Simseboy's Top 50 Films

→ in
Tools    

Gooble gobble, one of us!
27) Paths of Glory (1957)

The ending always makes me cry.

I love Kubrick, and you'll see more on the list. There just isn't anything quite like his films.

26) Once Upon a Time in America (1984)

One of the greatest gangster films, but I see it more as a film about people, than gangsters. You'll laugh and cry, it's just a great film. Sergio Leone did a great job with his last film, I just wish he had made more.

The Exorcist is a big favorite of mine and I really liked A Streetcar Named Desire.

It's would seem to be an oddity, but I did not like Once Upon a Time in America.

Paths of Glory is high on my watchlist.

24) The Shining (1980)

"You've always been the caretaker."

The reason why i keep watching this film again and again is because of the style, the story and Jack Nicholson.

I was starting to worry. Then you put The Shining up there and it's all OK again. I hate that film. You'll be fine here.

22) Modern Times (1936)

In my humble opinion this will always be the high point of silent cinema, it just doesn't get much better.

The end of silent cinema.

21) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)

The very best of westerns, but Ennio Morricone deserves a lot of the admiration, he made the dollars trilogy in to something very special.

R.I.P Eli Wallach my dear friend, you will not be forgotton.

20) Psycho (1960)

The story behind the film almost makes it better, but regardless it's just a great film. Hitchcock knew how to play his audience.

19) Rosemary's baby (1968)

I'm just on the edge of my seat during the whole film, everytime. Polanski did a fantastic job with this film, just wish I could've been there when it came out, it must have been glorious!

16) Taxi Driver (1976)

It's just a classic, who doesn't love this film? You could argue that's overrated, but it definitely deserves all the praise.