Jurassic Park 3 FYI

Tools    

Hi y'all,

I finally got confirmation from Universal about the way they are handling the new release of JP3 on Dec 11.

JP3 and the Trilogy will be released, but the set will feature a fourth disc. This disc will NOT be sold in stores separately. I've talked with Universal and they decided to go ahead with the press release info that was given out last week. That is, the set will feature the fourth disc, but if you already have the first two films and all you want is the third, then buy JP3 and inside will be a coupon for you to MAIL into Universal to get the 4th disc (The Jurassic Park Franchise) for $6.95 plus tax. In addition to the 4th disc you will also get the slipcase for all 4 discs.

I would've posted this last week, but Universal was seriously considering retracting the press release and sending the fourth disc to stores a few weeks after the set release...thus making more money and pissing off a lot of people. They've seen the light and will go ahead as previously planned.

Just an FYI in case you get upset when you see the 4th disc in the set only. If anyone needs more info, you can contact Universal DVD at 972-293-5903.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

I didn't realize Universal DVD was one of my neighbors, or is that just some random number you made up?

lol. As far as I know, this number is for Universal DVD Tech Support. I thought they were based in Culver City CA, but I might be wrong about that.

As far as I know, 972 is suburban Dallas area only (including me. I'm a 972 myself).

Actually the info that I posted was what the studio announced in a formal press release, but it was not set in stone.

To be perfectly honest, I've been working with Universal on the specs for a new edition...'Jurassic Park Walks Again Ultimate Edition' DVD set. Universal decided to release the 3rd movie and the 4th bonus disc now in time for the 4th quarter Xmas season. The 4th disc was not supposed to be included with this release because they thought they might change the way the trilogy is released due to the new set we are doing. See, the 4th disc was supposed to be a small amount of the set we're doing now. They decided to release the set as announced in the press release, but we continue to work on the UE.

Unfortunately, I can't give out anymore info regarding the UE but to say that it won't be out until late 2002 or early 2003. We're still gathering the info for the digital authoring...we won't get to the encoding until summer next year...and then there's the replication...arggg. But I can say it will be sweet. Wish I could say more, but there are only 9 of us working on this and one of them may be here. Also, I don't want to spoil the anticipation for all the JP fans. But at least MovieForums fans know the real deal.