Rec me the worst romances ever

Tools    

Wanna see my autism at full force? My recent tally on my movies chart states that I have seen 556 horror movies, and I'm coming up on 2500 movies, so more than a fifth are horror. In order to balance it out and keep it under a fifth, I can't watch any horror movies for the next 280 movies I watch. Not sure I can go quite that long. But if I watch only 1 horror movie for every 75, I can match it up at exactly one fifth, 560, at 2800. This will also help my bottom 100 to be filled with less horror-

Long story short, I want to focus on other genres, especially for bad movies. And what genre is more easy to ruin than romance? So please, recommend me your WORST romance movies.

Here are some terrible romances for you:

Along for the Ride (2022)
Bolero (1984)
Booty Call (1997)
Date Movie (2006)
Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo (1999)
Head Over Heels (2001)
Good Luck Chuck (2007)
He's All That (2021)
Someone Great (2019)
That Awkward Moment (2014)

I don't watch a lot of romance movies, as it's not my favorite genre. But some romances I have seen that I think are pretty awful:

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days: Unlikable main characters treating each other badly for 90 minutes. Also, as a weirdly specific critique, there's a sequence where two characters have sex in the bathroom of a house where lots of little kids are running around and they don't bother to lock the door and I cannot stress how much that bothered me.
The Kissing Booth
Four Weddings and a Funeral: I'd have to look up my review to remember why I disliked it (rated it a 5/10). It's supposed to be a classic, but I did not care for it.
Along Came Polly: I watched this monstrosity in the theater. And a friend who knew I liked movies took me as a treat, so I had to act like I enjoyed it.
40 Days and 40 Nights: A really insensitive, out-of-touch, and unfunny movie. It includes a sexual assault, and the aftermath of it is handled really poorly.
Gigi: A terrible romance that's also a musical.
Music from Another Room: A boy watches a baby get born, and then declares he will marry her. It's one of the most disturbing beginnings to a romance ever. Apparently Jude Law was contractually obligated to be in this film and he looks miserable as his character "adorably" stalks the love interest.

I think that She's All That is sort of enjoyably bad? "Hackey sack. Hackey sack."
Beastly also kind of falls in this zone.

Love Story (1970), with Ali MacGraw and Ryan O'Neal, was a huge hit. But I didn't like it. If it's possible to hit someone over the head with a tear jerker, this would be it.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
You can't get much worse than Return to Me. A guy's wife dies, her organs are donated and then he meets the woman who got given her heart.

On a similar note, Last Christmas is also pretty awful.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
You can't get much worse than Return to Me. A guy's wife dies, her organs are donated and then he meets the woman who got given her heart.
"I changed my mind. Give it back or I'm gonna tear it out back!"?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The truth is in here
No criticism hauled at Love Story will ever make me love it any less. If it tried that hard to tug at my heartstrings it certainly succeeded. A beautiful and passionately told story.

Anyway, here are the worst ones I've seen so far:

The Back-Up Plan (It played on TV one time. Oh dear God. It's so horrendous it made me want to throw up. Jennifer Lopez is teeth-grittingly irritating rather than charming, and I've seen more romantic chemistry between birds picking up seeds in the park together)
P.S. I Love You
You People
Valentine's Day
New Moon
How Do You Know
Marie Antoinette
Fame (2009) (Disastrously bad remake of a classic)
Never Let Me Go
Something Must Break
10 Years
Failure To Launch
Once Upon A Time In Phuket
Trust The Man
Penelope (Highly overrated and shallow)
Music & Lyrics
Raspberry Boat Refugee
Eclipse
The Bachelor
The Concierge (Incredibly bland for a Michael J. Fox movie)
Damsels In Distress
The History Boys
The Bachelor
Howard The Duck (Though it does have one of the most memorably weird and funniest sex scenes of all time)

Harold and Maude: Nerdy & pompous teen shacks up with feisty & crusty old lady.
I can see why some people might not like it, but I loved Harold and Maude. I have the Criterion blu ray.

I can see why some people might not like it, but I loved Harold and Maude. I have the Criterion blu ray.
I actually wasn't bugged by the age difference thing, I was just making light there. It's Harold, can't stand Harold....annoying!

I actually wasn't bugged by the age difference thing, I was just making light there. It's Harold, can't stand Harold....annoying!

I think the movie was just supposed to be weird. The movie was essentially about two wackjobs.

I don't hate the weirdness, I hate the smug, spoiled, pompous ass that is Harold.

Hmm, it's typically teacher/GED pompousness that annoys me. But I watch Hell's Kitchen, so...

Hmm? I don't know what the means? Or what teacher/GED stands for?

Snobby teachers or people with degrees acting like they're better. You know, the college professor that gets killed by the monster just before finally believing in its existence?

Snobby teachers or people with degrees acting like they're better. You know, the college professor that gets killed by the monster just before finally believing in its existence?
Ahh I see, thanks...yeah I agree too.