Favorite Peter Jackson Film

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
What is your favorite Peter Jackson Film?

For the sake of being original I'll say The Frighteners. (Its either that or Lord of the Rings, and while LOTR is huge, popular, and appreciated, Frighteners is hugely underappreciated, and not viewed as much as it should be).

Prince Of All Saiyans
Yeah, gotta dig Jeffrey Combs in that Hitler-like makeup, LOL

But for me, it's a toss between the absolute black humor of Meet The Feebles and the totally heartbreaking Heavenly Creatures, which left me very upset during the last scene in the film (and anyone who has seen it KNOWS it's heartbreaking.)

But noone can deny the epic sprawl of the LOTR series. Love him or hate him, Peter Jackson has come a VERY long way, and it's sometimes hard to believe the creator of Meet The Feebles made 2 out of 3 LOTR films, and so rich and beautiful at that...my ultimate answer, well ALL of his films are cool!

Lookie HERE.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Get off my island
Holden's memory for year old posts kinda disturbs me

But I would have to say Heavenly Creatures, closely followed by Two Towers

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Bah screw peter jackson and lotr, give me a Clash of the Titans or Conan the Barbarian anyday

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I love Bad Taste and Brain Dead, i've seen Bad Taste on dvd for sale here in Australia which I'll definately have to get......but in the end you cant go past The Lord of the Rings trilogy

Get off my island
Originally posted by iluv2viddyfilms
Bah screw peter jackson and lotr, give me a Clash of the Titans or Conan the Barbarian anyday
lol I hope you are kidding

BANNED
I have to honestly say i never heard of PJ before LOTR and LOTR2

peter jackson is a brand of cigarettes over here :-)

As much as I love his LOTR, I have to say that I think Dead Alive is his most fun film.

I tend to respect his films more than I like them, I've seen the LOTR trilogy, King Kong, and Heavenly Creatures, I didn't find any of them memorable.

I am the Watcher in the Night
The Two Towers is the best of the LOTR trilogy and Jackson's best work but The Lovely Bones was simply beautiful. A dark story told with real heart and it showcased Jackson's skill of crafting a story in conjunction with special effects. May be the likes of George Lucas could learn a thing or two about how to use CGI from Jackson. I have yet to see Heavenly Creatures.

The Frighteners is definitely worth a mention but his earlier work was crude.

Dead/Alive

Dead Alive ranks a close second. It's funny, because it's one of those movies that I didn't fully appreciate the first time I watched it, but it gets better and better the more times I see it, and the custard scene from that movie (as well as the alien vomit from Bad Taste) grosses me out every time.
I've enjoyed every film of his that I've seen so far. The only ones I haven't watched yet are Heavenly Creatures and Meet the Feebles. I saw the trailer for Meet the Feebles and it just looked stupid, but I do want to watch Heavenly Creatures.