Actor that is the "Second Coming" of ...

Tools    

Normally I'd post pics but I'm on my phone, so just use your imagination.

I was watching a Michelle Pfieffer video where she was playing Catwoman, and her body language made me think of Margot Robbie playing Harley Quinn. Robbie is definitely as hot as Pfeiffer was and could probably have played all of Michelle's previous roles.

Any other "Second Comings" out there?

Normally I'd post pics but I'm on my phone, so just use your imagination.

I was watching a Michelle Pfieffer video where she was playing Catwoman, and her body language made me think of Margot Robbie playing Harley Quinn. Robbie is definitely as hot as Pfeiffer was and could probably have played all of Michelle's previous roles.

Any other "Second Comings" out there?

I guess The Rock replaced Arnold.

I remember that brief moment when some wondered if Christian Slater would prove to be the new Nicholson.
WARNING: "Come on. You already know how this turned out." spoilers below
He would NOT.

When Hunt for Red October came out it seemed that Baldwin might be the new Harrison Ford. And then he was replaced by Ford in '94.

The most obvious roles are for phenotypes. The big tank character (The Rock, Cena). The femme fatale/hot chick (aspirational eye candy). The funny fat guy. That guy who always plays the villain (e.g., Henry Silva). Central casting wants a look first and the talent second (e.g., it is assumed that you can read the lines).

It harder to think of the talent who replaces a talent. We have too many movie stars and not enough actors. The actors, the great ones, start looking singular (irreplaceable).

The truth is in here
I've never put movie stars and actors into separate categories. If I'm entertained watching a silly action movie and the actor delivers the lines memorably enough to where they get quotes all the time, then they are doing a good job at what it's set out to do.

And Bruce Willis is the best of two worlds. He will play the awesome witty action hero, but in the next turn will deliver something more subtle or emotionally complex.

If you don't know how to act, then maybe you're not a very good movie star either. Fight choreography and good looks can only go so far.

I always thought Fred Ward was like the second coming of Charles Bronson, but then he died too. Now there aren't any real men left in Hollywood, just steroids and models

I always thought Fred Ward was like the second coming of Charles Bronson, but then he died too. Now there aren't any real men left in Hollywood, just steroids and models
Fred Ward was a great comedic action-man type: Tremors, Remo Williams (not a great film, but he did a good job), Secret Admirer, The Right Stuff. He didn't do a lot of great films, but he was fun to watch.