Mulholland Drive

→ in
Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
The Lord of The Rings films are great but it's unfair to compare all of them as a trilogy against Mulholland Dr. Each individual film is a more fair comparison.There Will Be Blood is a great character study and I respect it's ambition but it's nowhere near as interesting,hypnotizing and unique as Mulholland Dr. in my eyes.Spirited Away I thought was okay, and I've yet to see PMMM or Gladiator. Just my 2 cents.

On the topic of Eraserhead, I think it's a very creepy and uncomfortable film and it's definitely a mindbender. I think out of Lynch's films, Lost Highway is the craziest one. Although I still have prolonged seeing Inland Empire, and I heard that film was insane.

Never seem Gladiator? Whoa.

Spirited Away is a more subtle film than aggressive films like There Will Be Blood and Mulholland Drive, so I can sort of understand why someone might find it not a very powerful movie.

I would also add that one should probably not use the words "best of the decade or 21st century", because one's opinion can change quite rapidly. My favorite film changed 7 times over the past 24 months, for instance.