Movies You Wish You Could Forget

Tools    

This isn't intended to be a thread to vent about bad movies in, but rather, a thread to discuss movies disturbing enough that you wish (or nearly wish) you hadn't see all, or part of them. Some scenes are disturbing, but so good, or so moving, that you can't possibly wish not to have seen them...but there are those that are just awful, period.

For me, Jeepers Creepers was nearly that. Don't get me wrong; I thougt the first half was suspenseful, creepy, and, simply put: BRILLIANT. But the end...

WARNING: "Jeepers Creepers" spoilers below
The screaming we hear coming from the warehouse...it's so awful I can barely think about it. It's a scream that conveys absolute agony. It's disgusting. As was actually seeing the character standing there, dead, after his eyes had been torn from the back of his head.

Anything you wish you could forget?

The scene where Matt Dillion cracks that guy's head open like a nut.

I didn't read the message before. DUMB! I can't think of a single movie I like and wish I could forget. I guess Natural Born Killers comes the closest.

As far as the great movie that comes the closest to something I wish I hadn't seen, I'd have to say Instinct. I've been throwing that one around a lot lately.

Well, yeah, I had noticed that...but I figured you loved it. Kinda surprising to hear you say you wish you hadn't seen it -- even when you only mean it the tiniest bit.

i kinda' wish i'd never seen Jaws....also The Exorcist.
i regret watching the senseless mass slaying slasher films because i can't just laugh at that stuff. Chainsaw Massacre fits the bill.
Nightmare on Elm Street freaked me out in terms of feeling safe with sleep, but i've gotten over that i suppose. i was disturbed enough by A Clockwork Orange to avoid it again, and firegod.....i'd add Instinct to the list. (eventhough i really liked it).

i haven't seen Requiem for a Dream yet, is it a potential for this thread?

Guy
Collateral Damage. I did not need to see the Snake being shoved into that guy's throat into his stomach while both the guy and the snake were alive.

AI
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
The first couple of nights, alone in my room with that TV peering at me, I wish that I hadn't seen Ring, but now I'm glad since it really opened me up to that genre.

I'm planning on seeing Kiyoshi Kurosawa's latest at a film festival starting next month, which is apparently scarier than Ring.

Hmmmm.......I somehow thing I'm going to regret that one too

I wish I could forget I ever saw 2001, Apocalypse Now, Fitzcarraldo, Wings of Desire, Aguirre, the Wrath of God, Jaws, Casablanca, Cries and Whispers, and Hoop Dreams, then go watch them all on the big screen. There needs to be a big revival theater in the DC/Metro area.

...The highlight of my moviegoing life is probably seeing Rear Window at the Uptown theater in DC two years ago. It's an old-style movie house, the screen is massive, and it was the first Hitchcock I saw (it's still my favorite).

I wish I could forget I ever saw Very Bad Things and Patch Adams. The first because it's unfunny & offensive, and it tries to be cool when it is anything but, the latter because there wasn't a redeeming thing about it. I despised it. Other than those two, I can't really think of any. I'm even glad I watched Gladiator, Pearl Harbor, and Rush Hour 2. I don't know why.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by mecurdius
AI
Why would you want to forget A.I.?

American Pie 2
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

The Cell. I HATED that movie. I found it incredibly disturbing. All of it, the killer's memories, the way it ended, everything. I can't believe I watched the whole thing.

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Originally posted by mecurdius
AI
That's it. Chopstick time for you

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by Kahiri
The Cell. I HATED that movie. I found it incredibly disturbing. All of it, the killer's memories, the way it ended, everything. I can't believe I watched the whole thing.
Oh yeah...ironically enough I HAVE forgotten about this one. What a relief.

Everything about Battlefeild Earth.