What exactly is going on in the U.S. of A.?

Tools    

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
This is somewhat understandable...when you're powerful, you open yourself up to more criticism
Aye, the reason why I mentioned BAP is currently under Tony Blair's leadership, Britain is America's poodle. The only problem is we've cause enough problems between countries (sorry HongKong/china) and the whole "eye for eye" thing doesn't work out. Suppor for Mr.Blair has dropped because we don't like attacking other countries as this means someone will one day want vengeance. IRA are still bombing England to gain Independance. No surprise, we stole Ireland's land. Someone has to stop the cycle somewhere.

I don't see how. If we attack, yes, people will probably want revenge in some sort or another down the line. If we don't, we're seen as weak for not responding, and we WILL be attacked again. So the only question is this: would we rather face the possibility of payback down the line from a country or group of people we might be able to severely hurt now, or would we rather let them come at us sooner, and without having suffered any losses from a pre-emptive strike? I say the former, personally.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
I'll repeat the emphasis on Iraq man.

Iraq hasn't attacked America.

Saddam attacked Kuwait, with second hand weapons sold to him by America. America then step in and save the day. The benefit from this to America? By selling Iraq arms and encouraging tension, the increasinigly growing economic threat from Kuwait in that area (against Israel who America wishes to maintain as it's primary economic ally) you get to hit Kuwaits economy (Kuwait didn't even have an army becaus eit wasn't under any threat) and then America gets to look good to the rest by stepping in and helping out. This is why Kuwait still hates America despite America "helping" them.

How in anyway does this justify attacking Iraq now?
--------
Oh and to add, America and Britain bombed Iraq for 11 years since the start of the gulf war. I don't believe this was in any way justified, and how exactly can Saddam build his evil army when he's sanctioned, has no money and is being bombed?

...and to add the specially spiced up point of:

Why is it when Iraq refuses to let UN inspectors they're caused of creating weapons of mass destruction and building the death star which is going to kill the entire human race and so they must attack it...

...whereas when the possibility that Israel has broken every UN war convention under a leader whose name is already tied with a massacre (Ariel Sharon: Sabrah & Shatilah) refuses to let UN inspectors in after his army enters the most densley populated civillian area in the world (yes Hebron and Jenin are) nothing happens ?

I'm getting sidetracked a bit here, sorry, it's just it's all lies and deceit. Needless to say I don't believe in the "war against terrorism" and the only reason America was attacked was because of it's part in f***ing up Afghanistan.

Originally posted by Mary Loquacious
A few choice quotes about politics:

Politics and dirty tricks
I got no time for stones and sticks
Politics and dirty tricks
I got no time
I'm chasin' chicks

Believe me, I am.

As to the rest of the conversation....Fez, it seems your contention is that America is hated because she has done some things (which may have been in her best self-interest at the time) that ultimately ended up causing harm and suffering to other countries. Welcome to the world. Nations screw up, just like people do. Sometimes deliberately so.

the only reason America was attacked was because of it's part in f***ing up Afghanistan.
Not to make any sweeping objective generalizations, huh. I wouldn't take that sentence seriously even if Bin Laden had personally whispered it in your ear just now. The simple fact of the matter is you can't know the reason America was attacked, and furthermore, there is no "only" reason because I doubt anyone would go to those lengths to attack a country for just one reason.

In sum, I appreciate your willingness to critize America, but please-- unless you want to come over here, become enfranchised, and help us right all the wrongs, just chill.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by Fez Wizardo
I'll repeat the emphasis on Iraq man.

Iraq hasn't attacked America.
This all goes back to Vietnam too. I mean, we had no part in the Vietnam war, but we still went in and fought. Same thing here.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
In sum, I appreciate your willingness to critize America, but please-- unless you want to come over here, become enfranchised, and help us right all the wrongs, just chill.
OK dood, I'll have no further part in this thread or any other discussion involving any political stand because I'm not going to go over there and right all Americas wrongs, despite the fact that what America does affects the entire planet. Ho well!

Originally posted by Fez Wizardo

OK dood, I'll have no further part in this thread or any other discussion involving any political stand because I'm not going to go over there and right all Americas wrongs, despite the fact that what America does affects the entire planet. Ho well!
Thank you.

• America can't say that they couldn't expect this. They had their noses in other people's business too long.
  • That doesn't mean, however, that this is bad thing to do. Helping people is good.
  • Killing, however, is wrong.
  • Iraq are evil. Iran are evil. China are evil. Russia is evil. Australia is evil. England is evil.
  • America too is evil.
  • They own you and they will sell your souls for cash and power.
  • That's it.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Preach on, Brother!

War! Huh!
Good Gawd Y'all
What is it good for?
Absolutely Nothin!

People hate us because we call ourselves a "SuperPower" and the "Leader of the Free World," and we shove our noses into other countries business, but only if it benefits us to do so. We look arrogant! Now don't get me wrong, I love America, it's the government that scares me. America is the people, not it's leaders.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

For once I agree with Monkey/JoJo. America is indeed the people.

I don't think America is evil. I think certain Americans are evil. I think America on the whole rarely does intentionally evil things, and I think our ideals are usually grounded in common sense and compassion. Yes, we look out for ourselves, but so does absolutely everyone else.

I don't buy this "other people's business" stuff, however. It's not as if we have a wall around our country so that we can merely sit behind it and let everyone else do whatever the hell they want without consequence. The things that happen abroad CAN and WILL effect us in some way. It's unreasonable, in my opinion, to chastise any country for being involved in foreign affairs. If you have a gripe, then voice your complaints on the specifics of how we're handling our foreign affairs...but to imply that we shouldn't be involved in anything at all just isn't realistic, or reasonable.

Silver: killing can be wrong. As is the case with most things, sometimes killing is necessary, and even good.

Man, I'm being general because I believe this thread is stupid. So instead I thought I'd bring up how government, media and big business owns your soul. It really does.

And with that:

Silence.

"Americans like to talk about all their freedom but they think it's disconnected from something Europeans often see in America: the degeneracy that goes with the Dynamic. It seems as though a society that is intolerant of all forms of degeneracy shuts off its own Dynamic growth and becomes static. But a society that tolerates all forms of degeneracy degenerates. Either direction can be dangerous. The mechanisms by which a balanced society grows and does not degenerate are difficult, if not impossible, to define."

--Robert Pirsig

(Emphasis mine).