Trivial thing you've wondered about

Tools    

Boldly going.
Here's an example:

Ghostbusters

After the Ghostbusters saved the world, did the university that fired them offer an apology?

Did the Ghostbusters go back to the public library and catch the ghost librarian? Was she in the proper lady form when they caught her, or in the troll form?

What was Slimer in his previous life? Why does he resemble more the ghost in the GB symbol than the other ghosts? What happened to his legs?

Was Dana's apartment rebuilt and resold afterwards? Was it discounted, perhaps?

In the cartoon, why did they change Egon's hair to blond?

Why didn't the GB have counseling services? Surely this would also be an in-demand service and after catching the ghosts they would have earned the customer's trust. They could have had an in-staff counselor.

On a slightly more serious note, why did the filmmakers decide to leave in the "oral scene"? If there's one scene that mothers always complain about, it's this one. It's not like the scene needed to be there. I listened to the commentary, and they said it had initially been a longer scene, with the GB capturing a ghost in a historical fort, and this explains why Ray is wearing a historical soldier's uniform in the dream. I guess they felt like they'd put so much effort into the scene that they should keep some of it in.

Still one of my favourite movies.

Even as a kid it struck me as odd that they made such big changes to the appearance of the characters for the cartoon. I imagine that the actors in question hadn't agreed to licence their image beyond the film so the makers of the cartoon did it that way instead. They seemed to make Peter more good-looking, Winston a thinner build and Ray more overweight . Egon kind of looked like Elvis if he hadn't dyed his hair black .

One thing I like is that Lorenzo Music was initially doing the voice for Peter Venkman. A decent vocal similarity to Bill Murray, and it's a great tie-in that Murray later voiced Garfield, just as Music had done in the cartoons years earlier.

On a slightly more serious note, why did the filmmakers decide to leave in the "oral scene"?
You can really call that a joke for adults that is only going to be a vague thing for young kids.

Here's an example:

Ghostbusters

After the Ghostbusters saved the world, did the university that fired them offer an apology?

Did the Ghostbusters go back to the public library and catch the ghost librarian? Was she in the proper lady form when they caught her, or in the troll form?

What was Slimer in his previous life? Why does he resemble more the ghost in the GB symbol than the other ghosts? What happened to his legs?

Why didn't the GB have counseling services? Surely this would also be an in-demand service and after catching the ghosts they would have earned the customer's trust. They could have had an in-staff counselor.

On a slightly more serious note, why did the filmmakers decide to leave in the "oral scene"? If there's one scene that mothers always complain about, it's this one. It's not like the scene needed to be there. I listened to the commentary, and they said it had initially been a longer scene, with the GB capturing a ghost in a historical fort, and this explains why Ray is wearing a historical soldier's uniform in the dream. I guess they felt like they'd put so much effort into the scene that they should keep some of it in.

Still one of my favourite movies.

I can answer a couple of these

Slimer was the ghost of John Belushi. Or at least, he was Aykroyd's homage to John Belushi.
Belushi was going to play Peter Venkman, but died before the movie even got off the ground.

Egon's hair, along with all the other Ghostbusters, were changed in the cartoon because they didn't have licensing to use actual likenesses.

Also, with Slimer:
Considering Slimer wantonly attacks Bill Murray's Peter after Ray insults him over the walkie-talkie, and even in the cartoons Slimer has an affinity for sliming Peter... might be a funny in-joke at Belushi's character being played by someone else, and Aykroyd insulting Belushi's new character.

Also, think about the cartoons... Ray and Slimer are best pals.

Slimer was the ghost of John Belushi. Or at least, he was Aykroyd's homage to John Belushi.
Belushi was going to play Peter Venkman, but died before the movie even got off the ground.
I didn't know that – I loved Slimer .

I got one tbh that always does my head in...

In Gremlins, Billy goes to the Sheriff to tell him about the monsters... he even shows Gizmo to them

All they do is laugh and take the piss out of Billy.

Well, considering in an earlier scene, the science teacher at the school was killed and mutilated by a Gremlin... why doesn't Billy tell the Sheriff about that?
Surely the possibility of a dead body is enough to warrant an investigation... and, upon going to the school and finding the teacher's body, the Sheriff would have to take Billy seriously.

Dumbo Billy just completely disregards this fact... and tries to win the Sheriff over by saying "They wreck things".

Welcome to the human race...
Not sure how seriously you'd actually want these to be answered, but...

If the fact that they are universally treated as frauds at the start of the sequel is any indication, chances are that they didn't. Now that I think about it, who else would want to discredit them so badly?

Sure why not.

It's a building that was literally designed from the ground up by a crazy cultist to serve as a focal point for pure evil, which naturally means that it got turned into Trump Tower (heyo).

Not really. Everyone adjusts to the whole idea of ghosts existing quickly enough that the Ghostbusters essentially become glorified exterminators who just show up to catch the ghosts (who are generally more of a nuisance to people than anything else).

I like how this is your serious note - and I'd say it's because they're pervy dumbasses who weren't 100% sure what kind of audience they were aiming for.