Tools    

Hostle By Far

that film made me ill to the stomoch lol
how can they get away with showing that to people
Werst Post Ever By Far.

Hostle By Far

that film made me ill to the stomoch lol
how can they get away with showing that to people
the only scene where i almost puked was what happened to that chinese girl's eye

Oh this is easy. The ending of Invasion Of The Body Snatchers(1978 version).

I also thorougly enjoyed Cabin Fever. And of course Saw 1 & 2.

I have to return some videotapes.
I was really messed up after watching Midnight Express. Note to self: Don't attempt to smuggle hash out of Turkey.

Schindler's List
American History X
Requiem for a Dream
Train Spotting

Hey im new here but this is the film I found most disturbing, the opening scenes were to much for me that I couldnt get through watching them, but I heard its only these beginning scenes. This film stars one of my favourite actressess Monica Bullucci

Irréversible
Like said the opening scene of revenge was to much for me, I can usually sit through and enjoy any film, but could not and that scene is followed by the scene of Monica walking through a Paris underpath at night, very disturbing!!! I think the scenes are up on YouTube for anyone who is interested in it!!

Hey Paulie. I'll have to check out Irreversible. Don't think I've heard anything about it till now, but I'm hesitant to watch actual clips on YouTube.

Have the films of Alejandro Jodorowsky been mentioned? Santa Sangre, El Topo and Fando y Lis are the ones I've seen and they all have the ability to disturb. Santa Sangre plays on very specific fears, but it's also really funny if you're warped like me.

There was one called, 'Seconds'. My memory is hazy. Did anyone see it? I don't recall cast. I think, Rock Hudson was in it. It was about making people look younger.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Seconds (1966) Starring: Rock Hudson, Salome Jens Director: John Frankenheimer Rating
  • Tagline: What Are Seconds?... The Answer May Be Too Terrifying For Words!
  • Plot Outline Want out of your life? Just pay the fee and we'll fake your death, change your face, and set up a new identity for you...
  • Plot Synopsis: There is a very secret organization that offers wealthy people a second chance at life; the customer picks out someone they want to be and the organization surgically alters the customer to look like the intended person, stages the customer's death, gets rid of the intended person and the customer has a new life. There's only one thing they didn't count on.....
I've never heard of it before but google showed me the way.

I've got El Topo and Santa Sangre yet to watch them though. Jodorowsky does seem like a bit of a legend.

Second Irreversible pick, if i havn't previously.

I would have to say
*last house on the left

That movie was wrong in so many ways

also...
*Arachnophobia literally scarred me for life i saw it when i was 3 and never watched it again.

Hi Bleach.
Thanks for the info. I had a very hazy memory of it, it's been a long time but, certainly, disturbing.

Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?
I thought Cannibal Holocaust was pretty dodgy. I wouldnt call it disturbing, because it didn't leave me disturbed. Just the little kiddy tribes people with no clothes on. Shoving a rock/clay/spikey thing 'up' some woman. The cutting of the dick and the random sec scenes was pretty dodgy aswell.

It wasn't disturbing, just more like wtf?

Ichi the Killer was also pretty wierd, rape and semen wise. Not disturbing though.

I don't think I have ever been 'disturbed' by a film thus far.

The Guienea Pig films were funny/embrassing more than disturbing.

EDIT: Ok on second thought maybe Salo was disturbing. It was a terrible film in terms of plot etc. The random sex was crappy and so was all the other crap in it aka the whole film. Why on earth would you want to watch that tut more than once?

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Hi Bleach.
Thanks for the info. I had a very hazy memory of it, it's been a long time but, certainly, disturbing.
You are very welcome!

It's always my pleasure to help!

*beams*

Have the films of Alejandro Jodorowsky been mentioned? Santa Sangre, El Topo and Fando y Lis are the ones I've seen and they all have the ability to disturb. Santa Sangre plays on very specific fears, but it's also really funny if you're warped like me.
Man, I haven't seen those movies since high school (though I never saw Fando y Lis, and my favorite was the one you didn't mention: The Holy Mountain). My reaction at the time was that while El Topo and The Holy Mountain were probably more over the top, Santa Sangre was a little more tasteless in that it was harder for me to write off stuff like (I think this happened in that movie) an old man cutting off his ear and feeding it to someone as just some of Jodorowsky's craziness because it didn't seem to be aiming at something so weird and fantastical as those other two.

Probably the hardest thing for me to watch violence wise, was in Shohei Imamura's version of The Ballad of Narayama, when a guy throws his sickly father off a cliff.

That's not so much disturbing as deliberately disconcerting, for disturbing I'm thinking of what they did to that horse in Andrei Rublev.

fight club was far from disturbing, tug that skirt up