe where you live. But where I lived at the time, everyone went nuts for NBK. You spoke for the planet. I'm saying your impression may be wrong.

Also, Salieri is allowed to have fans. Otherwise the world would only worship virtuosos, and they don't.
LOL! Good points. Touche.

Although, I have never met somebody who has claimed to be a fan of Salieri.

LOL! Good points. Touche.

Although, I have never met somebody who has claimed to be a fan of Salieri.

Once people realise it's kool and kvlt to be into Salieri, he'll be all the rage. Pardon the pun...

Welcome to the human race...
I understood that that's what the message was supposed to be, but that doesn't mean that I think that the film itself did a good job of exploring it - after all, isn't the film itself arguably guilty of the same thing for making iconic anti-heroes out of a pair of serial killers and *SPOILERS*giving them a happily-ever-after ending? It's almost like it's asking to be torn apart over its inconsistency in this regard. As for whether or not Pulp Fiction has a message, it's probably something even simpler like "crime doesn't pay", but at least that simplicity means it can't trip itself up with vacuous hypocrisy like NBK does. What matters is the execution, especially the introduction of redemption as a theme where characters go through various hellish situations in the course of living lives of crime and can either take advantage of the second chances they receive to quit the life (Jules, Butch) or suffer the consequences of ignoring such chances (Vincent).

Also, this is BrokeNCYDE:

I understood that that's what the message was supposed to be, but that doesn't mean that I think that the film itself did a good job of exploring it - after all, isn't the film itself arguably guilty of the same thing for making iconic anti-heroes out of a pair of serial killers and *SPOILERS*giving them a happily-ever-after ending? It's almost like it's asking to be torn apart over its inconsistency in this regard. As for whether or not Pulp Fiction has a message, it's probably something even simpler like "crime doesn't pay", but at least that simplicity means it can't trip itself up with vacuous hypocrisy like NBK does. What matters is the execution, especially the introduction of redemption as a theme where characters go through various hellish situations in the course of living lives of crime and can either take advantage of the second chances they receive to quit the life (Jules, Butch) or suffer the consequences of ignoring such chances (Vincent).

Also, this is BrokeNCYDE:

LOL! What a video. If I was high, that might have been good. LOL!

Thanks for the education. I still think that you are wrong on Pulp Fiction, but it is just my opinion. However, in the spirit of a movies forum, let the debate continue.

(By the way, if you want bad music videos, I can provide some. )

Same here. NBK for sure didn't go unnoticed. If I remember correctly it probably had more media coverage in Finland than Pulp Fiction did (good portion of it was gasping at how immoral and dangerous it was). I was in the army at the time so I couldn't follow movie and music scene as closely as I usually did though.

A system of cells interlinked
What fresh hell is this?

Natural Born Killers better than Pulp Fiction?

Absurd!

I’ve seen Pulp Fiction a million times. Tarantino made nothing better except for Reservoir Dogs.

What fresh hell is this?

Natural Born Killers better than Pulp Fiction?

Absurd!
Goodfellas > Pulp Fiction

I liked Pulp Fiction a lot because it's very funny: "my friends know how to use drugs", "I will get medieval on your *ss" and stuff like that is really cool. Although I didn't include it in my top 100 movies list I made recently so I regard it as a good movie and therefore not among my top movies ever.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Probably gonna get crucified for this but I found the film not terrible but mostly boring. .
Not from me, young Mr Tago Magoo. Such a cool call name.

I was not impressed. Mayabe I need a rewatxh while high on my drugs.

Quentin does seem to be a little obsessed with male-on-male rape, which is odd to me.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I'd say Pulp Fiction is better than NBK, but I still think NBK is good, it just goes downhill somewhat in the third act by comparison to PF for me.

And how is Quentin obsessed with male-on-male rape, since he only had one movie that depicted it, unless he depicted it in other movies as well?