God isn't real

Tools    

Short and sweet: saying that it's not really an explanation heavily implies a lack of logic behind it. Not a far cry from saying that Christians aren't thinking. That was a tremendous waste of time, and you know it. This is the second straight post you've ignored half of the arguments I've made, man.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!

However false you may be Tyler, you make me laugh. A big bunny....HAHAHAHA
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by TWTCommish
Short and sweet: saying that it's not really an explanation heavily implies a lack of logic behind it. Not a far cry from saying that Christians aren't thinking. That was a tremendous waste of time, and you know it. This is the second straight post you've ignored half of the arguments I've made, man.
Think what you will sir. I am not saying that Christians aren't thinking. I simply think they and the others who believe in God, are taking the easy way out. It's not "hard" to keap your faith! If you really have faith than you believe you have a never ending redemption waiting for your ***! It's nice but that doesn't make it true! The idea imperialists that made up **** like heaven and hell, did so to keep you in line. Hell is so damn scary, and heaven so nice that you can't help but conform. God is a superior being. He or she or it therefore must have vision and control over all that we can not. Life is hard, and really confusing. And thinking a God not only understands but loves you, is a very comforting thought. Admit it. Faith in God is a helpful nice thing. But not something I and others wish to believe in. Because just as strongly as you think that God does exist, we think that he doesn’t. That is what I think. And I do not wish to scrutinize your every word and retort upon them.

And in response to the person who(and there father) are very smart and believe in God, that's fine. And I'm aware that Einstein believed as well. But **** Einstein he's over rated anyway. Ya know some folks that are Atheists? Scientists. 90% of em to be exact. Smart folks go both ways. However the weak go only one.

But if you wish me to reply directly to you:
Yes, saying God did it, is a Cop out answer, and is just as legitimate a my Bunny theory, witch I'm sure you only comprehended on a surface level.

No I do not say how we didn't get here, I simply dis-agree with the idea of a creator. I'm not saying I'm write. And I do believe spudracer called my story, and the big bang theory false, yet you do not correct him. Why, because he's on your side of the argument.

And no buddy, God don't explain ****, not for me nor for you. You may like to believe it so you have a conclusion, but the story of creation explains nothing. And if it does, my story should as well. Hell, from now on, whatever I don't know, I will make up a story for. If you want to explain things based on nothing but a story that carries no more provable truth that my bunny story, than go ahead.

And once again, my perspective is sh*ted on because it doesn't comply with your infallible judgment. You and I think murder, and rape are bad things, but some do not. And if the majority thought otherwise, than we would be the bad ones. Seriously, Fu*k your written in stone judgment. Fu*k it.

And what the hell is this circle of logs ****? Um I guess I might think there's someone else on the island. What the fu*k is your point?

What's more likely ? That an all powerful being created us and our earth? Or that we created him, so we wouldn't have to feel so small and alone? And yes that is from contact.

Life is hard, and really confusing. And thinking a God not only understands but loves you, is a very comforting thought. Admit it. Faith in God is a helpful nice thing.
I'll readily admit it. I only hope you'll admit, though, that believing it's all a bunch of bull is comforting, too: because there's no consequences for your actions in the end. If you can lie, cheat, and steal on earth and get away with it, there's nothing else to worry about. Fighting sin doesn't matter...no rules to follow except the ones of the law...and those you can sometimes get around.

In some ways, believing in God is easier, but in others, it is MUCH harder. There is no clear-cut answer on which is easier; it depends on who you are.

And in response to the person who(and there father) are very smart and believe in God, that's fine. And I'm aware that Einstein believed as well. But **** Einstein he's over rated anyway. Ya know some folks that are Atheists? Scientists. 90% of em to be exact. Smart folks go both ways. However the weak go only one.
Got a source on that 90% number? And how broadly are you defining the word "scientist"? Yes, of course, Einstein is overrated.

But if you wish me to reply directly to you:
Yes, saying God did it, is a Cop out answer, and is just as legitimate a my Bunny theory, witch I'm sure you only comprehended on a surface level.
Feel free to elaborate. Fact of the matter is that you have no idea what I did or did not pick up on, but it's irrelevant anyway, because your entire post was a waste of time.

No I do not say how we didn't get here, I simply dis-agree with the idea of a creator. I'm not saying I'm write. And I do believe spudracer called my story, and the big bang theory false, yet you do not correct him. Why, because he's on your side of the argument.
I do not correct him, because I think he's correct. Why would I correct him if I think he's got it right?

And once again, my perspective is shited on because it doesn't comply with your infallible judgment. You and I think murder, and rape are bad things, but some do not. And if the majority thought otherwise, than we would be the bad ones. Seriously, Fu*k your written in stone judgment. Fu*k it.
You sure are lashing out here. Seems like you have some personal problems with religion. That's just my opinion based on your incredible harshness displayed here, though.

Your perspective is sh*ted on? What do you call what you're doing in concerns to my beliefs, then, eh Tyler? "F*ck it." Oh yeah, that's very nice. Face it: you're talking trash about my beliefs, and complaining when I argue with it. I never said I was infallible. Just as The Bible never calls us God's perfect creation. Do you think you can say things like that and not get called out on it?

This is the third straight post you've ignored the majority of my points. I guess you think that if you say something wrong, and I correct you, it's fine to just forget it, huh?

And what the hell is this circle of logs ****? Um I guess I might think there's someone else on the island. What the fu*k is your point?
You're mighty impatient, aren't you? You don't know why I'm aksing it, so your first reaction is to lash out. Why would you think there's someone else on the island? Oh, BTW: you never answered me: do you believe in evolution, or not?

What's more likely ? That an all powerful being created us and our earth? Or that we created him, so we wouldn't have to feel so small and alone? And yes that is from contact.
Occam's Razor is bull, my friend. It's all in how you phrase it. Case in point: what's more likely? That the complexities of this world and all the amazing life in it (think of the human retena) came about through random explosions and billions of years of chaos and trial-and-error, or that the reason it functions so precisely in so many ways is because it was built to by something higher?

Furthermore, do you think it's more likely that there's no higher power whatsoever, or that there's something beyond us that we don't understand, seeing as how you think we're highly flawed anyway?

The Santa thing was a joke maybe I should have made it a bit more clear :P As for the log thing, when I think of logs I think of it being a straight cut, like someone used a chainsaw.

Originally posted by CerealPort
The Santa thing was a joke maybe I should have made it a bit more clear :P As for the log thing, when I think of logs I think of it being a straight cut, like someone used a chainsaw.
Well, the specifics of the logs don't matter too much. They could be old and beat up looking, and not smooth or anything. I just want to know why you would think that seeing them arranged in a circle of sorts (as circular as straight sticks can get really) would have you assuming that someone else put them there?

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Toose
Man, that was quite a well conceived, albeit lengthy discourse. Allow me to apologize, firstly, for not taking it on point by point. I have not the energy or the desire to do so but I expect TWT will. Here's what I have to say. God is an idea rooted in faith, not logic. I don't care what scientist A,B,C,or D can prove or disprove because I'm not wholly governed by logic, no machine am I. I still believe that what encompasses life and the human experience can only be described as magic. What depths of love, art, etc the human heart is capable of cannot be proven or disproven by any of those scientists. If I say "I love you" to someone the scientist can't prove one way or the other if it's true or not. He can't even clearly define what I mean but the heart knows... it's magic, plain and simple. Science is a wonderful thing but it's also responsible for many of the fallacies of man.

So, God resides in the heart and soul and spirit. Landscapes forever untouched by science.

If you doubt my love, prove me wrong
As always, well spoken, Toose...and I agree with you wholeheartedly.

You guys go on and argue science and theology. You'll be doing it for the rest of your lives. Me? well I'm taking the lovely Sadie by the arm and riding off into the sunset... where science can't reach us... but don't worry, we'll figure it out ...

And I shall ride of into the clouded sunset, with Miss reality.
She may not always be nice...but at least she's honest with me.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by tyler
And I shall ride of into the clouded sunset, with Miss reality.
She may not always be nice...but at least she's honest with me.
I don't want any part of your reality.

I'm right, you're wrong.

haha. I win you lose. I am smarter than you.

for the millionth time, you make no sense. I win again. smart me.

Yes, exactly. It looked like Tyler was open to discussion at first. Instead he came in, posted some essay that I must doubt he wrote all himself just for this thread, and failed to back up his views at all for the most part. What's the deal, man? I thought people who believe in God are supposed to be the emotional ones who don't use logic?