Nichelle Nichols (Lt Uhura) has passed away at 89. RIP.

Tools    

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Rest in peace Nichelle.

Nichelle Nichols (Lt Uhura) has passed away at 89. RIP.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.

December 28, 1932 - July 30, 2022

Damn sad.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace.

I'm in good company when I say that I had a crush on her back in 1966 on Star Trek. President Barack Obama has stated that he also had a crush on her. The President is 10 years younger than me so I beat him to it because I saw her when the show first came to TV.

RIP Ms Nichols.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This is such sad news. She was so much more than just a Star Trek actress.

I met her at a convention many years ago, when I was still in high school, and she spent a lot of time talking to me about astronomy and NASA. She even offered to help me if I wanted to consider a career in astronomy.

She was such a nice person. She will be missed.

R.I.P.

This is such sad news. She was so much more than just a Star Trek actress.

I met her at a convention many years ago, when I was still in high school, and she spent a lot of time talking to me about astronomy and NASA. She even offered to help me if I wanted to consider a career in astronomy.

She was such a nice person. She will be missed.

R.I.P.
That's such a neat & nice story, thanks for posting it She must have been a really nice person! Of course I'm a fan of hers because of Star Trek and she'll be missed by all of us trekkies and trekkers.

So sorry to hear about this...admittedly, not a Star Trek fan but this woman was a pioneer for black actresses and their place in this industry. RIP
She also was part of the first inter-racial kiss on TV -- in a Star Trek episode with William Shatner.