GoodBye from PLite!!

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I don't even see why there is an arguement? Plite left because it was made clear that non-movie related posts were bringing the site down. He left out of respect for Chris. The people on this site have trashed Chris a hell of alot more than he has EVER trashed ANYONE.

Pigsnie, I've got nothing but respect for you, but why do you just come in here to stand up for your brother? You use to be a regular poster, but now you only come back to protect Plite. You say how great he is, and indeed he is a great guy and one of the greatest I've never met, but let him talk for himself. Oh wait, he already did, so why is there still a debate going on? Point is, Plite was loved here, and wanted here, but he failed a simple test. As obviously several others have. Like I said before, it's not called movieforums.com for nothin!

If you think this is an attack towards you, then maybe it is, but please realize this isn't an attack at Plite, its an attack at all the non-movie related posts/posters that have emerged these days.

Until today, when I have ever defended PLite, OG? Was it at the politics thread? I think not. In fact, I reassured Commish that PLite would return. And I don't believe I am out of line today, considering the unpleasant overtones this thread is now dredging up.

F*cking **** I can't remember where it was, but trust me its there. And no it wasn't the Politics thread. Or maybe it was. It was after the night that you said he went to the breakfast table saying "TWT sucks like a vaccum". Maybe I'm ASSUMING this time, but it seemed like a defense to me.

I think your a cool guy, and I respect you, and you and I have alot of the same views on life/politics(and that you know Eddie Izzard makes you my hero) but this is one point where we differ. Chris owns this site, and he had hinted at this for a long time. And no he didn't hint it to just Plite, he hinted it to everyone. It's a ******* movie site for christs sake. Yes I loved posting in the intermission forum, and recently it has been the heart and soul, but that doesn't mean just because it was becoming more succesful it should be encouraged. I'm pissed Plite left, I'm gonna miss that guy, I was pissed when you stopped posting, and I'm even more pissed Sun left, but thems the brakes.

I don't think your out of line, and I understand perfectly where your comming from, but why is everyone so quick to play the blame game? Non-movie related posting was getting out of hand, and Chris posed a simple question and some people failed, get the **** over it.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
"El Cootie ... Thank you for defending PLite ... . And like you, I too am surprised by the seeming venom towards my brother that is now surfacing on this thread --"immature, self-absorbed, disrespectful"-- if you Thmilin & TWT felt he was all this, why the f*** didn't you say so? To pretend a genuine affection for him (which you are doing even now)is completely shameful. Thank you, TWT, Thmilin. "

Pigsnie, I think you have looked most specifically for the "negatives" in what we have said. Not all things are black in white. With every negative I pointed out you assumed the positives were false. If you wish to discount the words of people whom you bothered to listen to before out of a gut reaction to defend someone you know 24 hrs a day and who's a relative when we know this same person ONLY through the internet and what he chooses to post - I think that's very unfair and closeminded.

i could say that YOU are false for, as others have said, claiming "business", barely posting, and when you do return, it's to discredit the very person that built the site you originally came to and who HAS NOT CHANGED HIS STANCE from the start of your acquaintance to the finish. He never said he disliked PLite, and neither did I. No one's perfect. I'm not perfect. I talk too much when I post. TWT is sometime a tad closeminded. etc etc - but the point of a community is to get along. if someone came on here foul mouthed but intelligent and TWT said - tone it down or get out - i think you'd all support. this is the same issue. i think the fact that he's your bro, P, is why you're not seeing things that way.

If you want to get down to "why didn't you say anything so he wouldn't waste his time on a malicious site that doesn't appreciate his talents" - recall that YOU joined this "vindictive" site first and if you're looking for "proof" of discontent before most recent events -

In the past I have most specifically made it clear that I am 1) shocked when PLite talks maturely about something beyond himself and 2) that he is sometimes "too much" and often frustrates me, always turning things back onto himself. the posts were there. i wrote them and was deliberate about them. i made it clear that i sensed an issue but that i didn't want to be rude or evil to Plite - and the reasoN? because I've more sense and good breeding than to do what you have done here and speak condemingly of people who took the time not only to get to know you, want to know you, talk to you AND your funnily, silly, bright, crazy little brother - your behavior shows that you are no better, for in accusing us of blaming, you are blaming, as well.

I have also made it clear that I always have liked and still like Plite, though I dont' always condone his behavior. I'm sure you dont' condone his behavior all the time to, but are suddenly behaving as if he hasn't done any wrong in the months he's been on here.

another question is, how much "fact" can you talk when you've barely been here these past few months?

it is amusing when someone gets out of hand and HURTS NO ONE OR NO THING in the process. that is why i said I don't think PLite does it deliberately - I surely don't think he's out to steal TWT's show. TWT has been d@mned cooperative and tolerant and waited a very long time to push his envelope because he understands Plite's a good kid, respects both him AND you, wishes to keep us all happy so we can continue to be silly, AND wishes to continue on building the thing that was HIS in the first place.

Plite's behavior is fun, but he needs to run at full throttle. doing so here steals the show's thunder. TWT has made it clear that Plite understands, and agrees he is most interested in chit chat and not in movies. if he cannot tone down his "show" in respect for TWT's show, then, he is not able to be a proper member of this community as it was originally intended. maybe he needs his own website, who knows.

this is so quickly turning into a bitterfest. obviously we disagree on this. at this point, i find PLite much more openminded, though I'd prefer him to stay, than I find you, oh brotherly martyr. i could say i'm offended. i'm not really. more disappointed that you'd take the tack you did. but that paints me as a martyr, and in the end, to each his own - i stick to my guns and still think you've got it wrong.

Originally posted by Pigsnie
Until today, when I have ever defended PLite, OG? Was it at the politics thread? I think not. In fact, I reassured Commish that PLite would return. And I don't believe I am out of line today, considering the unpleasant overtones this thread is now dredging up.
OG- completely disagreed with me on most of those political issues, instead siding with PLite. I'll ask you again: what has caused you to believe that somehow I've spoken worse of PLite than he has of me?

Okay Thmilin, you need to stop talking, you're only making things worse for yourself.

Dang, I wanted to go out with class now I'm ruining it.

Thimlin, the only one that understood your intentions when you said the Intermission thread and anyone who posts there is full of crap is you. Cause both me and PL dropped our jaws and hearts to the floor. We were stunned. I mean really stunned. It was worse than anything TW said. TW only said the focus of this website is movies. I can understand him. I know what he's saying. He didn't insult me and say I was full of crap. I think PLite was really hurt by that. If you come over you might see him using caps. Now I read your explanation of what your real intentions were, that's why I'm still talking to you. I was really hurt before. I don't know if P has read it yet. So please don't say any more things while you're angry. You're doing good explaining what you true intentions were.

Attacking PSenior. That's just silly. Why is he posting now? Because you guys are attacking his brother whom he loves duh. (Said with sarcasm) You guys just want to fight because you're all riled up. If someone atttacked someone you love wouldn't you defend them? Of course you would. So enough of attacking PSenior. That's not even what this mess is about, it's just people being full of adrenaline so they attack anything that moves.

OG being pissed at me. Believe me O, I really like it here. I feel like crap. I've been here a year (in 6 more days) and it feels really cool. Like I'm part of helping the site grow. I was really looking forward to the update and maybe doing polls and reviews and games and helping out. All kinds of stuff! Heck, I'm busting a gut keeping from doing a review on Tremors 3, cause I love the series and I know I'm the only one who's seen it. But..the main monsters are called *** blasters, and if you thiink I can do a serious review on a fun movie who's main characters are called *** blasters and rump rockets you don't know me very well. LOL!!!

Bandwith. Whew, as long as I'm spewing, here's my take on the bandwith issue. Which is maybe what we should be talking about instead of using our energy to fight.

1. We aren't even close to that point yet. If they do try and charge more money just move to another server. You're good at that TWT, I've been to edevcafe. You know all that kind of stuff.

2. After the update the site will make money. Use the money to buy more bandwidth.

3. You can't have a community without friends. It's natural for people to like each other and be friends. The new board has instant messages things? If you say keep it off the boards use messages, won't those eat up bandwidth too?

4. Limit the Intermission section. Like limit it to no more than 25 distict threads and only 25 posts per thread. After a thread has been locked for more than 1 week archive it. Stuff like that. I'm sure we can think of something better than stop it or get out. This is what we should be talking about instead of fighting. I mean some of you are Chris' friend, and some are PLites. And some like me are friends of both...so let's help us all get along.

In defense of TWT. I've said from the begining, he's the webmaster. It's the old saying, as long as you're living under my roof you'll go by my rules. I still say that. My answer is, ok. I don't want to be serious all the time. I like to have fun. I'm a happy person. I want to keep the Intermission section open and goof and footle as much as I want without worrying about bandwith. (See 4 up above)

In defense of young master P. You all shouldn't be ranting on him so much. He's funny, bright, intelligent, charming, good natured and flat out a great human being. He also knows his stuff. He can rattle off the names of actors and directors, songs and other such movie stuff off the top of his head. Can all of you? I know I can't. Some of you can, but my point is he knows his movie stuff. He does belong here.

Okay, it took me so long to type that I lost my steam. I'm not angry at Thmiln as much as I was when I first started. I'm gonna go rent a movie.

Sun, I don't hate you. I think your awesome, and wish you would stay here. I don't think anyone ever ment that serious posts are all this forum needs. It needs insightful, comical posts. Just not a buttload about nothing, which is what intermission so loving turned into, its just not the focus of the site. Do me a favor, and post the review, it will determine whether i see the movie or not.

Sun: I agree with a lot of that, but I have to somewhat side with Miriam. I don't think she ever said that you were full of crap...I think she said some of you guys were posting crap. That's the difference between saying "you're dumb" and "you did a dumb thing." She obviously enjoys your being here...she likes the person, but doesn't like all they do. Very crucial difference!

Thanks for the tips...and yeah, bandwidth is not an issue now. Honestly, bandwidth is the #2 concern. The focus of the site is first...in what nearly amounts to a landslide, actually. But no, it's not inconceivable to imagine the hosting bills going nuts. It's happening to JoBlo...and it can happen to MoFo...but yes, bandwidth is not a huge concern. It's more the focus...which is the only thing that's been on my mind really.

I didn't really attack PSenior...rather, I view it as him attacking us a bit. I'm just trying to refute the things he said, because it just isn't true. If it comes down to PLite against me, PLite has said more mean things, I think. That's just how I see it, though.

As for #3: exactly. That's why this forum was created...we needed a miscellaneous forum...that's why it's staying. I think we just disagree on the specifics of that. I do hope you'll stick around a bit, though. I just want this to be a great movie forum...I know it can be.

Well--my take on it.

I joined Movieforums because I liked movies. I didn't necessarily want to post (You may have noticed that I am not a "gregarious sort" and I have a hard time being amusing. ) but I registered just in case. I went to the Movie Threads and it was the usual reviews BUT I saw some damn strange threads. It was Pigsnie's stuff and Sun's and later PLite's. (I agree with SUN. THE 2 Pigsnies know films. Don't ever forget that!)

I can't say I joined MoFo because of them but I can DEFINITELY say that I STAYED because of PLITE, PIGSNIE and SUNFROG.

Being silly and witty and jokey is important to me. There are many movie forums. Full of purists and high-falutin movie critics who can quote every movie line, screenwriter, box office, analyze every scene to the smallest moment, assign a meaning to each tree or color that appears in the picture . . . whatever. Its not what I was looking for.

Now---in the case of movieforums. Your content is the people. The stars in this forum is the people. Not the movies.

I seem to remember reading one of your posts TWT that you were not going to give a "post" credit to a post in INTERMISSION forum--in the new MOFO. Correct me if I'm wrong. I think that's wrong. I know you want the emphasis in MOVIES but don't you think that that would seem like you're negating the Humanity of your Posters? That they don't count if they're goofing off with each other.

That's why I took your Test, TWT. And I have also decided that I don't belong here. I post more in INTERMISSIONS. I think I have posted and started some threads in the movie part but I would be too self-conscious now and wondering whether I should post more here or there or wherever. And I would genuinely miss the posters who have been the subject of these discussions.

ALOHA
GOD BLESS

Why is it wrong? Quite frankly, why should someone's post count matter? It is very common practice to disregard posts in such forums from the total post count. The content is indeed the people: but, more specifically, the content is the people talking about the movies. That's why I started this forum. If you go to a site called "MovieForums.com", you shouldn't be surprised when the owner is trying to get people to talk about movies.

I think we have a misunderstand here, though, Wart: I hate the same old movie critic crap as well. But it seems that you, and some of the others here, are taking it to an extreme. It's not as if we have to have tons of chit chat, or none at all. We need a balance. I've said many times that getting to know each other and goofing around is VITAL to this community...but yet people keep echoing that as if I've never said it. If I wanted to go the extreme, I'd delete this forum, but I'm not that foolish. I see it's value...but please see that it CAN go overboard.

See, I admire PLite and Frogman most of all in this scenario. Ironically, even though this all stemmed from PLite, he's cool with it. He told me he understands my reasons and has no problem with them. It's a simple difference of interests. Frogman feels the same way. That's all I'm asking for: for people to recognize why I want to keep the focus on movies. Chat is good, but this is a movie forum. The only people I feel at odds with are the ones who don't see my reasons as making any sense.

Anyway, I hope you will return someday Wart. By then, the post counts in the Intermission forum will be turned off. And no, I wouldn't go as far as to say I am taking away their humanity. If a post is essentially equivalent to an IM message like "hey, what's up?" I see nothing wrong with having it not count. We shouldn't be judged by post counts anyway, but unfortunately people do do that sometimes...and as such, they enter posting wars by posting tons of messages in forums like this. It's a shame...but inevitable.

Hi, it's me again. I didn't watch my movie. I'm too sad. I made a mistake on #4. After a thread has been locked for a week you should go ahead and delete it. Cause it'll be in the Intermission section so it won't be anything important like a movie review or Oscar predictions, things you'd want to keep so people can read them. It would prolly be about PLites underwear or a poll by me on which actress you'd like to see in a Victoria's Secret catalog. Lol That stuff can be deleted after a while.

Also, here is a [purple]link [/purple]for you Twt. It'll let you sell MovieForums related clothing and mugs and stuff for free. They make most of the profit but you still get a few bucks and it gives MoFo "bigness", "depth", whatever you webfolks call it. It makes the site look like it has a bigger budget.

Is there such a word as GOL? Giggling out loud? I didn't really laugh, it was more of a giggle.

GOL...I like that. Even LOL had to start somewhere. Yeah, I have an account on CafePress already...but they only offer gray and white shirts. I've tried desperately to find a good place to have some custom made black-colored shirts with the new MoFo logo on it, but I've had no luck. Bummer! If I ever find one, I'll have to get some of you guys some t-shirts.

Originally posted by Wart
There are many movie forums. Full of purists and high-falutin movie critics who can quote every movie line, screenwriter, box office, analyze every scene to the smallest moment, assign a meaning to each tree or color that appears in the picture . . . whatever.
I think he's talking about you, Steve N.

When did we all become 12 years-old, by the way?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by Wart
I agree with SUN. THE 2 Pigsnies know films. Don't ever forget that!
Alright, if that's the case, why is conversations with PLite commenting about how he looks better than someone in the movie. So if that's knowledge on movies then I must be missing something.

You guys need to realize that this is only a site, and you're only being asked to talk more about movies just because THIS IS A MOVIE SITE!!!! For those of you who are kicking and screaming because you're only being asked to do this GROW UP. For new posters coming here what do you think they're looking for? They're not wanting to know how cute PLite is, or whatever some of the threads that are being started in Intermission, they're wanting to know about MOVIES. How odd is that??? People coming to a movie site to talk about movies is something that I would like to see. There's not too many here that DO talk about movies. Sun, Wart, you both have knowledge on movies and are very helpful in the areas of this site, to leave just because of one person is stupid and childish. TWT runs the site, he was only asking a small favor from PLite and PLite in return CHOSE to leave. So why you people think that TWT kicked him off of here or just flat out asked him to leave is beyond me.

Can't we just go back to posting about movies and leave this behind us. Can't we all just get along!?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Yeah, I think we can get along...but don't look at me...OriginalP is the one who's steamed like a crab here. It's kind of funny really, because PLite himself seems perfectly okay with it all...yet Pigsnie and some of the others are upset on his behalf, it seems.

I don't really care anymore. Go where you may, but I'm going to keep working on this site. The worst thing I can do at this point is let all this nonsense distract me from the goals I've set.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spdrcr

Can't we just go back to posting about movies and leave this behind us. Can't we all just get along!? [/b]
I have been faithful to my wanting to get back to movies...and I've been over in the other sites posting.I can't do it by myself.I've seen a couple people doing it(spdrcr,twt,)C'mon...let's go do what we all do best...jonesin' on movies!

Thmilin and Spdrcr, your posts are too petty to even dignify with an answer. I am very fond of this site. Please stop. You are only serving to polarize this community even further with your antics.

There are many ways to support TWT. This isn't one of them. You are just exacerbating the situation.

TWT,

Once again, I feel compelled to post. I apologize since it seems to matter to some if a forum guest does not post very often.

First of all, I would like to tell you, TWT, that I am profoundly saddened by what is going on in your site. (I read your announcement.)

MY second reason for posting. I will explain why I came to MOVIEFORUMS.

I spend much time in a nursing home. My wife requires constant medical attention. At the nursing home, they have recently installed half a dozen computers to allow patients to cruise the Net. Do you know that your Forum is the most popular site at the home? Do you know why this is?

It is not because of film discussions. It is the people who write them.

I cannot count the times I have heard one of my buddies laugh out loud at PLite and Sunfrog's exchanges, be awed & amused by Pigsnie's utterly unique wit and intellectualism, be absorbed in your political debates with OG and Steve, chuckle at little Freddie's charming gossip about her brother . . . We ourselves have had fights at communal dinner over your differences with the indefatigable Zweedorf.

All this time you thought you were getting traffic because of movies? Perhaps it started out that way. But you have served us better than you thought. With the kind of posters you attracted to this site. How can I make you understand how much more important that is!

I understand your vision, TWT. Truly I do. But what is the use for such a vision when you have no one to share it with.

EL COOTIE

But why must there be some kind of extreme one way or another? Why is it all or nothing? I WANT what you've described, but I don't want only that. I never told PLite to leave...I never asked him to leave, but I did suggest to anyone who would read it that this site is about movies, and if you're not interested in movies, you may be on the wrong forum.

I desperately want to find the correct balance here. I honestly do...and I don't know quite what to think sometimes. I've got some people saying they want more movie talk, and some who call me uptight if I try to keep the focus on film. I just can't win.

Honestly, give me your advice. I would genuinely like to hear what you have to say: how do you (and everyone else here, for that matter) think I can keep this a MOVIE forum, while still encouraging the wonderful sense of friendship, humor, and community, that it has had for so long now?

You're right about this "vision" stuff: I wouldn't call it a vision, but regardless of that, my place here is to try to please my visitors. However, If a bunch of people showed up to talk about video games, I would not change the name and focus of the site just for them. That's why I'm distressed: this is still a movie forum, and I'm not going to change that, so how do I deal with this? It's not about me, but at the same time, it's kind of ridiculous to go changing the entire site around (including all the stuff I've got going on behind the scenes) to try to accomodate the changes in the members who post here.

Originally posted by spdrcr So if that's knowledge on movies then I must be missing something
Yes, you are. Several things. First, you missed the big fight. You're a little late. Everybody pretty much went to their corners and is sitting there being sad and rethinking their decisions now.

Second, Go read some of PL's movie posts. He names actors, and songs and movie dates and unknown facts about director's personal lives etc.. He has a fondness for musicals so what? We all have our favorite genres. He likes foreign films too and knows all about them. I don't think he really needs to be defended on this point, just pointing out what you missed.

I am grown up. I love Plite AND MovieForums, but I gotta stick with my friend. It's like OG I think. Except he's on Twt's side. It sucks. No one thinks TW kicked PLite off. Maybe P does, I don't know. He's feeling something or all this wouldn't be happening that's for sure. It's not just that P's my friend, some things were said in the big fight that were insulting. At first I was like, well I think I'll stay away for a while to show my support for P. I don't want to be serious all the time but I support TW's right to say what goes on on his site. Then pretty much everybody started slinging mud all over and some of it hit me and pissed me off. PLite had just said his goodbyes and left. Me too. He could have come back as Zwee reincarnated and blasted everybody but that's not P. He isn't like that.

Also, I think a lot of the people that left were either also insulted or just want to be with PLite. Everybody loves him, even TW believe it or not. And everybody knows what TW is saying. I think the things that were said during the fight pissed people off more than TW saying, hey the focus is on movies, let's try and get back on track here. (Just paraphrasing)

But mostly I think that we like them both and want to post in both places but we feel like if we post here PL will think we don't like him. And if we post over there TW will think we don't like HIM. SO, I will be the first to post in both places. It makes me really sad to see that MoFo isn't getting the hits is was last week. I really love this site and I don't want it to die out. But I am also going to follow PLite wherever he goes until Pigsnie puts a restraining order on me.

Now With Moveable Parts
This is outrageous.I don't even know what to say.TWT,you have people pulling you in seperate directions.The bottom line,is:You designed a movie forum.People post about movies.You have a seperate site called Intermission.People post about whatever.Both aspects of the this forum...movies &whatever,are important in their own way.Intermission served as a way to learn more about each other...it does that job well,as long as it doesn't get stupid.Which it was.Debating over somebody's cute-ness,wasn't really relative to anything,and it made people frustrated;but that wasn't all.Stupid S*** was going on in a lot of other areas,and it's TWT's job to run this forum as he sees fit!It's our job to respect him,it's his freakin' vision!.That doesn't mean FUN IS OUT...it means,simply,follow some basic freakin' rules.Plite had some funny moments,but sometimes he only aggrevated certian situations by posting totally random,off-the-topic posts.El Cootie-you can't understand the frustration because you're standing back as a spectator...involve yourself,and see how you feel about it then.You're writting as someone entertained by the confusion and frustration the postsers you mentioned,caused.We are talking about how it feels to be on the receiving end of it....wow...this is a huge bottom line...sorry,I'm venting.Shutting up.