Top ten Movies from 2000

Tools    

I have deleted the last post from this thread. It is way out of line. I will also be contacting this member (Jesus H. Christ Esquire) concerning his username. Find a better thing to make jokes about.

1. Dancer in the Dark (Lars Von Trier)
2. Wonder Boys (Curtis Hanson)
3. Shadow of the Vampire (E. Elias Merhige)
4. O Brother, Where Art Thou? (Joel & Ethan Coen)
5. Requiem For a Dream (Darren Aronofsky)
6. Love's Labour's Lost (Kenneth Branagh)
7. Ghost Dog: the Way of the Samurai (Jim Jarmusch)
8. Traffic (Steven Soderbergh)
9. Quills (Philip Kaufman)
10. State & Main (David Mamet)

[Edited by Holden Pike on 09-09-2001]

What?! Jesus has made another comeback, he'll be mad when he sees South Park!

Now With Moveable Parts
I agree with just about everyone,s picks,can't come up with any that haven't been mentioned,but I can dissagree with some! Someone said Hollow Man...eek,if that qualifies for one of the BEST movies of 2000...bad year,i guess.And State & Main?Such a sappy,drug out mish-mash.I'm not sure this movie even knew what it wanted to be about.William H. Macy delevered,but Alec Baldwin was tired and that woman,not Sara Jessica Parker but that other one,the love intrest...now she was horrible.sorry,I pulled this one out...not worthy of a best of anything list.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I think I said Hollow Man, and it was most likely just because I could not think of anything else. I think I pretty much listed 10 movies I had seen that year! I'll make a better list at some point.

1. Traffic
2. The Way of the Gun
3. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
4. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
5. Snatch
6. Iron Monkey, its coming out this year but u can still rent it from blockbuster
7. Moulon Rouge
8. the Cell
9. X-men
10. The Musketeer
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Moulin Rouge, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, and The Musketeer are all 2001 movies (two released in the past month). The thread was looking for stuff released in 2000.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
These are mine, in no particular order:

1. Snatch
2. The Mexican
3. Memento
4. Gladiator
5. The Patriot
6. Unbreakable
7. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
8. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
9. Cast Away
10. Hannibal
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by OG-
I think I said Hollow Man, and it was most likely just because I could not think of anything else. I think I pretty much listed 10 movies I had seen that year! I'll make a better list at some point.
Don't beat yourself up over it OG,we're all allowed to make asses of ourselves...picking Hollow Man was just a moment of weekness and we shall forgive you...for the time being.

Ok, Mr Techincal. Sheees, get so pissed when someone mentions a movie outside of the subject...Hannibal was in theaters Christmas of 2000...I remember it cause I went and saw it.

I'll bet you a bundle you didn't see Hannibal in the theaters at Christmas of 2000 - sure as Hell not in Kansas or anywhere else commercially.

And if the topic doesn't matter, why bother even having topics? If the subject is "favortie movies starring Gene Hackman", are you going to include Pulp Fiction on your list? You can, of course, but it would be silly. Wouldn't it?

Anywho, as you were.

Well I thought it was Christmas, after I posted that I got to thinkin about it, so maybe you're right about that one, but still. A lot of movies are in the theater one week and on video the next anymore so it's hard tellin what's a 2000 release and what's not. Personally, I'm stickin with what I put on there cause I could care less if they're 2000 or not, to me...they're close enough.

Now With Moveable Parts
lighten up on each other guys...sheesh! You'd think you were a bunch of snot nosed little know-it-alls or somethin'you can have an opinion,but lighten up on the technicalities,no one's perfect and we certianaly shouldn't have to have precise knowledge of every little detail.Unless of course someone is using their little cheaters handbook or something

Well if you haven't noticed Holden, no topic stays on topic for very long. So just let it go. Most of us know the differences in dates and all, you think anyone cares. Just a few of the members here do. Here lately, you've taken that job, but still, just let it go when it comes to being techincal about when a movie has been released or something.

Now With Moveable Parts
my thoughts exactly...feel ganged up on yet Holden?Sorry,but it's true...no hard feelings...

Uh, yeah. Like my feelings are all bruised.

I'll keep giving correct information when I see obvious errors, and if you want to ignore it, that's fine. If you want to take it as a personal affront, that's your problem, not my intent.

"And now, on with the Opera! Let there be dancing in the streets, drinking in the saloons, and necking in the parlor. Play, Don..."

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Holden Pike
Uh, yeah. Like my feelings are all bruised.

I'll keep giving correct information when I see obvious errors, and if you want to ignore it, that's fine. If you want to take it as a personal affront, that's your problem, not my intent.
Bring it on Holden we can take it bro...I was just trying to fill ya in on the do's and don'ts a little but if you want to go around correcting everyone,by all means...HAVE...AT...IT.Oh,and have fun with it too...that's what it's all about...having fun. I'll be sure to bring my Movie Guide whenever I play with you.