COVID

Tools    

As for the sickness:

If you're vaccinated (particularly if you're boosted), you almost certainly do not need to be scared. Some people experience no symptoms, many people experience mild symptoms, and of the vaccinated even the really bad symptoms are, ultimately, just feeling bad for awhile and then it goes away.

When I (presumably, it was unconfirmed) got it back in August, I felt pretty bad for a day or two, then fairly crappy (but not full-on sick) for maybe another week or so. Lame, but not the sickest I've ever been or anything.

Very confused. Where is the Covid thread I began when Covid first appeared? I thought it was named Covid. Did someone say something dumb & it was deleted? @Yoda
Page 4 of this section

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Was in the hospital all yesterday afternoon feeling absolute crap. This began on Friday with a wicked sore throat. Finally diagnosed with bronchitis.

Hospital called today - I have Covid.

Have to quarantine for 5 days & then see my own internist. Worse case scenario he sends me back to the hospital.

This is what happens when I don’t wear a mask except in a medical situation.

Terrified I will give it to husband. He’s going to see my internist & get tested.

Anyone here who’s had Covid & can tell me his/her experience?

Frightened now.

We weren't tested for Covid, but Hubby and I think we might have had it after we went to a friend's wedding in May. We found out a couple of days after the wedding that both the bride and groom tested positive for Covid. Hubby and I both basically felt like we had a bad cold for a few days, but Hubby stayed home from work for a few days just in case.

If you're vaccinated, you should be okay in a few days, so you don't need to be as scared as you sound. The doctors know a lot more about it now, so it's not as bad as it was when the pandemic first started a couple of years ago.

Could be husband. Gonna get himself tested. Funny, always thought he would bring it home because he’s not careful like me.

Main reason I caught it is not wearing a mask at church, etc. This is all going to change. Pulled out my bag of masks & will wear one everywhere now.

Thanks for responding. Appreciate it.

Several states, (including New York), now have mask recommendations again, but I don't think any states are requiring them again.

Hubby and I never stopped wearing our masks while we're out, but unfortunately we couldn't wear them while eating at the wedding, and that's the only place where we think we might have gotten Covid.

I'm sorry you're ill and feeling scared.

At the end of October I had a bad headache one day. The headache kept me up late, and around 3am I realized I would be way too tired and grouchy to teach, so I called in sick. The next morning I took an Asprin (DUH!!!) for the headache and it went away. I felt normal and was ready to go back to work the next day. I was texting with my sister and she said, "But you did a COVID test, right?" I was like "Pffft! For a little headache?" And she was like "", so I did the test and that little test stripe lit up like a firework.

I had very mild symptoms (and if I didn't know I had COVID, I wouldn't have called a mild runny nose a "symptom" because I always get a little stuffy in the fall).

The biggest issue I had was for several weeks after, despite my case being super mild, I had some trouble with endurance during workouts. Like, even 20 minutes of walking would make me feel winded, and I would get lightheaded if I tried to do more strenuous things like weightlifting or moving fast for any sustained period of time. A trainer from the gym were I workout texted because she was worried about not seeing me for several weeks, and she said a lot of gymgoers have been struggling with getting back that breath. I've been working my way back up to longer workouts (I can do over an hour of moderately-paced walking now without getting out of breath). That was the most frustrating part. I never really felt "sick", and yet I had these echoes of it for weeks and weeks after.

I don't know what (if any) risk factors you have. But I'm glad you're being treated and are actively under the care of a physician as well as your husband. There are anti-viral interventions at this point--don't know if those have been suggested to you.

I hope that you are on the mend. I'm sure you have some nervous feelings because it's a new, unknown experience. Even though I had a super mild case, I remember feeling scared and also incredibly anxious about how many people I'd possibly exposed prior to having my headache.
If I hadn’t been at the hospital on Xmas Day (bronchitis) I would never have known I have Covid. Annual physical 2 weeks ago. Final booster shot October 13. I was beyond shocked when the call nurse said I have it.

When I did an in-house test for fun last night my test strip lit up like a rocket like yours did. I didn’t have to wait at all! Kinda fun to see that.

I have no risk factors. 100% healthy according to internist, all due to walking for 2 hours a day which he says is the cause of my excellent health. I think my issue when I get back to exercise is being light-headed & puffing a bit. I deal with this a little as it is.

Taking one day at a time. Isolation ends through Friday so I might try to get outside on Tuesday. I desperately miss my outdoor cats (husband has to do all the work with them now & it’s a lot). I especially miss my little guy Calyx. Then on Jan 6 I have follow up with internist & hope I will be symptomless.

Thanks so much for replying!

I don’t want to be morbid, but, it’s hard to get my head around the fact that I now have the virus that has killed over one million Americans. And 102 million Americans now have Covid & we’re the number one country in the world for this.

Very confused. Where is the Covid thread I began when Covid first appeared? I thought it was named Covid. Did someone say something dumb & it was deleted? @Yoda
Here’s the stupid thread! It’s called Coronavirus. Never mind.
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...61075&page=180

I have no risk factors. 100% healthy according to internist, all due to walking for 2 hours a day which he says is the cause of my excellent health. I think my issue when I get back to exercise is being light-headed & puffing a bit. I deal with this a little as it is.

Taking one day at a time. Isolation ends through Friday so I might try to get outside on Tuesday. I desperately miss my outdoor cats (husband has to do all the work with them now & it’s a lot). I especially miss my little guy Calyx. Then on Jan 6 I have follow up with internist & hope I will be symptomless.
Glad it sounds like you are weathering this okay! I'm so sorry about the bronchitis!

We weren't tested for Covid, but Hubby and I think we might have had it after we went to a friend's wedding in May. We found out a couple of days after the wedding that both the bride and groom tested positive for Covid. Hubby and I both basically felt like we had a bad cold for a few days, but Hubby stayed home from work for a few days just in case.

If you're vaccinated, you should be okay in a few days, so you don't need to be as scared as you sound. The doctors know a lot more about it now, so it's not as bad as it was when the pandemic first started a couple of years ago.

The bride & groom both have it? Jesus, some wedding gift.

You’re so right, I do feel it’s better to have it two years later than be one of the unfortunates who had it first.

Trying hard to think where I got it. (Could be husband, hasn’t been tested.) Could be church though a lot of them are elderly & always masked, as shall I be in the future. Thinking it likely it’s Dunkin Donuts where I go every day for a sit-down coffee & snack. I usually have to wipe the table (bleach wipes in future) & there are a good number of “undesirables” inside begging for money & whatever. If I had to guess, I wouldn’t be surprised if I caught it there. I really don’t mix with many people & then it’s when I’m outside on my daily walk.

Memo to self: buy hand sanitizer!

Glad it sounds like you are weathering this okay! I'm so sorry about the bronchitis!
Prednisone for throat that was very sore. Lidocaine gargle for this too. Wish I had prescription cough medicine. All night coughing. Where’s cortisol when you need it.

The bride & groom both have it? Jesus, some wedding gift.

You’re so right, I do feel it’s better to have it two years later than be one of the unfortunates who had it first.

Trying hard to think where I got it. (Could be husband, hasn’t been tested.) Could be church though a lot of them are elderly & always masked, as shall I be in the future. Thinking it likely it’s Dunkin Donuts where I go every day for a sit-down coffee & snack. I usually have to wipe the table (bleach wipes in future) & there are a good number of “undesirables” inside begging for money & whatever. If I had to guess, I wouldn’t be surprised if I caught it there. I really don’t mix with many people & then it’s when I’m outside on my daily walk.

Memo to self: buy hand sanitizer!

A few months ago, when people started to think that the pandemic was over, Walmart put all of the small (carry size) packs of sanitizing wipes on clearance for 25 cents or less. Hubby and I bought all of them that we could find in several Walmart stores. (Hundreds of packs.) We bring them with us everywhere, and we use them all the time.

We also bring a bottle of Lysol so we can clean the shopping carts, (not just the handles, but the whole shopping cart), and anything else that we need it for.

We never stopped wearing our masks in public, and we're still not taking any chances.

Don't forget you can still catch it even if you wear a mask.

Well, waiting for a relative who has come to visit for Christmas to take a test... he forgot to take one before he visited and has only just told us now after about six days and he's been coughing and sniffling all week...

I've had a slight sore feeling in my throat since yesterday but I sometimes get that around 'that time of the month', so will see.

Hopefully he's got a slight cold. Sigh...

A system of cells interlinked
My family has just gotten over it, we had it mid-month in December. With my wife being a preschool teacher and my daughter attending said preschool, I am surprised it took so long for us to contract it. Both my wife and daughter had been tagged as close contacts over a dozen times in the past 6 months, so much so, that we just sort of started ignoring the warnings, wondering if we were immune or something. Nope - it finally tracked us down, and really, it was two days of sick-in-bed sort of symptoms, and then lots of lying about the house watching films etc. Both our employers insisted we quarantine for an entire work week but we were up and around after a few days.

For the record, my wife and I were both vaccinated initially, neither of us got boosters, and my preschooler was not vaccinated. Preschooler tested positive but was asymptomatic the entire time, and a real handful to take care of, as we had no energy for the first few days.

Certainly not the sickest I have ever been by a long shot. Glad to have gotten it now and to have that natural immunity now.

Glad you are feeling better!

A few months ago, when people started to think that the pandemic was over, Walmart put all of the small (carry size) packs of sanitizing wipes on clearance for 25 cents or less. Hubby and I bought all of them that we could find in several Walmart stores. (Hundreds of packs.) We bring them with us everywhere, and we use them all the time.

We also bring a bottle of Lysol so we can clean the shopping carts, (not just the handles, but the whole shopping cart), and anything else that we need it for.

We never stopped wearing our masks in public, and we're still not taking any chances.
I remember you telling me about all this.

Me, on the other hand, let my hand sani run out & I never used Clorox wipes at Dunkin to wipe my table.

Don't forget you can still catch it even if you wear a mask.

Well, waiting for a relative who has come to visit for Christmas to take a test... he forgot to take one before he visited and has only just told us now after about six days and he's been coughing and sniffling all week...

I've had a slight sore feeling in my throat since yesterday but I sometimes get that around 'that time of the month', so will see.

Hopefully he's got a slight cold. Sigh...
My little dramas always start with the dreaded sore throat. Mine came in like a rocket as per usual & got to the point I couldn’t swallow. Sent husband out for cranberry & orange juices. Sore throat so bad the juices burned my throat even more due to the citrus. That shows how bad my threat was. Prednisone so effective, but I wish hospital had prescribed cough medicine for the night coughing.

it was two days of sick-in-bed sort of symptoms, and then lots of lying about the house watching films etc.
I’m not minding my quarantine at all except for the fact I can’t have my daily walk. Tomorrow is last day of Q, but too early to get outside again. Next week for sure unless I test positive again.

I’m watching lots of movies & tv.

A system of cells interlinked

I’m not minding my quarantine at all except for the fact I can’t have my daily walk. Tomorrow is last day of Q, but too early to get outside again. Next week for sure unless I test positive again.

I’m watching lots of movies & tv.
Keep in mind, there are documented cases of people testing positive for up to 90 days after contracting COVID, but not being contagious or sick. It's rare, but it happens. The current CDC recommendation is to return to regular life 5 days after symptom onset. That seemed a tad short for me, so I went 7 before I started interacting with people again. However, I went on walks outside as soon as I felt better, being careful to not get close to anyone.

Keep in mind, there are documented cases of people testing positive for up to 90 days after contracting COVID, but not being contagious or sick. It's rare, but it happens. The current CDC recommendation is to return to regular life 5 days after symptom onset. That seemed a tad short for me, so I went 7 before I started interacting with people again. However, I went on walks outside as soon as I felt better, being careful to not get close to anyone.
I have a follow up with internist Friday, January 6. Mainly because I don’t want to schlepp around town looking for a Covid test. (Hard to believe here what a time-suck it could be.) So I meet with him, he gives me a test & then his office calls with result. Will be mightily disappointed if I still have it, but will deal with it.

Five does seem short to me too. I’ll be busy NY Day so no walking that day. Might just stay inside until the 7th. I so miss my daily walks for my mental stability.

Two years later & Covid finally got me!

I have a follow up with internist Friday, January 6. Mainly because I don’t want to schlepp around town looking for a Covid test. (Hard to believe here what a time-suck it could be.) So I meet with him, he gives me a test & then his office calls with result. Will be mightily disappointed if I still have it, but will deal with it.

Five does seem short to me too. I’ll be busy NY Day so no walking that day. Might just stay inside until the 7th. I so miss my daily walks for my mental stability.

Two years later & Covid finally got me!
Make that three years later.

Had a pcr test in internist’s office. They will call with result on Monday or thereabouts.

Just for fun did my final at-home Covid test that Biden had sent out. Test was definitely negative.