Words to replace Squittle

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Since squittel has since become the trademark word on another Movie site, we must think of a word to replace this. What are your suggestions??
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Flirt?

Well, first off, we'll want to define this new word, that we haven't invented yet. I suppose it's going to refer to any kind of flirting/goofy banter/chit-chat? If so, I'm stumped. It's quite hard to make words up intentionally...it just happens. "Squittle" evolved from "Squirrell Jumper," sort of on its own.

Now With Moveable Parts
I hate it. let's change it. it's not our word anyways...we need a new one.

Ok, back like when I was a freshman in high school(it's been a few years), a couple of guys had this little language they used. Most of the time it was hilarious because they weren't actual words, and I don't even think they understood it, but it was funny just watching them say stuff. One of the words was jibber.

So, here's a word for ya, Jibber.

'twas brillig and the slivy grobes did gyre and gimble in the wabe...
lewis carrol did it best.

sometimes it helps to look at the word/idea in another language....for an idea.......or look in the thesaurus......i looked at jabber/gabber and flirt.......possibilities from those are;

bandar-log (this is my pick)
magpie (like the crow family bird...verbal, squawking a lot, pushy)
pratter
wanton
dally
window shopping?

window shopping!? that's hilarious

I like bander-log and magpie.

Words from other languages are good and all as long as we use them for their correct meaning. If someone comes on here and we're using words from their language in the incorrect way, they'll just laugh and leave.

There were magpie's all over when i lived in Colorado....they're members of the crow and jay family....very loud, squawking - they let their presence be known and wouldn't let other birds alone.

i also thought of a seinfeld steal....yada yada....but that wouldn't be terribly unique.

i don't know where bandar-log comes from, but i like it even if it is a mouthful.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
real words:

banter
babble
prattle
gibberish

made up (application/word):

footle
fudder
fedaddle
ottle
racket
schnuckle
hoohaw
fittle
schmittel
iddle
wawa
magpaddle - stolen, alteration
bandering - stolen, alteration

and, on a follow-up ... seems rather ... don't be mad, but, much too much of an effort to actually want, let alone, go to the effort of finding a word just because it's "theirs." it's not "theirs." they were members of the board and made the word while in these very hallowed walls. it's just a word. we know what it means. it needn't have a bad connotation unless you let it. it seems in bad form to do this, really.

and changing the world will not change the fact that we do just the same as they do ... dilly dally on the boards talking about things that have nothing to do with the main topic of movies.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by thmilin

footle
fudder
fedaddle
ottle
racket
schnuckle
hoohaw
fittle
schmittel
iddle
wawa
magpaddle - stolen, alteration
bandering - stolen, alteration

I like all those words, thmmie. I agree, somewhat, to what you said about changing the word will not alter the meaning...but, whenever I see that word, it reminds me of all the bad blood that reigned on here...and it would just be pleasent to find a new one; to rid ourselves of the stigma attatched to that one word.

i agree too, i just took on the topic because it was a fun thing to think about....and because i really don't like the sound of the word "squittle"...it bugs me.

Now With Moveable Parts
This guy I know, always uses the word," flexin". He'll say," Oooh, did you get a load of that guy? He was totally flexin' on you." I always thought that was a cute one.

about serious stuff: yeah sades, i know what you mean.

about the topic: eww, flexin' sounds so ... physical and suggestive. actually, kinda lewd ...

Originally posted by thmilin

footle
Footle is a real word. We say it all the time because we like it.
See http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=footle

Our newest words are klaatu, tipili, and teton.

lol, that's cool! it means f**ck around eh? neat. well, guess it's not made up. please ignore it from my list.

I always thought "Squittle" was a rather ingenious turn of the tongue. Also, it was born here... let it stand, I say. It's part of the heritage of the site.

I got it! How about Twittle!

Now With Moveable Parts
Twittle is funny because of TWT. That's why sunfrog suggested it, I think.