Scream (Scream 2)
Alien (Aliens)
Predator (Original)
Phantasm (Phantasm II)
Evil Dead (Evil Dead II)
Child's Play (Child's Play 2)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Original)
Hellraiser (Original)
Final Destination (Original, all the others sucks˛)
Paranormal Activity (All of them sucks

A lot of the old Universal Horror and monster movies would be a good one for this. It's been so long since I last watched any and feel I can't fairly choose.

Blair Witch will be eligible with the surprise third movie out in a few weeks. I've seen the original and find it meh, never saw the second.
I believe Blair Witch is a direct sequel to The Blair Witch Project and completely ignores Blair Witch 2.

I've read that, how BW2 is completely ignored. Still, I always like to see all of the previously existing movies in a series before seeing the newest entry.

The new Blair Witch movie was okay I guess, nothing great though I did enjoy the final 20 or so minutes. I've not seen the second yet but between the first and this one, I probably liked this one a little more.

He posted on Facebook in response to a fan saying "Boo hoo" and to "suck his dead nuts"
Still, while Gunnar will always be remembered for being generous to his fans and portraying one of the most prolific and iconic roles in the history of horror, this prick will be a footnote at best in whatever he attempts.
https://www.facebook.com/19382094398...type=3&theater
How anyone can prefer the remake is beyond me, but holy hell that just makes it worse. Gunnar Hansen seemed like the coolest guy.

As someone who prefers the TCM remake even I got to admit it doesn't have the impact of the original and Gunnar was a true gentleman and class act in person unlike Andrew.

The conjuring1 over anabelle and conjuring 2 altho conjuring 2 has the mother of all jumpscares at the end lol

1. Halloween - 1978 Original
2. Scream - Original
3. Alien - Alien
4. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 1974 Original
5. Paranormal Activity - Paranormal Activity 3

The trailer for the new upcoming Resident Evil movie reminded me how behind I am on the films. I saw the first two and didn't much like either, hated how they deviated so much from the games. Never bothered with the subsequent movies.

My Best Horror Movie Series :
>> The Conjuring Series
>> The Final Destination

Ring 1,2,3
drag me to hell

Friday The 13th
Halloween
A Nightmare On Elm Street
Saw
Scream
Alien
Predator
Phantasm
Evil Dead
Child's Play
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Hellraiser
Final Destination
Paranormal Activity
Friday the 13th- Hard to really nail down just one, Part 4 was the best made production wise, good script, decent acting (compared to the rest of the series) But Part 6 is my personal fave just because some of the kills were creative as hell. and part 7 was where Jason looked his best(Worst) when he came up out of the lake at night with his shirt hanging off in tatters and you could see his spine and ribcage... hell yes.

Halloween - Because they sync up so perfectly, Halloween 1 & 2 will always be just one long assed film to me. so that's my pick, the rest of the franchise can be forgotten til H20.

A Nightmare on Elm Street - Definitely the 3rd, Dream Warriors, it was fun watching Freddy get his ass kicked soundly for a change.

Saw - Probably the first one, I only watched maybe the first 3, no idea where they are now, but the sequels seemed to be a lot of rehashing and it got old (Ironic considering most horror does that, but this just felt like watching the same thing over and over)

Scream - REALLY hard to call on this one as they were all really good as far as horror goes, but I'll give it to the original just for setting the pace.

Alien - This franchise is funny because the first one really was a straight up horror film while the second, my favorite, turned into Sci-Fi Action.

Predator - First one. the thought that Arnold as an in his prime mercenary could barely deal with one yet Danny Glovers old ass could go hand to hand with one was just laughable.

Phantasm - Never really got into it.

Evil Dead - Definitely the second one, with an honorary nod to the series which is just great.

Child's Play - Another one that just seemed to go downhill after the first one. basically turned into a gothic comedy.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - I forget which one it is, but they skinned a guys leg with an exacto knife and me and a buddy made an entire theater start throwing up making hurling noises and spilling our cokes on the floor. they literally stopped the film and cleared the theater because people were running out throwing up.

Hellraiser Definitely the first one.. the second was good but it started going crazy in short order.

Final Destination - The Second one, the first was good but spent a lot of time on set up, the second one hit the ground running.

Paranormal Activity - The first one. yet another series that just gets crazier with each installment.

The trailer for the new upcoming Resident Evil movie reminded me how behind I am on the films. I saw the first two and didn't much like either, hated how they deviated so much from the games. Never bothered with the subsequent movies.
I've had this conversation before, but they kind of HAD to deviate from the games, 90% of the games are puzzle solving, running back and forth to areas you've been to before collecting objects and clues to unlock new areas. that just wouldn't work in the films on any level.

for the first 2 they kind of worked with the games, Part 1 game was all about the mansion, RE1 the film was all about the area UNDER the mansion... RE2 the game was all about getting across Racoon city, same with the film, they just chopped out all the filler mucking around the police department for the majority of the game, AND they added elements from the RE3 game which was happening the same time as RE2, just from a different characters pespective. the Umbrella merc's arc pretty much mirrored the RE3 story.

Then the RE4 game went way wide leaving the T-Virus and zombies behind to adopt some sort of rage pathogen scenario, (Like 28 days later) so the films started doing their own thing.

But they still keep huge nods to the games, Umbrella, T-Virus, Zombies, Lickers, Nemesis, Mutated dogs, crows, Chris and Claire Redfield, Barry, Jill Valentine, Leon Kennedy, Wesker, the mansion, Racoon City, the getaway train, the helicopter crash (I'm sure there's more, but you get the point)