How To Rob A Bank?

Tools    

Which movie do u think portrays how a real bank robbery would realisticly work? and of course.....why?:

MOST REALISTIC: Heat (1995), 'cause when I applied what I leaned to that bank job outside Columbia, SC it worked like a charm. I was just sure not to let a disgruntled member of my crew turn psycho yet live.

LEAST REALISTIC: Bank Shot (1974), which is why I'm currently doing 81/2 to 15.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

B&W
it was anything but realistic but
Bandits was a mean as bank robbery movie.

B&W
Which movie do u think portrays how a real bank robbery would realisticly work? and of course.....why?:
Wait a minute! Why do ya wanna know this. You thinking of robbing a bank!

Now With Moveable Parts
I thought The Newtown Boys was a clever approach to bank robbery; stars Matthew McConaughey, Ethan Hawke, Skeet Ulrich, and *gasp* Dwight Yoakum?
I thought it was different because they manage to pull off the robberies without killing anyone, taking anyone hostage, or fighting amoungst themselves. It's just a really cool Bank Robbery movie. P.S. They don't get caught either.

Guy
I wouldn't know, but possibly Reservoir Dogs.

The Wild Bunch, if you're a bloodthirsty bank robber.

Yeah, but to do a proper Wild Bunch bank robbery, there has to be a Temperance parade moving past outside, to cover your escape, and they are hard to come by these days. Plus, the only thing you'll find inside the bags once you finally make it out of town is washers instead of money - not really worth it.

"If they move, kill 'em."
- Pike Bishop (William Holden), The Wild Bunch

Some Bank Robbery Films that seem theoretically sound are:

The French film Jules Dassin's RIFIFI has one hell of a convincing bank robbery sequence (It last 20 minutes and is filmed in complete silence.)

I like the theory behind the opening Robbery in OUT OF SIGHT

Peckinpah's THE GETAWAY is a good example of what to do when the **** hits the fan.

Finally a prime example of how NOT to rob a bank can be found in Roger Avery's KILLING ZOE.

HAHAHA The newton Brothers. J/K

I don't think they've ever made a movie about probably the most successful bankrobber ever, Willie Sutton, who worked either alone or with 1-2 accomplices. According to statistics, most bank robberies consist of a single robber taking money from a single cashier while doing his best not to call attention to himself.

Sutton's estimated to have stolen some $2 million in his lifetime from banks, jewelry stores, and the like, but he also spent half his life (1901-1980) in prison, although he was also very successful at escaping.

Sutton was always armed with a pistol or else a tommy gun "because you can't rob a bank on personality," he once said. But he also claimed he never loaded his weapons for fear of someone getting hurt. He never killed a person in his many bank robberies.

Sutton's favorite tactic was to hit a bank just prior to opening. He so often used disguises that the cops called him "Willie the Actor." He often approached the bank disguised as a policeman, windiow washer, maintenance man, bank guard, mover, or Western Union messenger--some one who might likely be admitted to the bank.

He had a reputation for politeness during robberies. One victim once said that witnessing a Willie Sutton robbery was like watching a move, "except the usher has a gun." It's also said Sutton never went through with a robbery if a woman screamed or a baby cried

If they ever catch this bloke, every actor over 60 in Hollywood will be gagging to play the part... So long as it isn't the Movie Of The Week version.

The Geezer Bandit

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
What was that made for TV movie severals years back about the North Hollywood shootout. I actually enjoyed it very much for a TV film.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Semper Fooey
If they ever catch this bloke, every actor over 60 in Hollywood will be gagging to play the part... So long as it isn't the Movie Of The Week version.

The Geezer Bandit
They already made it.

Semper Fooey
There is a movie called How to Rob a Bank, one of those low budget independent ones.