The 6th Hall Of Fame

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
I took a gamble and it definitely didn't pay off.
You did the right thing. Nothing wrong with nominating something you love, even if it's a massive underdog. Guap does it every time almost, and I admire that.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Nobody really hated it, though, they just didn't like it enough to place it very high. Even if everybody nominated movies everybody else loved, something would have to come last.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I think it's my second 3rd place. I wasn't expecting Fail Safe to be so high and I'm happy it might be in the 60s list.

You did the right thing. Nothing wrong with nominating something you love, even if it's a massive underdog. Guap does it every time almost, and I admire that.
Though I have learned now that most anime is simply not for most people who participate in these activities, in fact, it's something that is obvious from the types of people here and I was really moronic to not understand that before. It was like when I was in high school and played metal out on parties and everybody left and I didn't understand why.

Though, Tale of Princess Kaguya, the last one I nominated, is pretty "safe" in that sense, considering how well received among regular american movie critics it was (100% fresh on RT), so it's supposedly "safe". However, it's now obvious that enjoying any "otaku" stuff is out of question for most people here (K-On! for instance is a quintessential otaku anime).

The reason why I though movie fans would appreciate animation (in general and not just Hollywood family movies) is that animation is also part of cinema. That also applies to anime series as well, because directors of such series consider their work film, such as Miyazaki and Takahata when they were making Heidi in the 1970's or Hideaki Anno when he was making EVA in the 1990's. Though one thing I learned is that a fan of live action Hollywood movies would actually appreciate anime less than the average person would, perhaps because experience with one medium makes a person less open to a different approach regarding art. Also one of the reasons why anime fans are younger than the population in general is because younger people are more open minded and have accumulated less bias inducing experience than older people.