Best anyone has ever looked in a movie

Tools    

Glenn Ford in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." The movie was a dud but Ford looked dandy!

As from many I've hardly seen 5% of their movies, I have no right to claim anything, I guess I do often make a note on actresses. It's not all based on looks, but also on how much the actress/role charms me, or if she grew on me "from meh to wow," so to speak (I always love that). I greatly enjoy a balanced combo of charm and feistiness (Cybill Shepherd in early Moonlighting years, Jodie Foster in Maverick, Bridget Fonda in Jackie Brown, ...)

So, "in the spirit of" and out of an endless list... (just a few might be correct by accident?)

Allison Williams in Get Out (2017)
Amy Adams in Julie & Julia (2009)
Audrey Fleurot in Intouchables (The Intouchables) (2011)
Belén Rueda in El Cuerpo (The Body) (2012)
Bridget Fonda in It Could Happen to You (1994), Jackie Brown (1997), etc.
Cameron Diaz in The Holiday (2006)
Céline Lomez in The Silent Partner (1978) [hidden gem?]
Dominique Swain in Lolita (1997) — had to grow on me
Emily Blunt in Wild Target (2010)
Gabrielle Anwar in For Love or Money (1993)
Gemma Arterton in Gemma Bovery (2014)
Geneviève Bujold in Dead Ringers (1988)
Gretchen Mol in The Notorious Bettie Page (2005)
Jenny Agutter in Logan's Run (1976)
Jessica Chastain in Jolene (2008) or Molly's Game (2017)
Jodie Foster in Maverick (1994)
Julie Warner in Doc Hollywood (1991)
Juno Temple in Afternoon Delight (2013)
Laura Linney in P.S. (2004) — the couch scene, etc.
Leigh Taylor-Young Soylent Green (1973)
Lena Olin in Romeo Is Bleeding (1993)
Liv Tyler in Stealing Beauty (1996)
Maggie Gyllenhaal in Sherrybaby (or close-ups in Secretary)
Margot Robbie in Focus (2015)
Marion Cotillard in A Good Year (2006)
Mia Goth in A Cure for Wellness (2016)
Mimi Rogers in Someone to Watch Over Me (1987)
Rachel McAdams in The Notebook (2004)
Theresa Russell in Black Widow (1987)
Virginia Madsen in Sideways (2004)
..., ...

There can only be one "best". Probably Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca.

I forgot the opening line.

Jessica Harper in Phantom of the Paradise

Bud Cort in Harold and Maude

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

It's gotta be Cameron Diaz in The Mask. She is effortlessly beautiful in that flick. She is still pretty but she was never sexy than that movie.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

There can only be one "best". Probably Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca.

Gotta be the most over-rated movie in the world.

Jessica Harper in Phantom of the Paradise

Yeah, but it was in Phantom of the Paradise.

Gotta be the most over-rated movie in the world.
I would argue that, especially in the context of being in the thick of WW II, when the outcome was not at all certain, it's about as iconic as could be, morally urgent, low, low budget, and completely relevant for that moment in time. It managed to be not just morally OK, but contain the subtext of Rick's dubious loyalty (like a lot of Americans at that time) that gets proved in the end. It has romance in the time of war. Being in 1942, American film makers were not exactly sure what to do with characterizing German military. The whole "Free France" (North Africa) thing, full of exiles, traitors and spies all congealed in that single low budget set for Rick's Cafe.

The great black and white imagery, with its soft focus views of Ilsa makes the romance work. Some of the cast members who portrayed Germans were actually exiled Jews who were not revealed as Jews due to expectations of antisemitism among US audiences who were still in denial about what was happening in Germany. Jews were barely mentioned in the plot line but some of the Jewish cast members had already lost family members to the nazis. This cheap romance is about as embedded in history as it can be.

And, it had that great song, played and sung by Dooley Wilson.

If you're going to be "mad", maybe it is better directed toward a species that does things like this.

Pretty much. There are very few examples of a more perfectly realized narrative, where both the story and the characters feel like poems. Just as a screenplay, the whole thing is all kinds of brilliant. But the you add the way it is rendered visually by Curtiz, and this story also becomes this pure, undiluted cinematic experience. It's the best of both worlds.

I just rewatched a chunk of it recently, and it's the rare movie I'd consider perfect (and I say that with reverence, even though I generally despise perfection)

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Lots of lust and impurity poisoning this thread again. (I can understand all the lewd ladies but E.T.? That's some crazy interspecies fetish here!)

Emi Wakui's Seiko in Yoji Yamada's My Sons is the most perfect human being in existence.

Oh, My Sons is the best movie ever made in case you were wondering.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I would argue that, especially in the context of being in the thick of WW II, when the outcome was not at all certain, it's about as iconic as could be, morally urgent, low, low budget, and completely relevant for that moment in time. It managed to be not just morally OK, but contain the subtext of Rick's dubious loyalty (like a lot of Americans at that time) that gets proved in the end. It has romance in the time of war. Being in 1942, American film makers were not exactly sure what to do with characterizing German military. The whole "Free France" (North Africa) thing, full of exiles, traitors and spies all congealed in that single low budget set for Rick's Cafe.

The great black and white imagery, with its soft focus views of Ilsa makes the romance work. Some of the cast members who portrayed Germans were actually exiled Jews who were not revealed as Jews due to expectations of antisemitism among US audiences who were still in denial about what was happening in Germany. Jews were barely mentioned in the plot line but some of the Jewish cast members had already lost family members to the nazis. This cheap romance is about as embedded in history as it can be.

And, it had that great song, played and sung by Dooley Wilson.

If you're going to be "mad", maybe it is better directed toward a species that does things like this.
Nice comments. IMDB has Casablanca at #5 of the greatest films of all time. I've probably watched that film 20 times over the years, and never get tired of it. Not sure I'd put it in my top 10, but it was a lovely film.

Bullock in Demolition Man?

Brandon Lee in The Crow?

The truth is in here
Pretty much. There are very few examples of a more perfectly realized narrative, where both the story and the characters feel like poems. Just as a screenplay, the whole thing is all kinds of brilliant. But the you add the way it is rendered visually by Curtiz, and this story also becomes this pure, undiluted cinematic experience. It's the best of both worlds.

I just rewatched a chunk of it recently, and it's the rare movie I'd consider perfect (and I say that with reverence, even though I generally despise perfection)
It's not my favorite Bogart movie (That would be The Treasure Of Sierra Madre), but I feel to consider a movie overrated I have to either find the storytelling or technical elements overrated to some or even a huge degree. And Casablanca does a great job at both of those things like you mentioned. The chemistry between Bogart and Bergman is of course just as important. If these two weren't so completely engrossed in one another, the ending wouldn't hit you as hard as it does.

OT, but this is probably the best Jack Black ever looked on screen (and it's hilarious).