Fifty Shades of Grey

Tools    

What's safe word do you and Captain use?
"Glug... glug... glug...."

It's easy to remember -- he says the same thing when we're doing S&M in the bathtub. That's how I know I need to pull him out of there before it's too late.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
What's your safe word? "Oh, no, you dint!"?

I don't think women should join the military. Even during the 50s, everybody knew that women who went into the Army, were going to be told and ordered to have sex with anybody that wanted it. It was a big fat joke! Any women who joined the Army were really stupid! And I knew some of them and, they were. Nobody in their right mind who's a woman would ever join the military. Especially not now. It's gotten a lot worse, because now they will take any guy, any guys at all, no matter how criminal or crazy or murderess, they'll take him into the military. So you can imagine how bad it would be for young women trying to join the military.

Where do I start...

You were actually on a topic for a legitimate concern the military has. That issue being rape and it's reporting. The big issue with this is that rape incidents are first reported and investigated within the chain of command. Meaning they are not first looked at through an independent investigative agency. So if the offender is high up, he could be investigating himself, thus making reporting pointless. In addition there have been instances of high up NCOs targeting the "sh*tbag" female soldiers for rape,making a legitimate reporting of an actual crime look like a problem soldier trying to make trouble. These are legitimate concerns the military is addressing.

But then you derailed your argument with statement's like all women who join the military are dumb. I know of a female Brigadier General with a PhD who spoke at my college graduation and have met female soldiers in my time in the service who were good soldiers and knew what they were doing.

And your statement of "they let anyone into the military" is ridiculous. If they have a criminal record with a felony you can't serve. If you have a record of family violence you can't serve. Gang affiliations are a no go, and they have also gotten a lot more strict with the tattoo policy. Now standards were lowered during one point of the Iraq War, but they have discontinued those practices.

You were doing fine for a bit, then your argument went to s**t. Better luck next time.

What's your safe word? "Oh, no, you dint!"?
No, my safe word is Miss Vicky.

They know I mean business when I say that name!

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
And your statement of "they let anyone into the military" is ridiculous. If they have a criminal record with a felony you can't serve. If you have a record of family violence you can't serve. Gang affiliations are a no go, and they have also gotten a lot more strict with the tattoo policy. Now standards were lowered during one point of the Iraq War, but they have discontinued those practices.
I think when the two Mideast wars were being fought the Armed Forces were in need of bodies and the standards dropped.

hey, I hate to tell you this,but there is a major upheaval in coed colleges, around the subject of women getting raped at them. It is a big deal, and it's going federal government! Reason being, coed college campuses are so dangerous for women now, that there is constantly attempted rape or rape, and a lot of the times the colleges don't report it or take it seriously. They are trying to blame the women for it. Probably just for being on a campus with men! So you can't really say that this is NOT going on in our society because it is. SORRY, I don't think you can avoid it that easily.
Unless you're talking about "Bob Jones University" then that's just paranoia, and not true at all - statistically you're more likely to be victim of a deadly car accident than a victim of rape. Just because "it exists" doesn't mean it's happening on any significant enough scale to "live in fear of", or that it's part of some 'grand conspiracy'.

The media just airs these shocking tabloid stories for ratings and fosters an attitude of paranoia among the masses. This is why people are 'afraid of serial killers' even though winning the lottery is statistically more likely than meeting one in person.

Also, since women have joined all the military THAT SUBJECT has gotten really bad in that category. Apparently women are not safe to join the military, and fight side-by-side with men. There have been too many cases of sexual assault by their superiors, or by their colleagues, it's getting ridiculous. It is happening in the military ALL THE TIME!
Give me some statistics please - finding some hyperbolic tabloid story on the internet doesn't mean it's happening "all the time".

I don't think women should join the military. Even during the 50s, everybody knew that women who went into the Army, were going to be told and ordered to have sex with anybody that wanted it. It was a big fat joke! Any women who joined the Army were really stupid! And I knew some of them and, they were. Nobody in their right mind who's a woman would ever join the military. Especially not now. It's gotten a lot worse, because now they will take any guy, any guys at all, no matter how criminal or crazy or murderess, they'll take him into the military. So you can imagine how bad it would be for young women trying to join the military.
That's not much different than saying "Black shouldn't be in the military (because they might be victim to racism).

I don't think you can blame all the male – Army– guys' bad behavior on the women's military uniforms, fellow!NO WAY. Did you know that if you go to an Arabic country, in the Middle East, and you are a female, (no matter who you are) you cannot go out walking alone by yourself and not get sexually molested by somebody. That's the truth, I know women who used to live over there.women in the Middle East have to completely cover themselves up, and if they go out of the house anywhere, they have to go in solid groups. They are not safe going out one at a time.
You're comparing strict Islamic countries with the West now.

Fellows, the world is not a safe place, especially for women and I don't know where you got that idea in the first place.women all different kinds even old women, or little girls get raped or sexually assaulted every single day. And it's not because they're wearing something daring!
Your paranoia is showing. I think someone who's is probably way more psychologically unhealthy than someone who dares to leave the house on occasion even taking that risk.

The only way to be "safe" by this standard would be to live in an underground bunker isolated from everyone - but what a miserable life that would be.

Whelp this thread's dead, but the verdict stands. The film made over $520,000,000 at the box office on a $40 million budget - outgrossing films like The Lego Movie and American Sniper by a good margin. And 3 more films to come, which will likely turn a decent profit as well.

Heck with the gross they made, they could make 10 more of these films on the same budget - and still maintain a huge profit margin even if every single one of those 10 other films grossed $0 - think about that for a minute

So it's good guys - 1, PC/Religious police - 0

The non-controversy probably helped its success if anything. Much like the censorship attempts on The Interview helped it to break the streaming box office even after being yanked from theaters.

The film's box office gross is not a "verdict" about anything that was actually argued in this thread, that I can see. It doesn't speak to whether or not the film is good, bad, dangerous, benign, or anything else of the sort.

"Fifty Shades of Grey" is far from the worst movie of 2015 as most people say for reason being:
a) it is fashionable to trash the movie
b) the movie is popular with 200 000 votes on IMDB and it is among top 20 most profitable movies of the year.

Few worse movies I've seen in 2015: "Hot Pursuit", "Return to Sender", "No Escape". And surely there are plenty worse I haven't seen.

"Fifty Shades of Grey" was done professionally at the very least.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
b) the movie is popular with 200 000 votes on IMDB and it is among top 20 most profitable movies of the year.
Popularity = quality?

Popularity = quality?
Popularity = backlash

Worst movies usually are unpopular. Nobody wants to watch them and if they do, they spread the word it was bad and prevent more people watching it.

Apart from "Twilight" fan base, many people wanted to see sex in "Fifty Shades of Grey", people were curious even after they had heard the movie was bad. But I say, it's far from the worst.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Popularity = backlash

Worst movies usually are unpopular. Nobody wants to watch them and if they do, they spread the word it was bad and prevent more people watching it.

Apart from "Twilight" fan base, many people wanted to see sex in "Fifty Shades of Grey", people were curious even after they had heard the movie was bad. But I say, it's far from the worst.
People watched two girls one cup when it first appeared, people wanna know, it's in their nature. Dose not deny how bad the movie is, maybe not this one,but in general. I can agree on the last part, there have been worst ones.

50 Shades was s**t, is s**t, and started as a Twilight fanfiction, so it will always be s**t. the writing sucked, the dialogue was goofy, but at least it was shot fairly well.

That being said, I still have Terminator Genisys as the worst film of 2015 that I saw. But 50 Shades is right there near the bottom. Right underneath Paul Blart 2 and Kung Fury.

it was last valentine's great treat if there is a sequel this year it will be best.