Baseball Movies

Tools    

I bet I get all dirty again.
I can't believe nobody's mentioned The Sandlot.
Yeah, it's a kid's movie, but it sure as hell is fun.

P.S.

Are any baseball movies really about baseball?
I have seen that movie and thought it was good, but the review I read talked about Bull Durham and Field of Dreams.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I have seen that movie and thought it was good, but the review I read talked about Bull Durham and Field of Dreams.
Well, since the thread is titled "Baseball Movies" we might as well discuss the ones we think of here

Yes, I know that. However, the discussion in this thread had already branched out beyond those two movies and I was surprised that those who had mentioned other baseball movies hadn't yet mentioned The Sandlot. I was not actually replying to your post specifically.

As for Bull Durham vs. Field Of Dreams, I prefer the latter.

where's pride of the yankees or a league of their own? angels in the outfield, damn yankees or the rookie with dennis quaid? for love of the game, the babe and fever pitch (if you like the red sox) these are worth mentioning as well...

i was never enthralled with field of dreams, but i love some of the scenes from the film...

i kinda miss pride of the yankees and damn yankees and i wish they would show these two films

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I saw The Warriors at the theatre in 1979, but there was no gang activity at my theatre. The Baseball Furies were supposed to look like KISS as a baseball team. HA!

I'll avoid repeating what others have said and just go with Major League for now. I know it's not the best baseball movie, that's for sure, but I get a kick out of it.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."