The Cinematic Confessional

Tools    

i watched the Guru (with Jimi Mistry) twice...wow feels soo good to get that off my chest!!!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Well, the confessional may be pleased to know I did not go to the House of Wax screening, but went to Melinda & Melinda instead.

How did you like it?

I thought it was decent enough, but I certainly don't care to see it again...ever.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

film making extraordinaire
Paris hilton in cinema? She should probably stick to the home movies.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
How did you like it?

I thought it was decent enough, but I certainly don't care to see it again...ever.
I thought it was enjoyable, but there was a lot about it that, was (like you said) "decent enough". The tragic parts really weren't very tragic and the comedic parts weren't consistently laugh out loud funny (though I did a good amount). I loved the cast though. Will Farrel was funnier during the glimpses of himself and not when it was Will Farrel playing Woody Allen. And man, I was impressed by the guy from Hackers...

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
I cry every time at All Dogs Go To Heaven. You know its good to talk about these things.
Feelings! Better out than in, as they say. I'm still working on it at times.

Anyways, yes I get tore up by these movies sometimes also. I hate that movie where they had to shoot the Old Yeller dog.

Kills me inside and I don't know why.

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
Anyways, yes I get tore up by these movies sometimes also. I hate that movie where they had to shoot the Old Yeller dog.
See, now, I just laugh my frickin' head off anytime a cinematic pet has to be put down, preferably by the child who loves the pet the most.

My favorite of these comedies is probably The Yearling. Combines the slapstick of Bambi with the madcap hilarity of Born Free -- if Elsa were a deer that kept eating the tobacco crop, that is...

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Mary Loquacious
See, now, I just laugh my frickin' head off anytime a cinematic pet has to be put down, preferably by the child who loves the pet the most.
I feel the same way, laughing my head to a migrane when people die in movies. Mainly how they die and if it's all of a sudden shocker to the audience. Sheesh! When it comes to animals though I get all weepy and needing hugs and such.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Mary Loquacious

My favorite of these comedies is probably The Yearling. Combines the slapstick of Bambi with the madcap hilarity of Born Free -- if Elsa were a deer that kept eating the tobacco crop, that is...

You are clearly a bit skewed.
Nice to meet you!

I don't really like:
Blade Runner
Space Odyssey 2001
Deer Hunter
Barry Lyndon
Psycho
Seven Samauri
....and a whole hoard of other technical marvels.

I do like Mortal Kombat though.

I'll understand if you guys take away my lightsaber. Dang.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
I don't really like:
Blade Runner
Space Odyssey 2001
Deer Hunter
Barry Lyndon
Psycho
Seven Samauri
....and a whole hoard of other technical marvels.

I do like Mortal Kombat though.

I'll understand if you guys take away my lightsaber. Dang.
Geez and I thought someone not seeing a Kurosawa film was bad, someone not LIKING one is worse!

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Havn't seen any of Kurosawa's films

You’ve been hax0red
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I've seen Robin Hood: Men in Tights around twenty times.
yes!, i laugh when Rottingham says"I hear your pretty handy with a sword, lets find out!" and then pulls his hilt off.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Havn't seen any of Kurosawa's films
Neither have i, and to be honest, if someone had said his name to me before reading this thread i wouldnt be able to tell you what films he had made. Sorry.