Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I watched that on demand if you have that.
don't have on demand BUT I did find it at my library, so, YAY

And I haven't seen Destry Rides Again since I was a kid. Glad to hear you had fun watching it.

Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)

I really liked the 2009 initial offering, and this one is more of the same. That both helps and hurts it in my opinion, where the 'that is practically impossible' or 'it would take a miracle' line is overused to the point where it's not even suspenseful anymore. Very stunning designs and environments, and the characters mix very well. I'm still not entirely sold on Chris Pine as an actor, and Benedict Cumberbatch seemed a little out of place with this kind of role. Good enough to make me look forward to streaming the next one.

10/10 Holy **** this film is the definition of an epic! Contender for the best film of the 80s along with Das Boot, and Pixote. **** i expected it to good but this is a better crime film than Goodfellas and dare I say The Godfather? Almost 4 hours long and i was never bored.

Edit: Holy **** at all those negative reviews on Imdb

Benedict Cumberbatch seemed a little out of place with this kind of role.
I think they were too hampered by having to preserve the surprise of who the character was. I agree about Cumberbatch as well. He had a go but just couldn't make it work, and some of his acting falls completely flat, especially the 'big reveal'. What is interesting is how he puts across this twisted character, particularly through his facial expressions.

Fury (1936)

+

Spoilers

Fritz Lang directs Spencer Tracy as an innocent man who gets arrested for a serious crime while on a trip to visit his fiance. While sitting in jail waiting for the authorities to figure things out, a lynch mob attacks the jail. He is presumed dead, but in reality he's alive, super pissed, and wants revenge/justice. This was a pretty good movie with a story that suits my taste. I wasn't crazy about the last half hour's courtroom scenes or for the fact that the main character was willing to give up his girl and let her think he was dead. The dog who plays Toto in The Wizard of Oz has a small role.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Thor Ragnorok. Never gets stale,especially looking at those things Chris himsworth has on the bones in his arms.

Fury (1936)

+

Fritz Lang directs ..... The dog who plays Toto in The Wizard of Oz has a small role.
In fairness she was only a small dog.

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (J. J. Abrams, 2015)
+
The plot reminds me of something but I can't for the life of me think what