Scariest non-horror film character from your childhood?

Tools    

What I mean is, a character from a non-horror film that scared the living f*ck out of you when you were a young child? For me, Forte from Beauty and the Beast Enchanted Christmas. This is the only character in any medium that literally terrified me. His tall, metallic and creepy design made me ran out of my living room crying my eyes out when I was 5 years old and it still kinda creeps me out now at the age of 17. The film has aged like milk but Forte still has the creepy factor to him (some what)
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Forte_Glares.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	18247  

What I mean is, a character from a non-horror film that scared the living f*ck out of you when you were a young child? For me, Forte from Beauty and the Beast Enchanted Christmas. This is the only character in any medium that literally terrified me. His tall, metallic and creepy design made me ran out of my living room crying my eyes out when I was 5 years old and it still kinda creeps me out now at the age of 17. The film has aged like milk but Forte still has the creepy factor to him (some what)
Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket was pretty disturbing

In fact that scene where he snapped from his mental illness and murdered the Sarge is one of the scariest scenes for me in films I've seen - definitely outranks a lot of horror films in terms of scare factor.

No love for Margaret Hamilton in The Wizard of Oz? Another one I only thought of because he was just mentioned on one of my Oscar threads but definitely deserves mention here is Alan Arkin as Harry Roat Jr. in Wait Until Dark. And don't laugh, but I also have to give a shout-out to Robert Helpmann as the Child Catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang...that guy was scary...so was Laurence Olivier as Szell in Marathon Man.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
No love for Margaret Hamilton in The Wizard of Oz? Another one I only thought of because he was just mentioned on one of my Oscar threads but definitely deserves mention here is Alan Arkin as Harry Roat Jr. in Wait Until Dark. And don't laugh, but I also have to give a shout-out to Robert Helpmann as the Child Catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang...that guy was scary...so was Laurence Olivier as Szell in Marathon Man.

Margaret Hamilton as "The Wicked Witch" was scary in The Wizard of Oz, but not as scary as the Flying Monkeys.

Alan Arkin as Harry Roat in Wait Until Dark would definitely make my list of scariest characters, but I wasn't a child when I first saw the movie, and the title of the thread says "from your childhood".

Robert Helpmann as the Child Catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is another character that scared me as a child. In fact, he stills scares me as an adult.

Margaret Hamilton as "The Wicked Witch" was scary in The Wizard of Oz, but not as scary as the Flying Monkeys.

Alan Arkin as Harry Roat in Wait Until Dark would definitely make my list of scariest characters, but I wasn't a child when I first saw the movie, and the title of the thread says "from your childhood".

Robert Helpmann as the Child Catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is another character that scared me as a child. In fact, he stills scares me as an adult.
I was 9 years old when Wait Until Dark hit the theaters.

I was between 1 and 9 years old when Wait Until Dark was released. But never saw it until last year.

On the DVD extras Alan Arkin said his role was very difficult for him to do, as he had to be wickedly seditious to Audrey Hepburn. According to him, Audrey was the sweetest, dearest person in real life and he had to terrorize her.

It's an underrated movie, because of the performances by Arkin and Hepburn.

E.T. and Santa from Christmas Story
Fire walk with me.

As an adult (many years ago) I simply couldn't watch the end of Full Metal Jacket after Private Pyle shot himself. That first half of the movie was incredibly disturbing and it's the only movie as an adult that I have stopped watching because I was scared. At the age of 11 I saw Jaws 2 in a movie theatre in Nassau, Bahamas. Because of that, Bruce the shark would have to be my greatest childhood terror. You have to bear in mind that the Bahamas is known for numerous shark attacks so a lot of the patrons had been up close and personal with sharks before. Also, the audience was full of black people who really do share their movie experience and talk to the screen. Between the screams of the audience and the drama of the movie I was scared out of my mind when I left the theatre. It was a horrendous experience.

I was between 1 and 9 years old when Wait Until Dark was released. But never saw it until last year.

On the DVD extras Alan Arkin said his role was very difficult for him to do, as he had to be wickedly seditious to Audrey Hepburn. According to him, Audrey was the sweetest, dearest person in real life and he had to terrorize her.

It's an underrated movie, because of the performances by Arkin and Hepburn.
Yeah another poster said that Arkin said the reason he wasn't nominated is because you don't get nominated for being mean to Audrey Hepburn.

Judge Doom in 'toon' form - This guy freaked me out for nights after I first saw Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Freaked me out so much that I had trouble sleeping because I was seeing his face in my bedroom ceiling.

and the voice in parts, yikes!

Judge Doom in 'toon' form - This guy freaked me out for nights after I first saw Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Freaked me out so much that I had trouble sleeping because I was seeing his face in my bedroom ceiling.

^This.

Also probably Mola Ram, but he was scary cool.