First Movie You Loved

Tools    

My favorite movie was Saving Private Ryan becuase of all the drama and realism that many people who served the military back in the ninteen-forty's. And have you noticed anything odd about those WW2 movies. Have you ever seen anything like S.P.R. about the German's... well the main cast as the Nazi's?
:
I am asking since i ahven't seen anything about that, i heard the Clint Eastwood was making a film based about the Japanese of Iowa Jima.

I think they should make a movie about Berlin's invasion

Grease, Dirty Dancing

First movie that I really loved was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Man, am I getting old. The first movie I ever loved as a kid was....Popeye. Laugh all you want, it only makes the emotional scars deeper.

i think it was the lost boys

Movie Forums Extra
It was some movie about Sinbad the sailor

The first movies I loved as a kid would have to be "Back to the Future" and "Lion King."

As a grown up it would be "Once were warriors" and "Braveheart."

Steven Spielberg ET

The first movie I couldn't stop watching over and over again was Braveheart. Now I have many such movies but it's still one of my favorites!

the sandlot and little big league

'Golddiggers of 1933' no excuse, it was the first musical I'd seen.
all those songs and chorus girls!

that would have to be Ghostbusters. I watched it like at least 200 times when I was little. now one thing that was cool was I got a chance to meet Ernie Hudson. I thought that was awesome.
Domain Information

Have you ever seen anything like S.P.R. about the German's... well the main cast as the Nazi's?
Yes, I have:

All Quiet on the Western Front (1930) Took the Oscars for for best picture and director and made a star of Lew Ayres. One of the best war films ever made--far, far better than S.P.R. No Nazis, however; the setting is World War I.

The Desert Fox (1951), starring James Mason in the definitive role of Rommel. Mason did for Rommel what George C. Scott did for Patton; no, actually he did it better.

John Wayne played a former German naval officer trying to get his civilian command, a freighter, back to Germany from Australia after World War II begins in The Sea Chase (1955), Other German sailors on his crew include James Arness, Alan Hale Jr., Paul Fix, Tab Hunter, and my all-time favorite villain Lyle Bettger. Lana Turner also is on board as a German passenger and love interest.

A Time to Love and a Time to Die (1958) starring John Gavin, later US ambassador to Mexico

Marlon Brando was a German saboteur on a German submarine captained by Yul Brynner in Morituri (1965)

The Night of the Generals (1967) with Peter O'Toole and Donald Pleasence as German generals, Christopher Plummer as Field Marshal Rommel, Omar Sharif as a German major, and Tom Courtenay as a German lance corporal. A really off-beat and interesting film about tracking down a serial killer through all the blood of World War II. Follows closely the very good book from which it was taken.

Cross of Iron (1976) directed by Sam Peckinpah and starring James Coburn and Maximilian Schell. Peckinpah cranks up the violence far beyond the S.P.R. level.

The Eagle Has Landed (1976) with Michael Caine, Robert Duval--probably the best film in the bunch entertainment-wise.

This wasn’t solely about Germans but German submariners Curt Jürgens and Theodore Bikel were shown in a positive manner as they fought with destroyer commander Robert Mitchum in The Enemy Below (1957).

Marlon Brandon was an even more admirable German officer against Dean Martin and Montgomery Clift in The Young Lions (1958). Both of these last two films keep switching back between the German and US sides.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Growing up as I did, we weren't allowed to go to "public amusements" at all. That includes movies. However my parents broke that religious edit because they wanted to see a bond film.

They dropped me off in my first movie by myself! I was in third grade. The movie? Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

I LOVED it!

I got the lunch box!

Truly Scrumptious was fantastic. I got her paper doll set!

Of course explaining all this in a religious community was the tricky part. I felt that to my 'rents.

LOL!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
It was an adventure film aimed at a young audience. The movie had characters in it called "Wheelies" which were motorbike riding "creatures" that terrorise the children in the film while they are travelling through some sort of rock city. The only other character that I can remember is a woman who was headless, however she kept a large selection of heads which were alive without being attached to the body. She kept her heads in glass cases lining a long corridor, which was part of where she lived. The only part of the actual plot that I remember is that the children who star in the film attempt to steal a key from this headless woman and she wakes up and starts chasing them around without her head. As crazy as it sounds I hope somebody can help.....
That's definitely "Return to Oz." Weird, weird movie.