Hearts in atlantis

→ in
Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally posted by PigsnieLite
Ill see Hearts when it gets here, right now the biggie is Moulin Rouge, which I havent even seen yet. Tooly wants to see the Fast & the furious but I REALLY WANT to see the Japanese pic Battle Royale! Its about high school kids who are let loose w/ little kit bags on an island but then they have to kill each other to WIN the game. Basiclly it asks the question, Would you kill yer good mate to survive? Its an 18 though so I gotta think of ways to trick Pigsnie into taking me.
WOAH! That sounds really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really cool!!

PLite, go see Moulin Rouge! You will love it!
Even I wanted to sing out loud. I still do!!

Now With Moveable Parts
I haven't seen that movie either.Wanted too,never got around to it.I like the soundtrack.Christina Aguilara is one of my guilty pleasures...shhh.I like her music and voice.

Well I do like musicals & frilly knickers so I probably will see Moulin Rouge. But MAN, I really want to see Battle Royale becuz the battle royale is a Japanese TV game show in which this bunch of kids are left on an island like in Survivor & they have to figure out a way to survive to the end by either doin alliances or just killin each other. Pigsnie has actually seen this already but he still doesnt know if hell take me, he says it might be distrubin. HA! Anyhoo its a no one under 18 cert but he knows someone who works at the cinema.

BTW has Battle Royal come out in the US? I mean you guys do get everythin before we do.

[green]Originally posted by PigsnieLite [/green]
the battle royale is a Japanese TV game show in which this bunch of kids are left on an island like in Survivor & they have to figure out a way to survive to the end by either doin alliances or just killin each other.
Lol! They kill each ofther on Japanese game shows?? Now that I'd like to see!

My first impression of Hearts in Atlantis was a curious one the first time I saw it. The beginning of the commercial preview for Hearts in Atlantis starts out pretty mysterious, so the first time I saw it I thought they had come out with another hannibal movie again. But then it played into it and the music picked up and it turned into this happy thing. I don't plan on seeing it, but it looks like it could be alright to me.

If you are still wondering about glitter, that movie looks like it doesn't even deserve to be reviewed. I am yet to see a review that even doesn't say it is a terrible terrible film. Someone should interview mariah on how her movie is doing - she might even say it deserves to be locked away and never seen again like the movie "Steel".

I saw Hearts in Atlantis last night. I liked it a lot, but it felt kind of unfocused. There were so many things going on at once and so many different themes, it was like the entire movie was kind of fleeting. But I still liked it, the acting was good, and the cinematography was very nice (De Niro voice).

Battle Royale sounds cool. I don't think its out here yet though, at least not in DC. I hope it comes out soon.

I saw Hearts in Atlantis last night and I really really wanted to like it but there just didn't seem to be much there. The acting was fine but there was something missing from the story. A little disappointed.

Well Luck-ee 4 me I live in such remote boonies that Hearts only got here today! I wanted to see it, but what a mixed bunch of opinions -- should I or shouldn't I? What, guys.
Love,
Jozie

Jozie, a good rule of thumb is that if Sir Anthony's in it, then it's worth watching at least once.

Originally posted by Steve N.
Jozie, a good rule of thumb is that if Sir Anthony's in it, then it's worth watching at least once.
That still apply to "Instinct"?

Thank you Stephen, Thank you Chris,
You R pals.
Ever thine,
Jozie

Hey I liked Instinct it was an interesting film though the book that it was supposedly inspired byy Ishmael was much better. It wasn't really "based on" it at all......but I felt that it was a good film and a perfect role for Sir Anthony Hopkins. Sure, there are the comparisons to Gorillas in the Mist and all of that but I still think that it was a rather good film. So, yes, that does apply to Instinct for me at least!

P.S. Does anybody have any in depth thoughts on Hearts in Atlantis I read through the whole thread and very few people were actually talking about the film. Who saw it and would like to give an in depth preferably minor spoilers only review of the film? Who liked it? Who didn't? What worked and what didn't? I'm interested in seeing it and so I guess I have a vested interest in a more in depth type of review...if anybody would do that for me I'd be much obliged.