Happy Anniversary Tacitus!

Tools    

Happy 5th Tatty!

I'm too tired to say something really cutsie...
but you know I love ya and am happy you're here.
You're one of the reasons MoFo is my home on the net...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Happy 5th dude!!!

Not sure how this really applies to your anniversary here at the MoFo, but you know...

The People's Republic of Clogher
Thanks everyone!

I was in a weird place when I joined MoFo - My marriage had collapsed and my health was starting to muck me around something rotten, so much so that bills weren't being paid and I was in danger of going under. In more ways than one.

This place and all you wonderful human beings helped, in ways more than a lot of you realise: some small and some not so small, me to see the good in people again.

I still don't feel that comfortable talking about myself in public but let me just say that the last 5 years here have been an absolute joy, especially when you consider that my first love is music.

I've been a member of quite a few messageboards over the years but only one has the bond which makes it a real, living community. This one.

Thanks Chris for being the best benevolent dictator since ... well ... that guy.

Thanks Cait - love ya!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Happy Anniversary mate glad that your around here you give great advise

Welcome to the human race...
Weird, now that I think about it - you joined up after I did but I have to admit (and this is going to sound a little weird and cheesy of me) but I've admired your work on MoFo. Everything from the reviews and Movie Clubs to the quirky little jokes you throw into every post - basically you're the sort of well-rounded person I would aspire to be and probably have ended up becoming.

Sounds kinda mawkish, but I don't really care. It's been great having you around.

Shucks. Thanks Iro.

I know I've told you in private but I think you're the best writer on this site at the moment but before this becomes an exercise in back-slappery I need to make that public.

I'm only well-rounded because I've f*cked up to an amazing degree in the past and am determined to keep biting that cherry. It's like a computer game with autosave.

...Actually, it's nothing like a computer game with autosave but I've never seen any point in playing on the Easy level. /stops digging

Welcome to the human race...
Ah, videogames as an analogy for life - that deserves a thread all by itself. If The Sims has taught us anything (and it's taught us quite a bit - again, another thread) it's that life doesn't have difficulty levels - it's only ever as difficult as it has opts to be (even more so, considering the whole "swimming pool ladder" debacle.)

But yeah, "biting the cherry"? I don't get that one.

"Getting another bite at the cherry"?

The only thing I ever did in The Sims which caused me amusement was bricking up the bathroom with a Sim in it, then deleting the toilet. We all have our cross to bear.

A system of cells interlinked
Happy Fifth, Taccy!