Heath Ledgers Joker, Tom Hardy's Bane, or Neeson's Ra's al Ghul?

Tools    

Okay looked for a thread didn't see one, so hopefully im not stepping on anyone's toes here. Which of these specific villains was your favorite, and which one do you feel was portrayed best in line the way they were meant to actually be like?

All 3 of them were done right tbh.
Ra's al Ghul and Joker were perfectly portrayed... Ledger was stunning in the role, if a little less, well, comic. He was more darkly comic, which suited the tone of the movie and the Nolanverse.

My favourite is Bane though... it's the role that got me interested in Tom Hardy as an actor.
Bane is badass, and was written and portrayed absolutely perfectly.
Wasn't keen on his ending though, I felt he needed something a bit more dramatic than Catwoman on the Bat Pod appearing out of nowhere.

All 3 of them were done right tbh.
Ra's al Ghul and Joker were perfectly portrayed... Ledger was stunning in the role, if a little less, well, comic. He was more darkly comic, which suited the tone of the movie and the Nolanverse.

My favourite is Bane though... it's the role that got me interested in Tom Hardy as an actor.
Bane is badass, and was written and portrayed absolutely perfectly.
Wasn't keen on his ending though, I felt he needed something a bit more dramatic than Catwoman on the Bat Pod appearing out of nowhere.
Wow, I was pissed at how they killed him too. I have to give it to Ledger though. I would never believed he could of portrayed such a dark and twisted character as that version of the joker. I believe his version of the Joker will be the best ever. Did you know that Heath ledger directed most of the violent scenes in that movie. In the interrogation scene he actually told christian bale to hit him for real as hard as he could so that his reaction would be more realistic. Hats off to him, and RIP.

Yeah Ledger was given basically free reign with the role.
It was a case of "Here's the script, keep to the story, but knock yourself out".

You hear about him locking himself in a hotel room with the script for months? Doing nothing but reading and rehearsing the script till he found some inner darkness and sadistic humour. He basically drove himself to madness on purpose so he could do the character justice.

That's commitment.

Yeah Ledger was given basically free reign with the role.
It was a case of "Here's the script, keep to the story, but knock yourself out".

You hear about him locking himself in a hotel room with the script for months? Doing nothing but reading and rehearsing the script till he found some inner darkness and sadistic humour. He basically drove himself to madness on purpose so he could do the character justice.

That's commitment.
No, I did not know that. I wonder why this role made him go overboard? I mean I understand the role is a very dark one, but what pushed him to go so far?

I think he was suffering with mental health issues, and the role probably gave him an outlet for it. He went so far into it though I don't think there was much chance of an exit tbh.

I think he was suffering with mental health issues, and the role probably gave him an outlet for it. He went so far into it though I don't think there was much chance of an exit tbh.
very sad. did you ever see what christian bale looked like in the machinist? Its unreal, and super unhealthy. I did low level MMA, and just to cut weight for fights was hell. I cant imagine what his body was going through.

Ledger's own words about why he threw himself into a role so deeply... "Some people find their shtick. I never figured out who 'Heath Ledger' is on film: 'This is what you expect when you hire me, and it will be recognizable'... People always feel compelled to sum you up, to presume that they have you and can describe you. That's fine. But there are so many stories inside of me and a lot I want to achieve outside of one flat note."

Ledger's own words about why he threw himself into a role so deeply... "Some people find their shtick. I never figured out who 'Heath Ledger' is on film: 'This is what you expect when you hire me, and it will be recognizable'... People always feel compelled to sum you up, to presume that they have you and can describe you. That's fine. But there are so many stories inside of me and a lot I want to achieve outside of one flat note."
That makes sense, lots of actors get pegged for certain roles in certain movies for most of their careers. Maybe he wanted the world to know he could do different roles, But never in a million years would I think Heath Ledger would of even been considered for the part, and even more I would of never expected that performance to be so sinister, dark, and twisted as he made it.

on topic, but a little goofy.

Obviously, Heath Ledger's Joker is absolutely amazing and it's one of the best performance I've ever seen in my life.

Bane and Ras al ghul were both very nice tho but not near Heath Ledger's Joker imo.

Okay looked for a thread didn't see one, so hopefully im not stepping on anyone's toes here. Which of these specific villains was your favorite, and which one do you feel was portrayed best in line the way they were meant to actually be like?
I can't judge this based on the comics as I've no experience of them but Heath Ledger's Joker is my favourite. Tom Hardy's Bane is a very close second.

I can't judge this based on the comics as I've no experience of them but Heath Ledger's Joker is my favourite. Tom Hardy's Bane is a very close second.
yes im of the same mindset on this topic, even though im more of a bane fan, the joker performance by ledger will be the best ever, no matter how the try to improve it.

In my opinion, they're all great villains.

I personally liked the fact that they got Bane right, for once; instead of a meathead, Tom Hardy's Bane is unstoppable and intelligent.

All were great, but Heath Ledgers Joker....there was something special with that performance. He literally reinvented The Joker. It was so good as a portrayal he was better than the best interpretations The Joker even had in comics, and yes that includes The Killing Joke.

Well, it's not clear how much of the plots are him and what part is but the parts we do see display him as extremely intelligent, such as the opening scene when he captures Dr. Pavel, as well as knowledge of psychological torture and a working knowledge of nuclear physics "Five, by my calculations."

Ledger, easily. I don't even think the most ardent of contrarians could put forth a compelling counter-argument on that one. He completely outshined Aaron Eckhart's performance which was also fantastic.