MOST Stylish Movie Characters

Tools    

Since all Pigsnie cares about is clothes, he suggested this thread, LOLL.

1.Trinity & Morpheus & Neo in those cool cool shades before he does his Superman act (the Matrix)

2. Julianne Moore (WOW! maybe she should be no.1) & Rupert Everet in IDEAL Husband
3.Toshiro mifune in YOJIMBO

4. Kim Basinger in LA Confidential
5.Jude Law in TALENTED MR Ripley (I wish I could be as cool as Dickie in shorts!) Also WILDE & Gattaca.

6. Glenn Close in Dangerous Liaysons (I like the first scene of the movie when they show the housemaids stuffing Glenn into her dress. And her chest is Freckly!!)

7.Jeremy Northam in WINSLOW Boy
8.Jessica Rabbitt

You read my mind: Neo, hands down. And yeah, Jessica Rabbit sure can dress, eh? Other than that, I think Brodie's got a great casual look going. I think Matt Damon's character (Mike) in "Rounders" is one of the best, though. Always wearing some nice jacket, or a v-neck sweathershirt thing, or something.

Clearly Neo, Trin and Morpheus win, no contest; they are the most modern at any rate, dressed to kill and all that (literally...)

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I agree with Mr M. They are clearly the most modern and stylish characters. I mean what would you wear if you could wear anything that existed. A polo shirt???
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Carrie Ann Moss is my hero! No other woman in a movie pulled off the whole Bad *** character as well as her.She doesn't have to even try...and her clothes...well,that just sweetened the deal.More actresses should emulate her Bad ***ness,because being cool is sexy,not sexy being cool.

Interesting [point though; I can't imagine her being angry. Probably because the way the character would deal with anger would be to shoot you...

I think Jude Law is the best dressed dude in the movies. Sure, Neo & Trinity are cool but for us who arent inside the matrix, Jude is most cool. I like particlarly the sports jacket & tie he was wearin in that cafe in Rome in Talented Mr Ripley. He was really put together, kinda like Pigsnie! And it pisses me off that smokin causes cancer becuz when I see Jude (or Pigsnie) smoke, I want to smoke too!!! :bawl: :bawl:

Ya know what would be great? A thing that you smoke like a cigarette, but theres only a little fog machine inside & the fog tastes like mint. Then I would look cool & have minty fresh breath at the same time, hahaha.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
they do have herbal ciggs, but not too many people use them.

A good example of this is the Ciggarette Smoking Man from X-Files the Movie. He used an herbal cigg. I mean they're not like marajuana herbal, but like grass off the ground herbal pretty much. I'm not sure, but I doubt it will make your breath minty fresh.
[Edited by spdrcr on 09-25-2001]

There's two characters that close the book on this.

Brad Pitt, as Tyler Durden, in fight club. The movie may have its problems, but Jesus if he doesn't have the coolest clothes I've ever seen.

Sam Jackson as Ordell Robbie in Jackie Brown. Kangols, Khakis, and BC Ethic shirts. This cat looks cool.

I thought the modern/old style clothes they wore in Titus were so cool! I want those! And I want a cape!

I never seen Fight club so you better describe their clothes to me Steve.

And yeah TITUS was cool, Id forgotten. I wanna dress like Jessica Lange, teehee.

Now With Moveable Parts
I thought Brad Pitt dressed like a thrift-store junkie in Fight Club.Didn't he have like a ladie's fur coat on at some point? I liked the outfits the women wore in Charlie's Angels...I wish all girls could get away with dressing like that on a daily basis,but alas,other girls would give us dirty looks.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Blade. He had the whole leather thing going on way before the Matrix!

Bruce Cambell in Army of Darkness and Evil Dead 2. Only he can pull off the chainsaw hand!

Rene Russo in THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR. Those suits. That black dress

Now With Moveable Parts
I liked David Bowie in the Labyrinth.Those tights...that hair...the make-up! So cool.More men should dress like that.Of course I'm kidding because only David Bowie could make dressing like a drag queen sexy!

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought: Tyler Durden!

That red jacket, THOSE SHOES! Christ, I wanted to be him, which is exactly what Fincher had in mind.

Also, Gary Oldman in Dracula...
Those blue shades were the perfect complement to the rest of that wardrobe... yeah...

Bob Maplethorpe in Bottle Rocket is pretty pimped-out...
Or Dignan's jumpsuits, "I'm not always as confident as I look!"

Now With Moveable Parts
I second the Gary Oldman nomination...the hippest dracula for sure!