Of your top 10 movies, choose one that can be remade

Tools    

Death by butterflies
Each of us has listed on our profiles our personal favorites in film.

Remakes happening to your favorites is generally seen as taboo by fans; so if you had to choose one from the movies on your favorites list, which one would it be?

From my list, I could see an updated version of Little Shop of Horrors. Since it in itself is an interpretation of the play, it lends itself for a potential re-interpretation.

How about it? Could you stomach seeing one of your favorites get the remake treatment? If so, which one?

Interesting thread. Uhhhmmm... Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

none of them.... but Requiem For A Dream is the closest.

I have to return some videotapes...
Rosemary's Baby, it's the most accessible for audiences in the way of story and since the plot has kind of been replicated since then I wouldn't mind seeing it again. I also think if you changed a couple things the remake could make itself fresh, unlike others (Point Break).

To answer the question, none of them from my top ten. I'm not someone dead set against remakes but i just don't think any of mine would work and they are certainly not needed. If there hadn't been The Exocist sequels/prequels and other exorcism movies i would have probably have said that. None of them are close though IMO, although i do really love The Exorcist III but that is quite a bit different.

I think all of Camo's top 10 deserve remakes

I mean, they're remaking movies from only 5 or 10 years ago already... Taxi Driver, Godfather, Arabia and Eraserhead should at least be on their 14th or 15th iteration by now.

none of them.... but Requiem For A Dream is the closest.
i think the cast is part of what makes it so great,esp ellen burstyn so i think i would find a remake difficult.

as ive said in different posts i only want remakes of something where i can see an improvement happening.wether it be the cast-filming-editing or tweaks in the storyline.

for the top 10 i have right now theres actually a few:

irreversible- i thought it went too far trying to be shocking,the storyline of alex was already shocking enough without the whole tranny bar thing.

the cell- I love the setting and the scenery-ilove the look and feel of the movie but theres definitely room for some improvement *cough* vince vaughn *cough*

el crime del padre amaro-has a great storyline and great cast,but i think it could have gone further showing the love between them,the struggles of being together or not being together for that matter.not crazy about all of the characters in the movie either-some of them should have been left out and some of them need some work.

3 of my top 10 already have been remade... RoboCop, and the other 2 (The Thing and Predator) were marketed as prequels and sequels, but were really more cheapo remakes than anything.
2 of my top 10, The Thing and The Fly, are foolishly called remakes in their own right as well. But they're not.

Roger Rabbit might do good if it was redone, but I'd class it as like The Thing and The Fly, the new movie wouldn't be a remake... it would simply be based on the same book as the first movies.

I watched The Thing From Another World last month and yeah it isn't a remake. Well Carpenter's The Thing isn't a remake i mean. I thought it was alright but the 80's one is one of my favourite Horror films.

Thinking on it, though I'd hate to lose the performances in Ink, I have to admit it'd benefit most from a remake.

I'd only watch a Taxi Driver remake if Shaquille O'Neal was cast as Iris.
That would be a far more entertaining movie.

was this any good?
Not seen it. I wanted to but just forgot or whatever. When i posted that i looked at the reception part and it seemed to have gotten bad reviews. Mostly because it was full of gore which is obviously the complete opposite of the original.

Well, it's based on Campbell's book.

Calling The Thing and The Fly remakes, is like calling LOTR a remake of the 1978 cartoon, or Man Of Steel a remake of the George Reeves Superman show.
If they're based on books, they ain't remakes

The only one of my top ten films that I could feasibly see being remade is Falling in Love.