20. 50%
21. 100%
22. 0%
23. 0%
24. 0%
25. Anger Management (2003)

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Starting to sound like the local "Get off my lawn" guy here. Another Kaufman, oof. ESOTSM must be next. A film I reviewed in the "Movies you couldn't even finish"" thread. Being John Malkovic" is his only film of his I enjoyed.

"Finding Nemo" is in the genre of "I'm a cold hearted SOB" audience, whose grown too old to enjoy retold Disney stories with different characters and/or scenarios. Now I do love watching these with my precious granddaughter and love the look in her eyes while watching these tales. Also saddened that that look is gone from my eyes. No animation on my list.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Finding Nemo was always one of my fave Pixars although it's been going a bit down on my list over the years through attrition so I didn't vote for it. Here's a clip which highlights what I love about it.

Adaptation. has some bravura acting by Cage but I never really bought the conceit of the premise, which is kinda weird since I like so many individual things within it. Maybe I need to stop calling myself a Kaufman/Jonze fan but then I think about Being John Malkovich..

Neither made my list.

I'm confident that the rest are all my selections. I'm also a fan of the Detroit Lions.
They aren't looking to good this year aye lol, not a big football fan myself but like to watch some games here and there when I'm bored.

A system of cells interlinked
No points!

I do have a Pixar on my list, but Finding Nemo is not it. I have always had it somewhere in the middle of their catalog as far as quality.

It's been years since I saw Adaption. I recall liking it, thinking it was clever, but even with a re-watch, probably wouldn't have made my list.

Finding Nemo is cute.

1. The Secret in Their Eyes (2009) (#59)
5. Adaptation (2002) (#43)
6. The Devil's Rejects (2005) (#94)
8. 28 Days Later (2002) (#45)
10. The Wrestler (2008) (#54)
11. Mystic River (2003) (#65)
15. Amores Perros (2000) (#81)
17. Y tu mamá también (2001) (#95)

Both of these titles made the MoFo Top 100 of the Millennium List. Finding Nemo was #44 and Adaptation. #55. Finding Nemo was also up at #6 on the MoFo Top 100 Animated Films List.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Finding Nemo is really good, but I've watched it too many times that I don't know if I'll ever go back to it. I get that this is more an issue with myself rather than the film though, so I don't have any issues with it appearing on this list. Overall, it's a really good animated film that avoids sentimentality, contains a lot of fun, and has several memorable scenes and character arcs.

Need to watch Adaptation someday.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
• I saw Adaptation. in the theater when it came out and later I've obtained the DVD during some mall sale. It is a good movie. Chris Cooper was superb there. I would definitely consider it for my top 50 of the decade.

• Never consider to watch Finding Nemo. #44 is a very high position for these type of movies, I'm very confused.

Top 100 seen 29/58.
--
My list:
4. Snatch [#71.]
9. Amores perros [#81.]
10. The Wrestler [#54.]
14. The Man Who Wasn't There [#84.]

--
(seen one pointers 3/38)

Not on my ballot Top 100 movies I'd support:  

• Never consider to watch Finding Nemo. #44 is a very high position for these type of movies, I'm very confused.
There will no doubt be several more animated films to show up. Finding Nemo isn't even the most popular Pixar on this forum.

Why? There's a huge market for CGI movies, and Finding Nemo is part of the reason for it. Pixar didn't start losing its luster until Cars. I must have seen Finding Nemo a million times as a kid. But it's been ages since I watched it.

By the way, you wanna hear the weirdest irrational fear on Earth? It's related to Finding Nemo. When I was five, VeggieTales VHS's were a big deal, and one of them had this trailer for the Jonah movie:

Well, the teaser was so dark and epic when I was five that I started getting dreams about sinking in a neverending abyss of water, and there was usually a movie logo involved... WUT? So during my childhood, I usually avoided movies and trailers with logos in watery backgrounds. But I must have seen Finding Nemo a hundred times despite this.

By the way, one of the "hints" I came up with for the top 100 was a Finding Nemo one. There was no way Finding Nemo wouldn't make the list, and top 50 is no surprise to me.

I don't really have much to say about yesterday's reveals. I've watched 28 Days Later a few times, but just think it's okay overall so it wasn't on my list. I haven't seen Synecdoche, New York.

Finding Nemo is a film I never thought I'd watch. I'd long since lost interest in family/all ages animation, but it was one of the VHS tapes we had at work (at a summer camp) to help entertain kids on rainy days. To my surprise, I found it quite engaging. Even the rowdier kids sat still and watched the entire thing. While it didn't make my list, at the time it did serve as a reminder to teenage me not to dismiss films just because their target audience is younger children.

I've also seen Adaptation, but I remember little to nothing about it. There's a number of Nic Cage films that I can't keep straight in my head, and this is one of them.

Seen: 31/58

My List:
06. Millennium Actress (2001) - DNP
08. Mother (2009) - #96
10. Iron Man (2008) - #83
11. Paprika (2006) - #64
16. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005) - #76
20. Moon (2009) - #48
25. Bon Cop, Bad Cop (2006) - 1-pointer

From what's left, I think maybe 9 more of my films will place. There are a couple I'm hopeful for, but I'm not holding my breath. 21-24 have no chance at all at this point.