Do you agree that the 90s was the best era of action movies?

Tools    

Since i started to wake up on the world around me at the age of 9 or 10,back in 1994 and 1995 was when i started watching movies? And on top of my head i remember some of the best action movies i startedto watch, from point break to die hard 2, from bad boys to con air, from face off to broken arrow, speed, heat, blown away, and many more,man these movies gave the meaning of what action movies were really about.
Today it just feels like action movies are just mainstream and not given the proper care, from production to the actual actors, maybe because all of these stars from the 90s grew old, not to mention bruce willis tired face in his latest movies, many of these stars are not what they used to be.
Those great directors giving us the movies i mentioned and more, i liked the expendables movies it felt like there is still life when u make a throwback film.
I would like to mention that maybe the series are getting high on the curve and its movie business on the downside now, but it just hurts my eyes to see actors i ve never seen or known before getting roles in the best series, but now i think i m fading from the main subject.
Do you think the 90s was best era in action movies, and do u think any of the rising stars can make the revival of the action movies genre?

I wouldn t bet against your opinion because simply i rate the 80s as high aswell, but i referred to the 90s as i felt the 90s movies where less cheesy than some of the 80s action one man army stuff., but yes great movies the one u mentioned

I have to go with the 80's

Die Hard, Aliens, RoboCop, Terminator, Raiders of the Lost Ark, First Blood, Commando, etc.
Yep. The Killer, Road Warrior, Predator, 8-Diagram Pole Fighter, Five Element Ninjas

My fav is from the 90s though - T2.

No, infact I consider it to be one of the worst as a whole. For every good action film there was a voluminous sea of vapid shovelware tilting the scale and saturating the market. The mid- (to late) 90's were especially horrendous. IMO

I've seen my fair share of good 90s action films, namely The Last of the Mohicans, Heat, The Rock (probably the only Michael Bay film I particularly like) and Air Force One. The 80s are better.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
The Marvel Universe alone, puts every previous decade to shame. Throw in the decent DC and Transformers movies and there is no comparison in quality, budgets, earnings, star power, character development, technology, special effects, etc. All other action movies are just garnish.

No, infact I consider it to be one of the worst as a whole. For every good action film there was a voluminous sea of vapid shovelware tilting the scale and saturating the market. The mid- (to late) 90's were especially horrendous. IMO
Two words, Brian Bosworth.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I have to go with the 80's

Die Hard, Aliens, RoboCop, Terminator, Raiders of the Lost Ark, First Blood, Commando, etc.
Conspicuous by its absence.

The 90s were amazing but yeah I have to say the 80s was best for action movies. The Killer is my favorite action movie, and on top of what has been mentioned throw in stuff like Escape From New York and Predator as well.

Con Air (1997), Die Hard 2 (1990), The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996), The Fugitive (1993), Nikita (1990), Cliffhanger (1993), Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991), Demolition Man (1993).

Yes, 90's action was good, but 2010's will be better by the time it concludes.