What movies are these?

Tools    

Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?
Ok, first one is a fairly modern film I think. All I remember is that the main female lead role, likes Nina Simone. She has a poster and she frequently mentions Nina Simone throughout the film.

I think because her dead mother gave her an album or something.

Next one is a film, err I can't really remember what happens apart from at the end where he (the lead role) finally meets this singer (blues maybe) and gets his autograph to finish his dead fathers collection.

TIA

Originally Posted by DVDGUY
Ok, first one is a fairly modern film I think. All I remember is that the main female lead role, likes Nina Simone. She has a poster and she frequently mentions Nina Simone throughout the film.

POINT OF NO RETURN
1993 - John Badham

Point of No Return (1993), the Americanized re-make of la Femme Nikita, starring Bridget Fonda, Gabriel Byrne, Dermot Mulroney, Anne Bancroft and Harvey Keitel. Not very good, especially in comparison to Luc Besson's original. About the only original thing they added for the re-make was the interest in Nina Simone.

Don't know the other.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

reservoir dogs circa 1881
it was called the assassin in the uk and i agree anne parillaud is much better

Damn, I usually miss the movies I know.

It's funny, but I avoided this film for a very long time. Mainly because she didn't look intimidating enough, to pull off that part. In my opinion, that is. Ends up, she did OK. It's a decent enough movie.

Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?
Ah yes. Now I remember. I have both lurking on my PC. Had to do a presentation comparing them for University.

Yes. Point of no Return is horrible. When they tongue with the pasta..urgh.

Now what about the 2nd film I mentioned?