George W. Bush

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally posted by sadesdrk
Wait, I didn't read the whole thread, but Monkeypunch, are you a Bush supporter?
Ummm....cough. You don't even wanna get into THAT. But no, I do not support GW Bush at all. It's a lonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg story.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Now With Moveable Parts
That's too bad, but anyways...
I think your wacky Bush Lovin' Prof. made a wise observation. Whaddya think?

Oh, I totally agreed with the Prof. on that one. Still don't see the appeal of GWB tho'. Way too much of a Leftie for that, as I'm sure Yoda will attest to. Just for equal time, I didn't care much for Clinton OR Gore, either.

I don't like any of them either, but it would be pretty difficult for someone I like to be successful in politics.

Now With Moveable Parts
In no way am I claiming that Bush is the wisest leader of the pack, but between Bush and Gore, Bush was the lesser of the two evils. Gore is just plain frightening.
I have a hard time with the way this term has been for Bush, there were all those jokes when he first was elected, then Sept. 11th occured, and suddenly... America rallied around him and gave him all this phoney, false support. Now we're right back at the jokes about his speeches and whatnot, it's really a sad state of affairs, in my opinion.

I'm just afraid of ultra right-wing politics. I really am. The whole war on terror scares the piss out of me. How do you war against such a subjective concept as terrorism? The whole pre-emptive strikes idea is wrong on so many levels. We think we have the right to attack other countries if we think they MIGHT pose a threat, but that doesn't that make us no beter than our enemies? (Really think about this, don't just say "No, because we're AMERICA and we're right," cause that is a really stupid answer.)

Preemptive warfare is inevitable. It doesn't always take a nuclear scientist (though we have those working on such things, too) to figure out that this country or that country is gonna come at us.

We're not right because we're America...we're America because we're right.

Now With Moveable Parts
Monkeypunch, that's scary in it's self.
I'm glad we're not a nation that's gonna sit around and wait for the next country to get it's collective nerve together and bomb another building over here.
and we're not fighting a concept, we're fighting a real enemy that wants to see America rip apart at the seams.

Originally posted by Yoda
We're not right because we're America...we're America because we're right. [/b]
I almost KNEW you were going to say that. I bet you could clean up selling bumper stickers that say that. Putting this on a non-nationalist level, would it be right for somebody to shoot another person just because they think the other guy has a gun? Now, I'm all for catching Osama, he's a real person, he did something horrible that he must pay for, but to declare war on all sorts of undefined "Terrorists" just because we THINK they might be up to something fishy despite no evidence to back it up...THAT is what I'm against. That makes us look like terrorists ourselves, and could encourage instead of deter other terrorist attacks. There are NO easy answers here, but we seem to wanna find them! We need to use our MINDS, not our MIGHT.

I almost KNEW you were going to say that. I bet you could clean up selling bumper stickers that say that.
It's true, my friend. We are who we are today because we've been right in the past, in my opinion.

Putting this on a non-nationalist level, would it be right for somebody to shoot another person just because they think the other guy has a gun?
No...but I don't think that's what's happened. It's more like this: a bunch of guys are standing around. A few guys represent this country, a few more that country, etc. All the guys have weapons. One of the guys whips out a gun and shoots one of our guys. We shoot right back at him and tell the others in his group to turn over any others of theirs who might do the same thing to us.

IE: we're not just thinking "hmm, this MIGHT happen," we're basing this on past mistakes and experiences...and we're not just bombing randomly. We're asking for cooperation on a sensitive matter.

but to declare war on all sorts of undefined "Terrorists" just because we THINK they might be up to something fishy despite no evidence to back it up...THAT is what I'm against
Declaring war on all of those who engaged in terrorist activities is perfectly acceptable. Just because we haven't found them yet, it doesn't mean we shouldn't vow to dispose of them when we do.

There are NO easy answers here, but we seem to wanna find them! We need to use our MINDS, not our MIGHT.
We need to use our minds to decide what to do with our might...which is what I think we ARE doing.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Monkeypunch

... but to declare war on all sorts of undefined "Terrorists" just because we THINK they might be up to something fishy despite no evidence to back it up...THAT is what I'm against. That makes us look like terrorists ourselves, and could encourage instead of deter other terrorist attacks. There are NO easy answers here, but we seem to wanna find them! We need to use our MINDS, not our MIGHT.
You make it sound like we send out a bunch of blood-thirsty-half-cocked-vigilantes around the world, with loaded weapons, trained to kill without a reason.
Don't you think we have meetings after meetings after meetings of Special Intelligence Agents with legitimate proof of terroist activity?
You'd be surprised of who's spying on who. I think we know more than just "random acts of terrorism". We've got our finger in all the pies, I bet we have lists apon lists of people and groups that we're just itching to catch in the act, but we're waiting for the right moment.
You make it seem like if we catch a dude pissing in the wrong direction, we'll pop him.
I think we're a touch smarter than that.

Man, now I'm being double-teamed! As for who's spying on who, the FBI is spying on the CIA and Vice Versa, and they're all spying on US, checking out what books we get from the library, what we say on the 'Net (I am so dead ), tapping our phones, randomly checking everyone at the airport EXCEPT for Arabs because that'd be racial profiling, they checked Al Gore numerous times, (I doubt he's a terrorist) the list goes on and on. I am not saying I have all the answers, but I still BELIEVE that pre-emptive war is just another form of terrorism, only we don't CALL it that. I'm just talking to a brick wall here, though, because most people have traded their brains in for patriotic slogans by now. Yes, I'm a cynic. I just don't want to be part of a war that will stretch out into eternity and could turn our allies into enemies. We've put the entire world on notice, "Don't Mess with the U.S." and it's going to bite us on the @ss eventually, but it may not even be one of the "terrorist" nations that does it.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Monkeypunch
I'm just talking to a brick wall here, though, because most people have traded their brains in for patriotic slogans by now.
I'll thank you NOT to assume that those who don't think the same as you, have traded in their brains. I have never been a fan of slogans and wouldn't be caught dead with a bumper sticker or something written on my Tee-shirt, think: "I have one nerve left, and you're on it!"
I hate that sh*t, always have always will.
I do think you should move, though. You don't appriciate the blanket of security you sleep under every night. Aint that right Jack?
"You can't handle the truth!"

I admit it was a rash generalization, and I apologize. As for moving, no way in hell. Screw that "Love it or Leave it," crap. I was born here, and I will die here, but don't expect me to put up with Big Brother breathing down my neck. That's hardly the way to treat your own citizens. It's all like something out of Minority Report. Do you want to lose your basic freedoms just to feel "safe"? Is that an acceptable price to pay? (I just know you will say yes, so I just answered my own question.)

No one wants to lose their basic freedoms...which is why we are NOT losing our basic freedoms. If we're losing any freedoms at all, it's the minute, more trivial ones, I'd say...and certainly not the core rights.

Where did this thread come from? You mean I could have been fighting with Tw all this time and didn't know it?

I'll help you MonkeyPunch!

BushLite is the living embodiment of the decay of western civilization! He will destroy everything America stands for!
BushLite is the anti-christ!

Can I cuss in here? Hmm.. let's see.

**** GWB!

Morbida
all I can say is ..... Keep it up bush..he is doing a fine job, kick some ass take some names!

It's people like you who are going to re-elect the worst president in history. Why? Because he' going to win the war on terrorism. So what? I could win the war on terrorism. We have the best army in the world. It's no big thing when we are the most powerful nation. The war on terrorism is bloodlust pure and simple. We already arrested the terrorists responsible. Why are we still killing people? Because GWB wants to kill every last one of them, innocent or guilty. Then we are going to attack Iraq and Iran. Let's be like Hitler why not? Kill all the towelheads yeah! We're sick of them anyway. Bushy is Hitler. When I see what is happening in America today I understand how Hitler came to power. Gradually, with the people's consent.

After the towelhead genocide we are going to start assasinating dictators and anyone else we don't like. Why not, we're sick of dealing with them. It's about time we had a free world. Hey don't we sound like one of those freakin' maniacs that go out and kill millions of people and end up in the history books as mass murderers? We sure do! BushLite must be stopped!