Jacques Rivette, Out 1 - And on the subject of long films

Tools    

Gooble gobble, one of us!
I'm curious if anyone has seen Out 1, noli me tangere, a film running at about 13 hours, directed by the acclaimed french new-wave director, Jacques Rivette. If you have seen it, what did you think of it?

In general I think long films are quite interesting. It seems that much more can be said, obviously since more content can be put in, but not always, sometimes a shorter film can say just as much or even more. This is the problem of long films, and why I think many people tend to have them sit on their to-watch list for too long, and may even never watch them. Because instead of watching one , 8-hour film, why not just watch four equally great 2 hour films?

And still I have seen some great long films that was worth all the time, so what do you people think? What are some other long running films you think are great and worth the time? Something like Dekalog (9h, 32min) and Shoah (9h, 26min) comes to mind. I have seen them both, and think that my time was definitely spend right.

I've watched Shoah. Watched it over two days though; no way was i sitting through 9 hours straight of holocaust interviews. Great film i'm glad i watched it but i doubt i'll ever watch the full thing again. I remember i got in an argument with a member here who hadn't seen it who was trying to tell me it is only 5 hours long even though i had seen it

I'm interested in stuff like Out 1 and Satantango once i've seen some of those directors other stuff, but i'm not going to lie they do sound daunting. Dekalog is something i've been meaning to see for ages; i don't really think it is the same as those since it was basically a tv show with ten different parts that was edited into a movie later. You could just watch those ten episodes like a normal show.