Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Breaking the Waves and Dancer in the Dark are his 2 best in my opinion. Hope you dig them.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The movie wasn't bad because Johnny was an a$$hole. One minute, some guy is raping someone, and they coincide together real stupidly. Anyone can make a movie with people spouting out many quotes who have been told thinkers before, that's another way to mug the audience to make it more important than it is.

There were too many scenes or lines that didn't affect the film, and wasn't interesting. It had it's moments, and it didn't make me feel they were lonely. Just nuts...

Places in the Heart - 6/10

I saw this film a while ago, but wasn't sure if I saw it all. Good enjoyable movie.

There isn't a movie I don't like Sally Field; she's always sweet, even when she is being mean. Maybe her eyes have a lot of heart, her smile.

I think he's talented and fascinating, just haven't connected yet.
Melancholia was a good start, it's probably his most accessable film. But Nymphomaniac is the one you should see last imo. Or at least not until you are very familiar with his work. It contains thousands of references to previous films, and it is pretty much his magnum opus in my opinion.

But yeah, with Trier films you really have to surrender to whatever might happen. You gotta have the right mindset, if not, you will be taken completely out of the movie. Anyways, I hope you connect with his work some day, cricket.

Birdman of Alcatraz (1962) - 10/10

I thought after the second time, I'd find something I didn't like. Nope. This movie is just plain great on so many levels. I almost wanna watch Nashville and other favorites to make sure my Top 10 is accurate.

The Manchurian Candidate (1962) -- 7/10

I watched this one other time when I was 17 (almost 16 years ago), Really good film, but I've had enough of cold war films.

I might have only watched it back then because it was "banned" or taken out of certain circulation by Sinatra. I thought I read it was banned until 1980, but this might have been another country, and I remember it was advertised as being so similar to the JFK assassination (it isn't).

Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird (Ken Kwapis, 1985)

This was a forgotten favorite from my childhood. It's been probably 25 years since I last watched it and I thought I'd probably hate it - but I was wrong! It's so silly and full of ridiculous but amusing puns. It's also surprisingly emotional. More surprising was that I actually liked most of the songs.

Especially this one:

+

I loved Follow That Bird as a kid. I used to watch it all the time.

Rewatch. Good film and broke down many barriers.

7/10

I couldn't get into this. Found it quite boring.

Nymphomaniac: Vol. 1 (2013)

My 3rd movie from this director after Antichrist and Melancholia, and I feel similar about all of them-flashes of brilliance, very good acting, and a few dull spots. Lars Von Trier is such a talented filmmaker, but I often get the feeling that he's more interested in himself than he is the audience. I was planning on watching Vol. II today but I think I'll pass. I still want to see Von Trier's Breaking the Waves and Dancer in the Dark.

Rewatch (20th probably)

Holds up as one of the greatest adventure movies of all time. I am surprised at how well the visuals hold up. It was fun to see my two boys respond to the same things I always have. The opening scene, the fight at the plane, the truck chase, and even Jones using his gun against the show off. Great viewing experience for me. I love seeing movies for the first time with my kids. They loved it so much we are going straight into The Temple Of Doom. They survived melting faces now we will see how they do with heart removal. I will mange to traumatize them yet.

Have they seen the glory of the original Star Wars trilogy yet, Sean?

Yeah we went through a period very early when I showed them to them a lot. They don't like to put them in anymore. They are excited for the new one. Avengers too. I am making them into nerds very young.

Oh yeah, I regret to inform you Phantom Menace is probably their favorite. No father of the year award for me.

It's only logical. I also liked the prequels better when I was younger.
They definitely have more of a cartoon feel. I wasn't young when they came out but I also don't hate them like everybody else. I do recognize that is because I am a fan boy and not because they are actually good. So no death threats please.