Golden Globe 2015 Winners List

Tools    

I'm happy J.K Simmons win for Best Supporting Actor (Whiplash) because he really deserved it but I'll love to see Ed Norton winning is 2nd Second Golden Globes as Best Supporting actor tho...

Now that the film has become more mainstream people seem to brush off the twelve year thing like its nothing. Its easy thinking of an idea like that, but actually doing it is very difficult. Making a film for 12 years, even though it was filmed in little sessions each year, is a damn impressive feat. That amount of commitment is incredible. Also so many things could have gone wrong, like worst case scenario a lead actor could die or become serious ill half way through. The fact that this film was actually made is a miracle. It may not be perfect, which it isn't at all. But each film has its own little thing, and this film has something very special to it.
People rave a lot about the 12 year thing, but sit down and actually think about it. What kind of ****ing maniac would make this film? Potentially wasting 12 years on a ****** boring film. But... Somehow the film worked, not perfectly, but it worked. I for one think Linklater, and everyone else on the project should be applauded for that.
Let me put it this way, if one day you watched the film without knowing anything about it or without being aware of the whole twelve years thing beforehand, would you think so highly of the film? I don't think so.

I don't care if the director spent over a decade with the project if I'm not satisfied with the end product. Long story short, Boyhood doesn't warrant its three hour runtime. It's just really mediocre and if it wins Best Picture we'll probably have the worst film to win since Crash.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
12 Years A Slave was definitely not the best movie of 2013, but at least they didn't give the Oscar to American Hustle.
Oh please.

More Hustle bashing.

Gooble gobble, one of us!
Let me put it this way, if one day you watched the film without knowing anything about it or without being aware of the whole twelve years thing beforehand, would you think so highly of the film? I don't think so.

I don't care if the director spent over a decade with the project if I'm not satisfied with the end product. Long story short, Boyhood doesn't warrant its three hour runtime. It's just really mediocre and if it wins Best Picture we'll probably have the worst film to win since Crash.
Well I don't think it should win best picture either, however I think Linklater probably will win best director. I'm not a super fanboy of the film, it isn't even on my top 10 for this year. I just think its easy to trash the film for its simplicity, and I think its a quite brilliant film.

And if I didn't know about the 12 year old thing, I know what you mean. But I mean I wouldn't not know, you see the characters age, right? However I do think a lot of the praise of the film goes to the 12 year old thing, and yeah without that the film wouldn't have the same charm. I guess in the end it comes down to preference whether you like or dislike the film. But I don't think its fair calling it a bad or mediocre film. Its slow paced and very simple, but that is exactly what the film intends to be.

Keep dreaming.

Want to know what really sucks? The Master
I'm not a fan of the movie, either. The performances were fantastic, but the whole package not so much.

Atleast Amy Adams was pretty hot in that.
Meh. Everytime i see her I only picture her dorky brace-faced "Brenda" from Catch Me If You Can or else "Giselle" from Enchanted. Nothing against her as an actress, but I would never apply the word "hot" to Amy Adams.

I'm not a fan of the movie, either. The performances were fantastic, but the whole package not so much.
The first time I saw The Master my reaction was this:

But when I saw it the second time my reaction was this:

but but but BUUUUT! My third time watching it my reaction was this:

The film gets better with each watching, trust me.

The film gets better with each watching, trust me.
No, it doesn't. Saw it at the theater, didn't like it. Bought the DVD and watched it again, still didn't like it. Have watched it at least two more times since then, still don't like it.

Meh. Everytime i see her I only picture her dorky brace-faced "Brenda" from Catch Me If You Can or else "Giselle" from Enchanted. Nothing against her as an actress, but I would never apply the word "hot" to Amy Adams.
Dude stop, don't tell me you don't want none of this!