MOST Stylish Movie Characters

Tools    

Female assassin extraordinaire.
The Matrix - most definitely.

I agree, though that Blade began it. BUT - he overdid it, too much leather going on, there's something to be said for understatement, which was present in The Matrix, so I found the character's styles more striking.

aaand ... I totally agree with Jeremy Northam in the Winslow Boy, he was damned sexy and very well dressed. whew!

Nicoletta Broschi as Maria in 'Johnny Stecchino' (starring her husband, Roberto Begnini.) She's wearing a killer outfit in every scene, and she wears it well!
You get me slapped with a fine, you argue with the customers and I have to patch everything up, you get us thrown out of a funeral by violating the corpse, and then to top it off, you ruin my relationship. I mean, what's your encore? Do you, like, anally rape my mother while pouring sugar in my gas tank?

Female assassin extraordinaire.
I've yet to see that movie, it's always on the shelf in the foreign section of the video store and I never get around to renting it cuz i'm afraid Roberto's style of humor won't amuse me. but maybe one day ... esp for some killer clothes ...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Snipes in Blade may have started it with the leather thing, but I think he made it "super-heroish".

Matrix broke the rules though and went out and really made it stylish. I mean, half if not all of that is something I'm sure everyone has been wanting to wear.

For some of you, you may want to check out http://www.whereisthematrix.com watch the movie.VERY FUNNY
[Edited by spdrcr on 09-26-2001]
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spdrcr
Snipes in Blade may have started it with the leather thing, but I think he made it "super-heroish".

Matrix broke the rules though and went out and really made it stylish. I mean, half if not all of that is something I'm sure everyone has been wanting to wear.

For some of you, you may want to check out http://www.whereisthematrix.com watch the movie.VERY FUNNY
[Edited by spdrcr on 09-26-2001]
Jeez,if I could,I'd bust around in leather every single day and twice on Sundays! Just isn't practical in California.

Beware the Moon
Most stylish or best dressed?
Either way these guys look cool.

Neo & Trinity in "The Matrix"
Vin Diesel as Riddick in "Pitch Black"
Melinda Clarke in "Killer Tongue" (naff film but nice outfit)
Mark Dacascos as Toby Wong in "Drive" ok so it's a jumpsuit but it looks cool.
James Woods as Jack Crow in "John Carpenters Vampires" the Jeans and leather jacket look is always a goodie.
Wolverine in "The X-Men" (well it would be rude not to)

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by sadesdrk
Jeez,if I could,I'd bust around in leather every single day and twice on Sundays! Just isn't practical in California.
Oh come on, California!? They do things there that you would have to think twice about anywhere else. I'm not saying you're like that, but if anyone there was to wear leather 365 days a year who would care?

Brad Pitt as Tyler Durden in Fight club
Travolta and Sam Jackson as Vincent Vega and Juluis or something in Pulp Fiction
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Rock God
man, i can't believe you people. jack nicholson in ANYTHING! that guy owns cool.... he is the coolest, most badass guy in the history of movies (possibly). i don't know if you're talking about stylish like the clothes you wear, or stylish like your personality, but i think debating which actor dresses the coolest is a moot point when there are actors that could make a point wearing a t-shirt and sweats.

Batman & Robin
In their rubbery costumes.
It's all about the clothes BrodieMan

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by spdrcr
Originally posted by sadesdrk
Oh come on, California!? They do things there that you would have to think twice about anywhere else. I'm not saying you're like that, but if anyone there was to wear leather 365 days a year who would care?
I'm talking the woods kind of California...that's North of weirdsville and Hollywood...believe me,around here,leather gets you no where fast.It's hot too1 To answer BrodieMan's question...It's about style in movies not outside of them.

Yeah, besides, Harrison Ford owns cool, he's just been lending it out for years.

Now With Moveable Parts
I agree with you there...he's one classy guy.As far as style IN a movie...I liked all the clothes in Grease.Take a look at it now because the syles of today sort-of mimic the 50's.The girls dresses and casual style totally would turn heads today too.

Here's some super cool looking characters

Clint Eastwood in DIRTY HARRY as Harry
(He takes even more pain to save his paints after beinging shot just to show you how much he loves his duds also the cool shades rock)

Christian Bale in AMERICAN PSYCHO as Patrick Bateman
(This guy looks awesome throught-out the film with his super expensive clothes nothing but the best)

Steve McQueen in BULLITT as Detective Lieut. Frank Bullitt SFPD
(Those Turtle necks and mock turtle necks he wears got me wanting to buy some)

Humphrey Bogart in THE BIG SLEEP as Philip Marlowe
(Man this guy looks dope as a detective with the Trilby hat and trenchcoat)

Clint Eastwood in THE DOLLARS TRILOGY as The Man With No Name (He Totally fits the part with those cloths on)

RESERVOIR DOGS
(All of Them)

Arnold Schwarzenegger in RAW DEAL as Mark Kaminsky
(there's something about ARNIE with a suit and a big fat cigar in his mouth that just looks super cool)

my votes go to practically all of the movie star ladies in practically all of the classic dramas from the 30' and 40's!!
Elizabeth Taylor in A Place in The Sun!!
Lauren Bacall in the bogie movies.

(and lot's more, but i'll come back......maybe we can revive this thread...)

Here are a few ultra cool charecters who are fashion statements in there own way:

Sean Connery as James Bond in DR NO- No one makes a Tux look cooler

Frank Sinatra as Danny Ocean in OCEANS 11- Sinatra, Martin, Davis Jnr etc...The Rat Pack is the very definition of cool and everybody wanted to be like em.

Brandon Lee as THE CROW- the originator of the Matrix/Blade style Leather Jacket.

Marlon Brando as THE WILD ONE- The film solely responsible for the birth of cinematic Leather jacket cool.

James Dean as Ray Stark in REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE- The plain white hanes T-Shirt, Blue Denim Jeans and Red Jacket never looked cooler.

Keifer Sutherland and THE LOST BOYS- When this came out everyone there clothes were as much of a statement as there fangs

Bogey in THE BIG SLEEP- The classic noir P.I ensemble will be forevre cool

Vince Vaughn in SWINGERS- is money

Gabriel Byrne in MILLERS CROSSING- great gangster look

So many more well dressed characters that defined cool, but these are just a few faves.....

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Deckard
Keifer Sutherland and THE LOST BOYS- When this came out everyone there clothes were as much of a statement as there fangs

Vince Vaughn in SWINGERS- is money

I could think of nothing cooler than sexy vampires in leather jackets and prancin' around like rock stars. That movie defined the the sex appeal of blood suckers. Jason Patrick was so hot.

and the boys in Swingers were just cool as anything...same goes for L.B.J's mention of the guys in Res. Dogs.

okay!!!! i never saw The Matrix or Swingers.....and i went out and rented both of them this afternoon..tfey are sitting here waiting for my viewing......i'll get back to ya'

Now With Moveable Parts
patti- you are going to LOVE Swingers. Some people might not enjoy it, but I certianly did...and that's all that should matter to you. BTW- my boyfriend is in it...Vincey-Pooh.