One thing you enjoyed in that movie you didn't enjoy.

Tools    

"How tall is King Kong ?"
Apart from "it ended", smartass.

Shockingly, I didn't like Krull very much. But I loved the background story of those cyclops, who traded one of their eyes with some god/devil in exchange for the ability to see the future, and were cheated in that the only thing they know from the future is their time of death. It's a nice little myth-like idea.

Also disliked Crocodile Dundee 2 quite a bit, but I laughed at Dundee casually snapping the neck of a snake charmer's snake.

Justice League is hardly watchable, but I liked the little bit where Flash realizes that Superman's eyes follow him effortlessly.

So, at least they have that for them.

Any good stuff in movies you dislike and still wouldn't recommend ?

I would say the sequence in Predators with Laurence Fishburne's character, which raises the stakes just as well as Fishburne chews the scenery. It sort of feels like taking a trip to a better movie and then going back to the mediocre one you were watching when it ends.

I've mentioned this many times before, but the scene of regret after the first killing in Last House on the Left is brilliantly poetic cinema. Wes Craven never did anything better, ever. Shame the rest of the movie was trash.

The opening of Ghost Ship is a memorable scene of violence. It's a shame that's the drop off point for the film though in terms of quality.

Sledgehammer has a trifecta of wonderful moments near the beginning of the film, one almost right after the other. First, an endless scene of college students unpacking a car slowly unfurls as if it is an entire universe unto itself, one filled with nothing but the triumphant sounds of 'woohoo' and 'yippee'. This is followed by a prolonged slow motion scene of a man trying to balance a beer can on his girlfriend's head, and we sit watching transfixed as it plays like some out of focus Sisyphian nightmare. And then it all culminates in a middle aged food fight beneath a very low hanging chandelier.

This all seems to promise this will be one of the grandest of all shot- on-video tone poems ever committed to film. And then it becomes increasingly difficult to defend.

The opening of Ghost Ship is a memorable scene of violence. It's a shame that's the drop off point for the film though in terms of quality.
Ghost Ship was great even before that scene : the DVD cover was one of the best ever (a lenticular hologram that turned the ship's bow into a skull depending on the angle of vision). Almost bought it, just because of that.

But yeah, would have gone downwards pretty fast after the DVD's removal from the box.

I had watched Zardoz a while ago, and while that movie felt like a jumbled mess to me, there were some interesting details and ideas thrown into that movie in retrospect.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
That moment in X-Men: Apocalypse when Magneto throws down metal in the shape of an X. That belonged in a better X-Men movie.

Walking out.

That moment in X-Men: Apocalypse when Magneto throws down metal in the shape of an X. That belonged in a better X-Men movie.
You didn't like the "LEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAARRRRRNNNNIIIIIINNNNNGGGG" scene?

I think Smokin' Aces is mostly obnoxious garbage, but aside from the well executed shootout climax, it happens to have a really good Ray Liotta performance. Okay, I guess that's two things.

The "Paranoid" montage in Suicide Squad was probably the only truly effective choice of music in that whole entire ugly mess of a movie:

That scene, middle in Executive Decision, where
WARNING: spoilers below
Seagal gets unexpectedly flushed out of the movie

made me laugh with delight.

That scene, middle in Executive Decision, where
WARNING: spoilers below
Seagal gets unexpectedly flushed out of the movie

made me laugh with delight.
Agreed... except, for me, the movie doesn't fit this category since I enjoyed the whole thing (especially the part mentioned). I think it's one of the best action movies ever made. I place it as a close second to the original Die Hard (1988).