unique music of a movie you really like

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Off the top of my head, Clint Mansell's score for The Fountain near drains me emotionally. Hearing this and learning more about the Kronos Quartet really inspired me to get into string instrument midi sample libraries. I'll never do anything serious with it, but I can always listen to this soundtrack and be inspired for random stuff.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

The psychedelic rock soundtrack in Rollin's Shiver of the Vampires makes me happy.

Off the top of my head, Clint Mansell's score for The Fountain near drains me emotionally. Hearing this and learning more about the Kronos Quartet really inspired me to get into string instrument midi sample libraries. I'll never do anything serious with it, but I can always listen to this soundtrack and be inspired for random stuff.
It's unusual how the clip starts and ends with piano, but yet it's not a piano quintet. The Kronos of course has been one of the greatest over the years, even though they have trouble keeping cellists... I have several of their recordings.

I was always a big fan of the LaSalle Quartet because they were the resident quartet when I was at conservatory. Unfortunately they're all gone now, but they had a jillion great recordings-- especially of new music.

I just last night watched a documentary on the history of the James Bond 007 film music: The Sound of 007 (2022) I'd forgotten how scary good that stuff has been over the years. They point out how everyone in the biz lusted over an invitation to write a Bond song, or score one of their films. It's available free on Netflix, and is a fascinating watch. My favorite? Paul McCartney's theme song to Live and Let Die (1973), performed by Wings.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16433236/

I just last night watched a documentary on the history of the James Bond 007 film music: The Sound of 007 (2022) I'd forgotten how scary good that stuff has been over the years. They point out how everyone in the biz lusted over an invitation to write a Bond song, or score one of their films. It's available free on Netflix, and is a fascinating watch. My favorite? Paul McCartney's theme song to Live and Let Die (1973), performed by Wings.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt16433236/
I love the incidental music in the Bond films. The great guitar rifts, Wang de dang dang dang dang!

The psychedelic rock soundtrack in Rollin's Shiver of the Vampires makes me happy.

There is a compilation out that is all highlights from Jean Rollin soundtracks.

Shiver of the Vampire is the best thing on it, but it's all good.

Toru Takemitsu - Woman in the Dunes

This was the very first movie I thought of when I read the title of the thread.

Some pieces I really like:

Love Mychael Danna's score for The Sweet Hereafter, especially this part, when you hear it during an important part of the film it's a haunting piece.

Also can't stand the film but adore this music from Horsehead:

A Better Place from Upgrade is fantastic, worked so well in the film:

Always liked Marilyn Mansons theme for the first Resident Evil movie:

The Thumbsucker Soundtrack is one of my favorite albums of all time. The soundtrack was originally planned to be composed by Elliott Smith but after his death it was completed by the The Polyphonic Spree with a few songs by Elliott Smith. It's very hard to describe the creativity of the multi instrumental choir music contributed by The Polyphonic Spree and Elliott's Songs are incredible as well. I now can not watch the movie without thinking the music is so much more than the film.

A few more:

Ryuichi Sakamoto's score for Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence

Lustmord's score for First Reformed

Someone already mentioned Tangerine Dream, but I think their scores for Sorcerer and Thief also belong in this thread.